May 17, 2014
✟160,762.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
You just don't get it - God does not make buildings for people to worship HIM in
Men do that - you so focused on figurative things you cant understand what the literal Word of God tells us

That was the old covenant.

There's a new covenant and a new temple.

Upvote 0

seventysevens

Feb 27, 2017
USA
✟38,043.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
That was the old covenant.

There's a new covenant and a new temple.
You just don't get it - go research it - People of Israel have made plans to build the temple -
the only temple of human flesh is the temple of the Holy Spirit and has never been nor will ever be a building,
Temples are built for worship , in the desert they used Tabernacles
Temples are places where people go to worship -

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I think even Christians are already deceived (now) based on that.

Mostly, by loving the things of this world

Agree, and because they love the things of the world, they create their own strong delusion such as, "We can be of the world, and do what the world does, in spite of what the bible tells us and still be saved"

"GLORY BE TO GOD! we can now have our cake and eat it too!" Ugh.:rolleyes:

Reactions: timewerx
Upvote 0

Inkfingers

Somebody's heretic
Site Supporter
May 17, 2014
✟160,762.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
You just don't get it - go research it -

I have.

People of Israel have made plans to build the temple

I know, but it will not be a "holy place" as the old covenant of sacrifices is over.

the only temple of human flesh is the temple of the Holy Spirit and has never been nor will ever be a building

Why do you think it has to be a building that the Beast will be in?

Upvote 0

Micah888

Apr 20, 2018
CALGARY
✟21,176.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
2 Thess 2 does use the phrase day of the Lord. However. It appears to apply the phrase to the second coming of Christ. Revelations 19.
And this ties in with the Great Tribulation, since it is after the Great Tribulation that the second coming of Christ occurs.

When the Lord mentioned the Abomination of Desolation in Matthew 24, He said "and THEN shall be great tribulation..." Which tells us that 2 Thess 2 is giving us insight into the fact that after the Antichrist sets up his image (the Abomination) in the temple of Jerusalem (claiming that he is God), it triggers "desolations" or the Great Tribulation (the day of the Lord) which corresponds to the 6th and 7th seal judgments.

• Informative
Reactions: Erik Nelson
Upvote 0

Micah888

Apr 20, 2018
CALGARY
✟21,176.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I know, but it will not be a "holy place" as the old covenant of sacrifices is over.
Not for unbelieving Jews, who will resume temple sacrifices and have a "holy place" in that temple. Too many try to apply the Christian New Testament understanding to this matter, when there are hundreds of thousands of unbelieving Jews who are still waiting for their Messiah.

And to confuse the Body of Christ (also called a metaphorical temple) with a literal "bricks and mortar" temple is to fail to under Bible prophecy.

• Winner
Reactions: seventysevens
Upvote 0

seventysevens

Feb 27, 2017
USA
✟38,043.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
You see the attitude that you are displaying is the same as the attitude that Israel has - you don't care what they say will be and they don't care what you say - and they want a temple and to start the sacrifices and they shall have it
Why do you think it has to be a building that the Beast will be in?
simple and elementary - Israel wants a temple and will build a temple without the slightest care of what you think about it
More importantly
Gods WORD Declares it WILL happen that way - when GOD says the MAN of Lawlessness will declare himself to Be GOD - it will happen

4 He will oppose and will exalt himself over everything that is called God or is worshiped, so that he sets himself up in God’s temple, proclaiming himself to be God.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
And this ties in with the Great Tribulation, since it is after the Great Tribulation that the second coming of Christ occurs.
Footnote: Remember All the Apostles and most if not all the disciples EXPECTED JESUS to return IN their lifetime. They were taught by Yahweh and by Jesus,
and neither Yahweh nor Jesus told them otherwise - in fact showed rather this was right and good.
i.e. ALL the conditions were accomplished per Yahweh's PLan and Word.

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Footnote: Remember All the Apostles and most if not all the disciples EXPECTED JESUS to return IN their lifetime. They were taught by Yahweh and by Jesus,
and neither Yahweh nor Jesus told them otherwise - in fact showed rather this was right and good.
i.e. ALL the conditions were accomplished per Yahweh's PLan and Word.
Peter knew he would die before the Lords return, if im not mistaken. Peter also said that a thousand years is like a day to God.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Peter knew he would die before the Lords return, if im not mistaken. Peter also said that a thousand years is like a day to God.
Yet Peter like the others believed in Jesus soon return. Expecting Jesus return "in the span of years of a full/normal(not cut short) life time" ? perhaps to say this ..

