Strangest Places you've ever witnessed at!

writewords

Meant for ministry. Gloria in excelsis Deo.
Feb 24, 2017
Missouri
✟34,856.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Republican
I don't really witness much cause I am shy about it but have passed out tracts lots of times,and talk about Jesus whenever I get the chance and the topic comes up.

It can be difficult. I am not good at "cold call" evangelism, meaning walking up to someone and asking, but witnessing to people I've built relationships with is easier. Also looking for opportunities in conversations with strangers and friends is good.

Upvote 0

Jonathan Mathews

Dec 5, 2015
Indianapolis
✟33,481.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
List the strangest or wackiest place(s) you've ever had to witness at before!

I'll start!

The "returns desk" at Kohl's dept store while returning a shirt.

Robb

Inpatient Psychiatric. P.S. The preparation God sends you thru for this is NOT enjoyable, but it's worth it.

Upvote 0

Jonathan Mathews

Dec 5, 2015
Indianapolis
✟33,481.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The other day i was at a bus stop and i took out my Bible i order for the person sitting next to me to see it, in the hope that it might spark up a conversation... well just while i was getting up the courage to do it, they left and got on the bus. I sighed with relife, but God didnt.... so wouldnt you know it the bus crashes right then and their into a tree, and EVERYONE gets out... so now instead of an odd 3 people standing at my bus stop we have 30! So being led by God i stood up, very shyly and wittnessed to a bunch of the people standing their. Praise God, Hes so funny and awusme!

That is good. Was anyone hurt, or just shaken up?

• Prayers
Reactions: Gabriel Anton
Upvote 0

UntilTheWholeWorldHears

https://www.patreon.com/untilthewholeworldhears
Apr 15, 2017
Ontario
Visit site
✟7,760.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Wesleyan
Marital Status
Married
One of the strangest places I've ever witnessed was in the Philippines, in a back alley and there was a an aggressive kind of monkey that was on a leash trying to jump at me! The awesome part was that the man I was sharing the gospel with surrendered to Christ. :)
29.jpg

Upvote 0

GirdYourLoins

Nov 27, 2016
Brighton, UK
✟122,682.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
At my Stag Night (Bachelor Party in the US). I was in a nightclub with my friends standing at the bar. I saw a seat become free so said to them that I needed to sit down for a bit. As soon as I sat down a woman next to me started to chat me up and after a few minutes lunged forward and started kissing me. I had to push her away and spent the next half an hour or so witnessing to her and about 5 or 6 people sat near us joined in as well. I was talking about the love of God and how he had given me a love that passes understanding, had brought me together with my soon to be wife and had made me whole. They couldnt get enough of the gospel but Ive never seen them since.

Upvote 0

John 1720

Harvest Worker
Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2013
Massachusetts
✟149,070.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
During a quasi racial riot aboard a US Naval ship, near the end of the Vietnam War. They had thrown some Black Panther ring leaders in the brig but attacks on people by marauding followers had precipitated, instead of halting the violence many were seriously injured and had to be flown off the ship. The Chaplain asked the entire ship to pray so my friend Mike and I went down to the Chapel where we were crying out to the Lord for quite some time. I think we both felt the Lord had heard us and we were consoled in that God had heard our prayer for peace and the Spirit of God to be present among the crew. We walked out through the mess decks and I noted that the aft doorway hatch near the brig was closed and dogged down. This was the entrance to my sidewinder loading area which I was responsible for and it was not supposed to be closed except during GQ. So I opened it and Mike and I were immediately pulled in by one of the leaders of the rebellion.

There we were confronted by maybe a hundred or more dissidents, apparently we had stumbled on a meeting that was highly racial and inflammatory. After dogging the hatch shut again he threw us against the bulkhead and began questioning us who we were and what were we doing there. We both got punched several times in the face and body. We were both fearful but suddenly the Lord reminded me that He was with us in this and my fear completely dissipated. I saw members of my own division there and even members of my team that reported to me and I was able to speak boldly. "We entered here because I am responsible for this area and that hatch is not supposed to be closed. But if you must know the reason we came down here was to pray for all of you, as the Chaplain requested in his announcement. We were calling on the Lord that He would resolve this. I know many of you here and some I know to be Christians and others know me because I have spoken to them about Jesus many times,"
Our interrogator accused us of spying which we denied. "Mike is my friend and prayer partner, and I am holding up this Bible to you, which is the Word of God, as proof we are not lying. We were praying together for each and everyone of you and our brother shipmates. God does not wish that any of you here would resolve your problems with our command by violence. Everyone of us here need Jesus. We are all sinners in need of Christ and we need to do as He tells us in this book. He alone has our answers."
He punched me in the stomach but suddenly many of them were yelling at our accuser either saying. "Leave him alone we know him" and "he is ok", or "Let him go he is just a crazy Jesus freak". He threatened us once more but acquiesced as it was causing division among the rank and file. Then he opened the hatch, pushed us and told us to leave, saying if we said one word to anyone he'd kill us. I said, "you have no power to do that unless God allows it"; at which point he swung a dogging wrench at me. It missed the mark at hit the side of the hatch as we walked away. Later some of the guys that were there were more open to talking about the Lord. God is good.

