Jun 27, 2015
✟38,324.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I read that Apple got rid of the physical SIM card slot on iPhone 14 and it is only possible to use an eSIM with that phone now. I read online that other phones will follow suit, so that eventually all new smartphones will only have eSIM capabilities.

This has me stressed out because now with iPhone SE whenever I want to I can switch the physical SIM card back to the flip phone. One of the reasons I would want to be able to switch back to the flip phone on a temporary basis is if I have accessed inappropriate content. Another reason is because I visit a brother with autism and he has behavior involving squeezing phones as hard as possible and this may crack the screen.

I am thinking if I am wanting to switch between a flip phone and an iPhone in the future with only the eSIM available that it will be a lot harder and it will involve calling my cell phone company and having to be on Wi-Fi when I make any switch between phones. I don’t have Wi-Fi available at home right now.

It might however help to find a cell phone company that can block your Internet access or data on your smartphone if you call them and ask them to do so. Do you know of any cell phone company you can call to block your Internet access?

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟906,105.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I read that Apple got rid of the physical SIM card slot on iPhone 14 and it is only possible to use an eSIM with that phone now. I read online that other phones will follow suit, so that eventually all new smartphones will only have eSIM capabilities.

This has me stressed out because now with iPhone SE whenever I want to I can switch the physical SIM card back to the flip phone. One of the reasons I would want to be able to switch back to the flip phone on a temporary basis is if I have accessed inappropriate content. Another reason is because I visit a brother with autism and he has behavior involving squeezing phones as hard as possible and this may crack the screen.

I am thinking if I am wanting to switch between a flip phone and an iPhone in the future with only the eSIM available that it will be a lot harder and it will involve calling my cell phone company and having to be on Wi-Fi when I make any switch between phones. I don’t have Wi-Fi available at home right now.

It might however help to find a cell phone company that can block your Internet access or data on your smartphone if you call them and ask them to do so. Do you know of any cell phone company you can call to block your Internet access?
There is a reason they chose an apple as their logo.
Blessings

Upvote 0

High Fidelity

Site Supporter
Feb 9, 2014
✟905,075.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
There is a reason they chose an apple as their logo.
Blessings
It's in memory of Alan Turing, who ate an apple laced with cyanide to commit suicide. He underwent chemical castration as a result of going through the courts after it was discovered he was homosexual, and given the choice between prison and chemical castration. Opting for the latter he no doubt underwent a lot of trauma, and it was reported he grew breast tissue as a result of the hormones he was pumped with.

So the Apple logo is in memory of him, whose body was found next to a half-eaten apple. He died of cyanide poisoning, but the apple wasn't tested, however it is still widely believed that's the means he ingested it.

A terrible shame.

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟906,105.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It's in memory of Alan Turing, who ate an apple laced with cyanide to commit suicide. He underwent chemical castration as a result of going through the courts after it was discovered he was homosexual, and given the choice between prison and chemical castration. Opting for the latter he no doubt underwent a lot of trauma, and it was reported he grew breast tissue as a result of the hormones he was pumped with.

So the Apple logo is in memory of him, whose body was found next to a half-eaten apple. He died of cyanide poisoning, but the apple wasn't tested, however it is still widely believed that's the means he ingested it.

A terrible shame.
Then there is the other meaning.

Upvote 0

peaceful-forest

Nov 5, 2022
-
✟65,960.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
In my opinion, I would wait and see what happens with other phones concerning the SIM cards and eSIM cards. I think it's possible that there will be phones available in the future that have physical SIM cards. Remember there are still phones with headphone jacks and micro SD card slots. They didn't do what Apple did.

Upvote 0

Belonging to Abba

Jesus loves you!!!
Jun 27, 2015
✟38,324.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Maybe I'm worrying about it too much. If I have to switch the SIM card to a flip phone for a while because I made any unwise content choices if it is an eSIM it would be more difficult to switch back to the iPhone so I am more or less locked into the flip phone for a while.

As for the meaning of Apple's logo, I have not researched it but I am wondering if you are referring to the forbidden fruit in the garden by your comment. Android was worse for me than iPhone because of settings I found in Android that could easily remove or disable content protection software.

Upvote 0