Strangest Places you've ever witnessed at!

bonniea84

Praying for Armed Forces
May 3, 2004
Laramie, WY
✟280.00
Faith
Christian
Hi. The strangest place I've witnessed is on a Greyhound bus. I sat with a Christian woman who was going to Canada, and by sharing our faith between the two of us, we ministered to some people who were sitting around us. It was wonderful!

Blessings!

Bonnie

:angel: :angel: :angel:

Upvote 0

ydouxist

Senior Veteran
Nov 27, 2003
Texas
Visit site
✟12,440.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
At a cult bible study.

A few months after I got saved, I was invited to a Bible study with people from the unification church or "moonies." I witnessed to everyone there on how God had transformed my life. One of the people that attended the meeting "his name was Stephen"
I lead to the Lord a few months later. He saw me in a parking lot one day and wanted to talk. He told me he felt he could trust me to lead him to the truth. He said he didn't know why but he didn't believe they had the truth. The moonie group ended up leaving my town but that's another story.:clap:

Upvote 0

TheThirdLink

I am an INFJ.
Sep 26, 2003
Undisclosed
Visit site
✟1,088.00
Faith
Protestant
PRAISE THE LORD!!!! :D

I am shy naturally, so I carry Chick tracts with me wherever I go. I leave them everywhere...library, school, on people's cars, grocery store, beach, other cities...even in the ladies'/public restroom. :blush:

The strangest place I had to witness was in my neighborhood. Four years ago, my little sister and I went throughout the whole neighborhood by ourselves inviting people to church and giving them tracts (I was 12 then, and she was 10), and I had to witness to an elderly man, because he was asking questions. At first I was fearful (like a deer caught in the beams of oncoming headlights), but my little sister said a silent prayer for me and I came through just fine. He ended up coming to our church and the pastor preached about Salvation that day of all things. ;)

Now I just go on visitation with my Pastor and several other people from our church. We go doorknocking and witness to people and invite them to our church. Oh yeah, I still leave those Chick tracts everywhere. :D

PRAISE HIS NAME, HALLELUJIAH!!! :D

Upvote 0

Periann

Nov 21, 2003
TX
✟11,410.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hmm...all I can think of right now was right before bio lab a few weeks ago. It was kind of weird because we were both burned out, and then for some reason one of the things my friend said "Even if I get this it won't be enough" just clicked with me...and I spouted off. And then we went off to dissect a fetal pig. Yep...

Upvote 0
W

WashedClean

I witnessed at a Weight Watchers lobby. I was telling my friend why I was quitting Weight Watchers (to joing a Christian weight loss program) and it just started from there. I told her the whole Gospel message. It was weird because people were all around us, but it felt like we were the only two in the place.

Then a year later, I helped her get a job at my company. We still work together, but I really haven't had a chance to witness to her any more.

Upvote 0

Hands&Feet

Sep 27, 2003
USA
✟851.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
When I got the final proof of a book I had just gotten published, my wife and I went to her sister's biker bar to show it to her. We are always looking for a way to reach out to her and thought it might work. Unknown to us at the time, there was a guy sitting at the bar who was contemplating suicide. My wife's sister and the patrons were worried and didn't know what to do. They guy looked at my book and said to me, "It's too bad there aren't any miracles today like there were in the old days." I told him that my book contained 330 pages of miracles which happened just to me and my family and friends over the past 20 years or so. That got him started. He told me that he had given up on life and that when he went to church for help, the pastor turned him away. But he had kicked heroin addiction and had overcome many tough obstacles. I explained to him that just that fact was evidence of God's working in his life.

We wound up praying with him to give his life to Jesus. We bound up the demonic influences in his life, and watched him transform into a new creation right Before our eyes. "Wow!" he began, "What are the chances of me sitting here drinking the last beer of my life before I kill myself, and having a minister walk in and sit down beside me in a backwoods biker bar and pray with me? There really are miracles today and I've just witnessed one which has saved my life. God bless you. You have know idea what this means to me."

On the way out the door several bikers thanked me. One shook my hand, another gave me a hug and said, "God bless you! You just saved this dude's life! Come back and talk to us again!"

That suicidal ex-heroin addict was one of the first people to buy a copy of my book when our first order came. He is going to church weekly and had gotten involved in a weekly men's breakfast and God is working in his life.

The point is, there was a time when I would not have stepped foot in any bar. When I met my wife, she changed my perspective. She has tended bar for 20 years because she believes that is God's mission field for her. She has saved countless people from killing themselves, she has reconciled probably a hundred or more marriages, and has led many more to Jesus. Yeah, the naysayers will scoff and ask how serving alcohol could be right. Well, they might have a point, but how is letting so many people rot in hell and die needlessly because she didn't care ever right in God's eyes? Jesus spent much of His time with such people, and I can see why. Indeed, there was a time when I thought witnessing in a bar was about the last place I would share the Gospel. But my wife showed me just how fruitful it can be if we don't limit God's ability to work through us.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

worldchanger89

Jun 25, 2004
USA
✟197.00
Faith
Baptist
Waiting in line at Six Flags Over Georgia to ride the Batman Ride. :)

I standing next to this guy 2 years younger than me that i had been trying to witness to for months. I still have not gotten all the way, but im getting there and im not giving up!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

New Creation

*Practise Promiscuous Charity*
Aug 4, 2003
Visit site
✟5,331.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Greyhound bus to a mentally unstable woman from Vancouver to Winnipeg

The pub where I work to an alcoholic cross-dresser who is now going to church regularly- Praise God!

Once when I was on the BC ferry system, there was a guy who worked there and was attracted to me and asked if I wanted to come up to the wheelhouse to see how the boat goes. Well, I actually got to "drive" the ship for about 15 minutes. The guy finally asks me if I have a fella in my life and I say "Yes, I do".
"Jesus Christ!" he swears.
"Yeah, that's the guy, actually!" I said. And I witnessed to all the guys in the wheelhouse.
Gotta thank God for maybe the greatest comic line of my life right there. Talk about timing!!!!!:bow: :D :cool:

Upvote 0

feo

Angels Fall First
Feb 14, 2004
Arizona
✟12,457.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
hehehe in The Engineering Lab, at About 3:00 AM... my Muslim Friend and i Were Working on a Project Together-- and all of a Sudden *ALL* The Terminals Reset, losing Everyones Work... all The Computers soft-rebooted... Except MINE, Ironaclly. my Friend Looked up at The Sky, shook his Fist, and said, "You and YOUR God! GRR" needless to Say, a Conversation Involving Gods Nature Quickly Followed ;)

Upvote 0
M

ManicEpisode

Hands&Feet said:
Yeah, the naysayers will scoff
Phhhtt, let them.

I once knew a guy who was allowed into crack houses on Sundays where they would shut down for an hour and let him preach. Talk about Gods grace. Wherever we find ourselves is a great place to serve God, if He provides the opportunities.

I'm a former cop and once was able to lead a rape suspect in the back of my squad thru the sinners prayer as I took him to jail.
I read in the paper a few months later the guy plead guilty, which made me think he may have truely repented, because usually those guys plead not guilty and go to trial.

Upvote 0

Godisgood

A Whosoever
Aug 19, 2003
✟15,467.00
Faith
Christian
I had the opportunity to share my testimony in a LDS (Mormon) sacrament service. That was an awesome opportunity. Once I met a lady from a non-Christian religion at our local mall after she had called me to meet with me. We talked in one of the sitting areas outside of a department store.

Upvote 0