The Tropics
✟109,434.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
-Ketchup goes on just about anything in my book. Ketchup is life. ...Two of my favorites to dip in ketchup are lightly fired eggplant and okra.

-I never eat rice without hot sauce on it.

That's kind of as weird as it gets for me, unless I'm forgetting something. But like others have said, ice cream and french fries tastes really good, I just never eat it anymore.

Upvote 0

CodyFaith

Site Supporter
Jun 9, 2016
Canada
✟158,594.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
A friend of mine told me to put french fries in a burger once and eat it like that. I enjoyed it but wouldn't do it again.

That's as far as it goes for me haha. The concept of french fries and ice cream has always grossed me out... two textures that should not be combined imo. :preach:

• Haha
Reactions: NurseAbigail
Upvote 0

Miss Spaulding

Virtus semper viridis
Jan 6, 2005
The Tropics
✟109,434.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
A friend of mine told me to put french fries in a burger once and eat it like that. I enjoyed it but wouldn't do it again.

That's as far as it goes for me haha. The concept of french fries and ice cream has always grossed me out... two textures that should not be combined imo. :preach:

Hmm, yes, the texture is definitely odd. But I think for most people it has more to do with the salty/sweet combo.

Also, I had a burrito once with french fries in it. That thing was amazing.

Upvote 0

Squeakers

Cat and music lover.
Dec 21, 2007
Way in the back, off to the left.
✟70,915.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
No, I don't think I've have ever tried it. I'd love to try it, sounds really good.

Upon doing some research, famous people with bizarre tastes in food include...

-Tiny Tim who would eat spaghetti sauce out of the jar.
-Richard Nixon ate cottage cheese and ketchup for lunch.
-Frederick the Great drank his coffee with mustard in it.
-Henry Ford made salads, sandwiches, and soups using roadside greens like weeds.

The last one on your list, using 'roadside' greens...it's actually becoming more popular with certain groups of people. It's called foraging and yes, there are a lot of plants and flowers you can actually eat right outside your door. I used to study foraging some odd years back. It's actually pretty awesome...it's always fun watching people's reactions when I would grab a plant or flower and start eating it right in front of them. :D

Upvote 0

Toro

Oh, Hello!
Jan 27, 2012
You don't get to stalk me. :|
✟338,520.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The last one on your list, using 'roadside' greens...it's actually becoming more popular with certain groups of people. It's called foraging and yes, there are a lot of plants and flowers you can actually eat right outside your door. I used to study foraging some odd years back. It's actually pretty awesome...it's always fun watching people's reactions when I would grab a plant or flower and start eating it right in front of them. :D
:| You say foragers..........I say bad hunters...... or raccoons :|

Upvote 0

NurseAbigail

Site Supporter
Sep 27, 2017
NC
✟48,325.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private

Attachments

• Maple-Bacon-Ice-Cream-Recipe.jpg
    Maple-Bacon-Ice-Cream-Recipe.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 2
  • latest.jpg
    latest.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 1
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Servant68

Sleepless 300 miles from Seattle
Jun 30, 2015
The Pacific Northwest
✟73,203.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

My partner at work is a former US military survival instructor and knows just about everything about what you can eat and what you can't and the healing properties of various plants in the wild.

I was at this place during the summer for a party and we were in the backyard when he grabbed the green shoots off of a spruce tree branch and popped them in his mouth. He said they are rich in vitamin C and used to sooth sore throats and coughs when made into tea. I tried a couple and they weren't bad at all.

Reactions: Squeakers
Upvote 0

RayofSun

Feb 22, 2005
Land of the ice and snow
✟121,331.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Some of ya'll are freaks.
Right?! Glad you said it... :p

I'd be worried about inviting any of you guys over for dinner. I couldn't possibly be prepared for your odd requests.

We're having lasagna! "Do you have a grapefruit
vinaigrette?"
Tacos! "Don't forget the ice cream??!"

Hamburgers. "Got any liquorice?"

Your poor mothers!

Upvote 0

Saucy

King of CF
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2005
Michigan
✟837,521.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Right?! Glad you said it... :p

I'd be worried about inviting any of you guys over for dinner. I couldn't possibly be prepared for your odd requests.

We're having lasagna! "Do you have a grapefruit
vinaigrette?"
Tacos! "Don't forget the ice cream??!"

Hamburgers. "Got any liquorice?"

Your poor mothers!
Finally! Someone on this forum besides me with normal tastes! :D

• Haha
Reactions: NurseAbigail
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

NurseAbigail

Site Supporter
Sep 27, 2017
NC
✟48,325.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0