Strangest Places you've ever witnessed at!

gideon123

Humble Servant of God
Dec 25, 2011
USA
✟59,081.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Under a tree in Africa.
Later the people killed a live goat, which they had brought with them and was staked in the grass, and that's what we ate for lunch. I felt like I had jumped from the modern world and landed back in the Old Testament.

But truly an amazing experience!

Upvote 0

drjean

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Nov 16, 2011
✟313,070.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I've enjoyed reading the responses... and while I have been witnessing since my own experience in 1967... to come up with a strange or wacky "place" well my mind won't go there.... and I'm thinking it's because wherever a person is... is a place to witness! So then I tried to rephrase it into "where is the most unusual place" I've ever witnessed... but still come up with the same answer.... if someone is there to witness to that means it's not unusual. So then I thought, okay... how about unexpected....and I'm working on that but again, I am always expected to find someone to witness to...and for the other person it's always unexpected! :)

• Winner
Reactions: Zoey <3
Upvote 0

Zoey <3

Considering Catholicism
Supporter
Mar 21, 2017
Ohio
✟51,715.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I've enjoyed reading the responses... and while I have been witnessing since my own experience in 1967... to come up with a strange or wacky "place" well my mind won't go there.... and I'm thinking it's because wherever a person is... is a place to witness! So then I tried to rephrase it into "where is the most unusual place" I've ever witnessed... but still come up with the same answer.... if someone is there to witness to that means it's not unusual. So then I thought, okay... how about unexpected....and I'm working on that but again, I am always expected to find someone to witness to...and for the other person it's always unexpected! :)

That is an amazing perspective, drjean!! I admire you for that!!

• Friendly
Reactions: drjean
Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,339,865.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
I had backslidden from the Lord quite far at the time, and had a man over to do drugs and other immoral things. Well, in terms of witnessing, God was non-plussed, He used me to witness to this man for hours!
had a man over to do drugs and other immoral things
He used me to witness to this man for hours
While "doing drugs" and other "immoral things"?

Upvote 0

bbbbbbb

Jun 9, 2015
✟362,418.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I had backslidden from the Lord quite far at the time, and had a man over to do drugs and other immoral things. Well, in terms of witnessing, God was non-plussed, He used me to witness to this man for hours!

Wow! This reminds me of one opportunity God gave me.

I do some travel with my work. On one work trip in the late 1970's I was travelling with a coworker who was not a Christian. We were in a smallish city overnight and were staying at a typical motel. My coworker had been on this project for some months and I was just there to do a one-shot consultation for him. In the evening he invited me to the house of one of the local workers. Given the choice between that and sitting in a boring motel room I decided to go with him

First, my coworker stopped and picked up some beer (which made me a bit edgy). We got to the house and nobody was there so my coworker walked in (the door was unlocked) and we waited in the living room. After a while various people came in and the conversations started. Someone brought out some marijuana. At that point I was wondering how I got myself into this weird situation. In order to avoid total isolation I struck up a conversation with the guy who was living with the worker (a female) who rented the house. He was enjoying the pot and getting rather mellow. To make conversation I asked him what he did and he told me that he was attending seminary.

That really surprised me and I asked him which seminary and was even more surprised to find that it was in a mainline Christian denomination. Then he was really excited that I had an interest in spiritual things and told me that none of his friends were interested in spiritual things. I asked him if his professors didn't have a problem with his lifestyle. He said they were giving him a hard time about it but he couldn't understand why. Then he started handing me various sermons he had written. To say the least, they were weak. I made gentle suggestions such as maybe mentioning God in his sermon might help. I asked him what he was reading in his spare time and it turned out to be a rather standard Christian classic book. I then asked him if he ever read the Bible and he said he had never done it. I suggested that it might be a really good idea to do and he was thrilled with the idea.

So, you never know where God will give you an opportunity.

Upvote 0

sunshineforJesus

is so in love with God
Feb 19, 2014
Sterling Ct
✟709,314.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Under a tree in Africa.
Later the people killed a live goat, which they had brought with them and was staked in the grass, and that's what we ate for lunch. I felt like I had jumped from the modern world and landed back in the Old Testament.

But truly an amazing experience!

Wow that is really cool.

Upvote 0

Daniel Marsh

Jun 28, 2015
Livingston County, MI, US
✟199,349.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Oddest place besides nudist camp as guest speaker, and everyone was dresses by my request.

The Oddest place was in NAM on the Battlefield while helping to prep a fellow Solider for Surgery in the field. The Man going into surgery accepted Christ before he died that day --- Weeks later, a revival broke out among the Doctors and Nurses as a result of that day. Many people came to me and the Chaplin asking about gaining Salvation.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

bbbbbbb

Jun 9, 2015
✟362,418.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Oddest place besides nudist camp as guest speaker, and everyone was dresses by my request.

The Oddest place was in NAM on the Battlefield while helping to prep a fellow Solider for Surgery in the field. The Man going into surgery accepted Christ before he died that day --- Weeks later, a revival broke out among the Doctors and Nurses as a result of that day. Many people came to me and the Chaplin asking about gaining Salvation.

Wow! Praise God!

Upvote 0

St. Helens

I stand with Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
CF Staff Trainer
Supporter
Jul 24, 2007
Lower Slower Minnesota
✟1,216,969.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
On the table at the hospital during physical therapy. I had a torn tendon in my shoulder. So the therapist was working in a rub and moving the shoulder around to get it more flexible.

Upvote 0

catcher2000

Nov 6, 2018
Sacramento
✟17,664.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
List the strangest or wackiest place(s) you've ever had to witness at before!

I'll start!

The "returns desk" at Kohl's dept store while returning a shirt.

Robb

I think the strangest place was the restroom. Someone saw my Bible and asked me if I was a Christian. I invited him to a bible study and he came and we are still in touch to this day. I was even his best man at his wedding!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

bbbbbbb

Jun 9, 2015
✟362,418.00
Faith
Non-Denom
In a hotel lobby in Beirut, Lebanon. The lobby was not at all strange, but the witnessing was divine. I was sitting there with a Christian friend when a young man came up and began talking with us. It turned out that he was a Shia Muslim. He did not own a Bible. We gave him one and he said he would read it, but would be too busy for the present. Pray for him. His name is Ali.

Upvote 0