Point being nothing prevented Jesus' return, except it wasn't the Father's Will Yet as each day passed. Only the Father's Will 'delayed' Jesus' return or 'tarried'(waited),
for His Own Sovereign Choice.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Inkfingers

Somebody's heretic
Site Supporter
May 17, 2014
✟160,762.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
And to confuse the Body of Christ (also called a metaphorical temple) with a literal "bricks and mortar" temple is to fail to under Bible prophecy.

The body of Christ is not a metaphor.

It is the literal temple of the new covenant. The home of the holy spirit.

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Yet Peter like the others believed in Jesus soon return. Expecting Jesus return "in the span of years of a full/normal(not cut short) life time" ? perhaps to say this ..

Point being nothing prevented Jesus' return, except it wasn't the Father's Will Yet as each day passed. Only the Father's Will 'delayed' Jesus' return or 'tarried'(waited),
for His Own Sovereign Choice.
What about peters words that say a thousand years is like a day? That would mean a thousand years is soon to God, wouldn't it?

Consider this scripture, does this sound like Peter thought the Lord would return in his own lifetime?

2 Peter 3:3 Know this first of all, that in the last days mockers will come with their mocking, following after their own lusts, 4 and saying, “Where is the promise of His coming? For ever since the fathers fell asleep, all continues just as it was from the beginning of creation.” 5 For [a]when they maintain this, it escapes their notice that by the word of God the heavens existed long ago and the earth was formed out of water and by water, 6 through which the world at that time was destroyed, being flooded with water. 7 But by His word the present heavens and earth are being reserved for fire, kept for the day of judgment and destruction of ungodly men.

8 But do not let this one fact escape your notice, beloved, that with the Lord one day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years like one day. 9 The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish but for all to come to repentance.

Upvote 0

Micah888

Apr 20, 2018
CALGARY
✟21,176.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Remember All the Apostles and most if not all the disciples EXPECTED JESUS to return IN their lifetime.
That was in connection with the Rapture -- the catching up of THE SAINTS -- with Christ coming "in the air" and returning to Heaven. That is why the Rapture is deemed to always be IMMINENT. Christ was expected by His disciples at any moment, and we are to have the same expectation.

But Christians need to understand the clear distinction between the Resurrection/Rapture (to complete salvation) and the second coming of Christ (to destroy His enemies and to establish His Kingdom on earth).

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The body of Christ is not a metaphor.

It is the literal temple of the new covenant. The home of the holy spirit.
I agree. The real metaphor would be the temple that the Jews had. It was just a shadow of the real thing. The building structure is the real metaphor and the real temple is the body of Christ.

• Agree
Reactions: Inkfingers
Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
That was in connection with the Rapture -- the catching up of THE SAINTS -- with Christ coming "in the air" and returning to Heaven. That is why the Rapture is deemed to always be IMMINENT. Christ was expected by His disciples at any moment, and we are to have the same expectation.

But Christians need to understand the clear distinction between the Resurrection/Rapture (to complete salvation) and the second coming of Christ (to destroy His enemies and to establish His Kingdom on earth).
That's not likely.
I think that /those ideas came from or were part of the strong delusion(s) of the last many centuries by one particular group (not to be named here, please. It won't help.) .

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
What about peters words that say a thousand years is like a day? That would mean a thousand years is soon to God, wouldn't it?
No dis-harmony there with what the Apostles and disciples expected in Jesus soon return.
Consider this scripture, does this sound like Peter thought the Lord would return in his own lifetime?

2 Peter 3:3 Know this first of all, that in the last days mockers will come with their mocking, following after their own lusts, 4 and saying, “Where is the promise of His coming? For ever since the fathers fell asleep, all continues just as it was from the beginning of creation.” 5 For [a]when they maintain this, it escapes their notice that by the word of God the heavens existed long ago and the earth was formed out of water and by water, 6 through which the world at that time was destroyed, being flooded with water. 7 But by His word the present heavens and earth are being reserved for fire, kept for the day of judgment and destruction of ungodly men.

8 But do not let this one fact escape your notice, beloved, that with the Lord one day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years like one day. 9 The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish but for all to come to repentance.
Again, no dis-harmony, no contradiction in expecting Jesus soon return.
More like a warning as noted in other places against thinking because Yahweh hasn't done something in so many years, He's not going to/ He doesn't care.

Everything is Perfectly Accomplished by Yahweh in His Chosen Time as Shown Clearly Throughout All Scripture.

Upvote 0

seventysevens

Feb 27, 2017
USA
✟38,043.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
[Staff edit].

The book of the revelation of Jesus Thee Christ was written after 95 A.D.
Rev 11
I was given a reed like a measuring rod and was told, “Go and measure the temple of God and the altar, with its worshipers. 2 But exclude the outer court; do not measure it, because it has been given to the Gentiles. They will trample on the holy city for 42 months.