It was evident how God had protected us and over a hundred people heard who Jesus was that night. A few hours later they flew the ringleaders off the ship and the potential mutiny was permanently avoided. I realized that God had answered our prayers by making Mike and I part of the intervention we asked of Him. I would not forget this and understood from then in how God increases our faith by placing us on the front lines of spiritual warfare and making us part of our own prayers.

In Christ, Patrick a.k.a John 17:20

Upvote 0

Cubits

Jun 5, 2017
XXX
✟15,950.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The dentist
I was young in faith and slightly embarrassed at the name of Jesus. I went to the dentists for a filling and as i walked into the dentists she looked me square in the eye and said "what have you been doing today?" i had been reading my bible and praying but i lied and said "nothing much as i have been working nights".
I went home and opened an email from a friend that was teaching me about Christianity and the email was all about how we should not be embarrassed about the name of Jesus or Jesus will be embarrassed about us in front of the Father. As i read this specific line in the email, my filling fell out of my mouth and into my hand hahaha. So i looked upwards and said "OK Lord i promise to go and tell the dentist all about You". And i did just that lol praise God.

Upvote 0
May 28, 2014
Greeneville
Visit site
✟44,101.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I witnessed online today on hundreds of different message boards to hundreds of thousands of different people. I started this morning and I have been at it for hours.

Some message boards I went onto were really strange. Like the Sims one.

Please pray that as we present the gospel to the lost, Jesus opens their hearts and minds to the gospel so that they can be saved.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

GirdYourLoins

Nov 27, 2016
Brighton, UK
✟122,682.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Nearly 20 years ago when I had been saved for 5 days I was walking home and half way across the road someone said I looked depressed and to cheer up. I explained that I was extremely happy as I had recently become a Christian and was just deep in thought about the change in my life. it was a Friday night and I was walking home. For a couple of years I had been going to the pub straight from work on Fridays and could put away 40-50 pints of beer (sometimes more according to the bar staff at my local). This night I had drunk 4 pints and could not physically drink more so had gone home. I spent about half an hour witnessing to the man who stopped me stood roughly on the white line in the middle of the road about 100 yards in front of the train station with cars and buses going past us in both sides.

• Prayers
Reactions: Gabriel Anton
Upvote 0

Zoey <3

Considering Catholicism
Site Supporter
Mar 21, 2017
Ohio
✟74,215.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
On the sidewalk outside of dollar tree... The Holy Spirit urged me to buy a homeless man a bible. Turned out he was a former pastor who had fallen away from God. Such a kind soul. I wonder how he met this fate.

Upvote 0

actionsub

Sir, this is a Wendy's...
Jun 20, 2004
Belleville, IL
✟57,546.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
In the dining room of a Jack in the Box after hours.
I'd come to pick up my wife, who was working there. While I was waiting for her, I got to talking to some of her co-workers (they'd just transferred her to that location). Next thing I know, I'm preaching a mini-sermon to them about how Jesus didn't make a bunch of rules; he just said, "Follow me".
I'm not sure how much fruit it bore; these were some pretty wild folk. To boot, my wife ended up divorcing me three months later...

• Winner
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
In the dining room of a Jack in the Box after hours.
I'd come to pick up my wife, who was working there. While I was waiting for her, I got to talking to some of her co-workers (they'd just transferred her to that location). Next thing I know, I'm preaching a mini-sermon to them about how Jesus didn't make a bunch of rules; he just said, "Follow me".
I'm not sure how much fruit it bore; these were some pretty wild folk. To boot, my wife ended up divorcing me three months later...

I'm so sorry about your wife.

God bless you, however, for speaking to this group of "wild folk"...i'm thinkin' God gave you the unction to do that.

Precious.

God bless you.

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
To someone all crumpled up, sleeping on a bench. it was very brief, to the point, and i gave them what was in my pocket, which they weren't expecting. Come to find out, they had family who had been praying for them.

Upvote 0

actionsub

Sir, this is a Wendy's...
Jun 20, 2004
Belleville, IL
✟57,546.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Oh man, sorry about your divorce brother.

Thanks.
That's been a number of years ago; I've since found a new wife who is an encouragement and a partner in God.

Upvote 0