• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.

Strange way to cure migraines

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by timewerx, Mar 15, 2020.

1. timewerx

timewerx the village i--o--t--

+5,029
    Christian Seeker
    Single
    I suffer from "aura" migraines. The worse of the other types of migraines where you see a glowing and pulsating crescent shaped artifact (visual distortion) and then disappearing after a few minutes, followed by a painful headache.

My trigger is hunger and stress. If I forgot to eat, that means trouble.

I can tell it's about hit. My vision starts to become impaired.

And I found a cure by accident.

I was about to have a migraine when I felt the urge to focus my eyes very close to the computer monitor, until I can see the individual pixels on the screen. Really close like around 6 inches.

That did the trick for me to prevent a migraine from progressing once it is detected early.

Really strange cure!

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
    We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. mnorian

mnorian Oldbie--Eternal Optimist Staff Member Administrator CF Senior Ambassador Supporter

+8,375
    Christian
    Married
    If I see one coming on; and go in a dark room and rest with my eyes shut; it goes away faster with no head ache. If I try to ignore it and continue to use my eyes; like watching the PC screen; it can make it worse and turn into a massive light show. :eek: Mine can look like this:
    2020-03-15 06.20.17 www.google.com f733b1a0447a.png

3. Lost4words

Lost4words Jesus I Trust In You Supporter

+6,623
    United Kingdom
    Catholic
    Single
    A friend of mine suffered with daily migranes for over 20 years! Really bad too. Tried lots of different medications etc.

Then, he found the one thing that cured him forever!

Divorce! :p

4. timewerx

+5,029
    Christian Seeker
    Single
    Mine looks the same!

That's the strange thing, I look into the PC monitor real close and it goes away.

BTW I look at a blank image like an empty notepad displayed in the computer screen stare at it for a couple seconds until I see the tiny pixels.

Then it goes away.

I noticed the zig-zaggy visual distortion looks a bit like the lcd screen RGB pixels of the computer screen, only goes around in a semi-circle.

One day, I actually woke up having pixelated vision and the lines / grids are perfectly straight and equidistant. I even measured the lines while looking at a measuring stick. They are precisely spaced and perfectly straight. The lines themselves are sharply defined so they are not simply an after-image and persisted for several minutes. I have nothing in my bedroom that could also cause such after-image.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2020
  5. Ophiolite

Ophiolite Recalcitrant Procrastinating Ape

+6,396
    United Kingdom
    Agnostic
    Private
    Interesting. I also experience the colourful, jagged, aura migraines that begin with a tiny zone of blurred vision then progressively expand, as though getting closer, until the roughly circular pattern "disappears" behind one. This can take as long as one hour, or as little as ten minutes.

I deliberately avoided saying I suffer from migraines, since i never have a headache accompany them and I find them rather attractive. They are an inconvenience if I am reading and for safety reasons I will stop if I am driving, but otherwise they are not an imposition. I cannot identify clear triggers, but the cessation of stress seems to be one, occasionally.

I shall try your cure the next time I have an incident.

6. timewerx

+5,029
    Christian Seeker
    Single
    ONe interesting trigger I had:

Watching the movie "Interstellar". They had a scene there which showed distortions caused by flying into a black hole. That triggered a migraine.

7. yeshuaslavejeff

yeshuaslavejeff simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua

+10,900
    Anabaptist
    Like stretching (muscles). See dogs and cats stretch often when they get up ? It works!
    Sore muscles are possibly prevented by frequent stretching, and sometimes soon relief if there is soreness, aches or pains.

Max Gerson, md. , likewise cured his own migraines, by diet, eliminated them,
    and later shared his method with others and with his patients. It worked. (even 'cured' some others who were sick with ongoing problems, that drugs had not helped) ....
    Strange ? Sure...... Works ? Often..... not always..... but enough to be helpful to most people.....

8. yeshuaslavejeff

+10,900
    Anabaptist
    Yeah, that's the problem with flying into a black hole in space - they always trigger a migraine if preventive measures aren't used .... or corrective afterwards....

:)

9. yeshuaslavejeff

+10,900
    Anabaptist
    Unfortunately, the side-effects of choosing that are far far worse than any headache.

10. Lost4words

+6,623
    United Kingdom
    Catholic
    Single
    Not always ;)

God is mercy and love.

11. yeshuaslavejeff

+10,900
    Anabaptist
    He is also perfect in judgment, with NO iniquity. So yes, always.

12. Lost4words

+6,623
    United Kingdom
    Catholic
    Single
    Yes, very loving and merciful.

Thanks be to God

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  13. Lost4words

+6,623
    United Kingdom
    Catholic
    Single
    Jesus came to save sinners.

14. Clertole

Clertole New Member

+6
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    Wow, good for you if that really worked. Nice job. In my case, usually, I take a refreshing bath to relax myself.

15. Mak33y

Mak33y Soar Like An Eagle

+51
    Philippines
    Non-Denom
    Single
    I have migraine since childhood... now I found that if I don't drink coffee I will get it, Usually it cures after I had my coffee. Weird!