This temple is Not the one some people try to say was in 70 AD - it cannot be as the vision given to John at least 20 years after that temple was destroyed

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

dhh712

Mrs. Calvinist Dark Lord
Jul 16, 2013
Gettysburg
✟34,997.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
STRONG DELUSION

2 Thessalonians 2:10-12 King James Version (KJV)
10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.
11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:
12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

(send them) in scripture GOD is often said to do that which HE does not prevent (2 Chron 18:18)

Only other use of the word delusion in the Bible

Isaiah 66 King James Version (KJV)

Thus saith the Lord, The heaven is my throne, and the earth is my footstool: where is the house that ye build unto me? and where is the place of my rest?
2 For all those things hath mine hand made, and all those things have been, saith the Lord: but to this man will I look, even to him that is poor and of a contrite spirit, and trembleth at my word.
3 He that killeth an ox is as if he slew a man; he that sacrificeth a lamb, as if he cut off a dog's neck; he that offereth an oblation, as if he offered swine's blood; he that burneth incense, as if he blessed an idol. Yea, they have chosen their own ways, and their soul delighteth in their abominations.
4 I also will choose their delusions, and will bring their fears upon them; because when I called, none did answer; when I spake, they did not hear: but they did evil before mine eyes, and chose that in which I delighted not.

So we see according to the word that the Lord chooses their delusion he does not create the delusion.

Satan has been, for years, creating the DELUSION so that when the man of sin is revealed that the majority of the world will follow him as he has been deluding them all along.

Revelation 13:3
And I saw one of his heads as it were wounded to death; and his deadly wound was healed: and all the world wondered after the beast.

Matthew 7:13-15 King James Version (KJV)
13 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:
14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.

Remember the parable of the 10 virgins.

Remember a DELUSION (man’s word) is the opposite of the TRUTH (word of GOD)

Matthew 15:9
But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.

The DELUSION (LIE) has to be a belief as Life on this planet is all about believing (worshiping) either GOD or satan.

What is the DELUSION that most Christians today believe, as the Bible says few will find the straight path. Because we are living in the end of time the DELUSION has to be with us now cultivating Christians for satan’s grand finally.

What is this “strong delusion” that most Christians believe today?

Your thoughts please.

My understanding is the strong delusions spoken of in 2 Thess is the so-called science which many people use to claim that what God has revealed to us in the first books of genesis is not really what actually happened (thereby opening the door to doubt other parts of his word). [Staff edit].

The question is: who has final authority? God's word or what science "shows" to be "true". I will stand with the Lord. What he has written is how it went down. You can have your other claims, but I won't believe them because I trust God above man as well as my own understanding.

Upvote 0

seventysevens

Feb 27, 2017
USA
✟38,043.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
My understanding is the strong delusions spoken of in 2 Thess is the so-called science which many people use to claim that what God has revealed to us in the first books of genesis is not really what actually happened (thereby opening the door to doubt other parts of his word). [Staff edit].

The question is: who has final authority? God's word or what science "shows" to be "true". I will stand with the Lord. What he has written is how it went down. You can have your other claims, but I won't believe them because I trust God above man as well as my own understanding.
2 Thess2 tells exactly who the strong delusion is and why he is being sent by God

Upvote 0

dhh712

Mrs. Calvinist Dark Lord
Jul 16, 2013
Gettysburg
✟34,997.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
They want to suppose how life began without including the originator of life and as such they are not willing to acknowledge and give thanks to the Creator of life - ALL Life no matter what kind of life it is . People attempt to say that Man came from evolving apes disregarding the Creator of Life.

They want to believe that all life came from some pool of water that ameoba evolved into fish , humans and all animals and even birds - all to attempt to say that God the Creator is a myth

And they'll find "proof" of it because it's a delusion! Do people undergoing a delusion know they are having a delusion? No! They don't want God in their lives, that is just what they will get!

Sure, the non-believers say that we are ones that are deluded. Well, either one of us are or we both can be. Time will tell. All of us reading this right now will be dead soon enough.

. They say that people who are weak minded need a God to believe in because they themselves choose not to believe there is a Creator God .

Sure. I know I would certainly go insane if I actually knew there was no God. All this senseless suffering in the world. The first thing I would do is kill myself. I'm not sure how people who do not believe in God go on amidst all this suffering. I guess they don't think about it too much.

Well, you're either brain-washed by God or the world. I'm glad it's by God for me. Non-believers seem to have an understanding that they're "free-thinkers" or something, that brain-washing is not involved in their world-view. That's a scarier position to be in, in my opinion.

Upvote 0