Torah Submissive
Sep 18, 2006
Australia
✟16,991.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
I don't think the Star of Bethlehem had anything to do with astrology, rather it was a supernatural event.

Remember, another supernatural event had just taken place. A virgin woman had just given birth to Emmanuel (God with us).

OU

You seem to be making some very absolute statements about something you, in reality can't really know. Plus the star didn't just appear at the time of his birth, the wise men were following it for months before they would have come to Bethlehem.

If you have made some weirdo link that anything to do with stars connected to signs suddenly being "evil" you are mistaken. The worship of stars and the belief that they have supernatural power is "evil" not the actual stars themselves, they are as we know just balls of gas or in this case planets. It is obvious that they have been put in place as signs, hence the reason we can navigate by them, they obviously have the ability to be sign-posts of direction. God often uses the wonderful things He has created to fulfill his purposes, it doesn't always have to be some mammoth supernatural event. To rule something out completely without probably cause is foolish, to teach others to do so as well is more so. I wouldn't be making any absolute statements about the end times unless the bible says it as an absolute.

Upvote 0

Simon_Templar

Not all who wander are lost
Jun 29, 2004
Visit site
✟33,719.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
even if the STAR was caused by direct supernatural intervention, it was still an astronomical phenomenon.

People tend to forget that the entire natural universe is derives from supernatural causes. The flood, was a natural event, with a supernatural cause, the fact that the planets and stars move on the paths they do was established by God.

If God arranged from the foundations of the world, for planetary and astronomical conjunctions to mark the birth of Christ... is that not supernatural?

Also, the idea that God uses signs in the heavens, is not astrology. There are some significant differences between the two ideas.

Upvote 0

icedtea

Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2006
Ohio
✟30,909.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Also, the idea that God uses signs in the heavens, is not astrology. There are some significant differences between the two ideas.
True. Me, myself, I avoid anything that seems like astrology. I know God created the planets, and can use them for signs.

Upvote 0

OttawaUk

Veteran
Mar 13, 2005
Ottawa, Canada
✟9,624.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You seem to be making some very absolute statements about something you, in reality can't really know. Plus the star didn't just appear at the time of his birth, the wise men were following it for months before they would have come to Bethlehem.

If you have made some weirdo link that anything to do with stars connected to signs suddenly being "evil" you are mistaken. The worship of stars and the belief that they have supernatural power is "evil" not the actual stars themselves, they are as we know just balls of gas or in this case planets. It is obvious that they have been put in place as signs, hence the reason we can navigate by them, they obviously have the ability to be sign-posts of direction. God often uses the wonderful things He has created to fulfill his purposes, it doesn't always have to be some mammoth supernatural event. To rule something out completely without probably cause is foolish, to teach others to do so as well is more so. I wouldn't be making any absolute statements about the end times unless the bible says it as an absolute.

Notice how I said "think"? Nobody is talking about absolutes here.

Just as you cannot say for certain it was an astrological event, nor can someone say for certain it was supernatural.

I agree with HD about astrology.

OU

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

brother daniel

Dec 3, 2004
Bethel, New york
Visit site
✟17,572.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Notice how I said "think"? Nobody is talking about absolutes here.

Just as you cannot say for certain it was an astrological event, nor can someone say for certain it was supernatural.

I agree with HD about astrology.

OU

We are not Magi, nor are we called to be astronimers or astrologers.

When Jesus returns every eye will see him.

The six pointed star of Moloch however is the trademark of the Synagogue of Satan, "they who call themselves Jews and are not", the emensly wealthy Askanizi merchants of central Asia that became the Ascanian Keizers of Prussia and Germany and Czars of Russia.

Amo 5:26 But ye have borne the tabernacle of your Moloch and Chiun your images, the star of your god, which ye made to yourselves.

Act 7:43 Yea, ye took up the tabernacle of Moloch, and the star of your god Remphan, figures which ye made to worship them: and I will carry you away beyond Babylon.

The signs of Jesus eminent return are all around us. It doesent take angels or signs in the heavens to remind us.

The Holy Ghost and scriptures are enough if you beleave.

With love in Christ
brother daniel

Upvote 0

JesusServant

do not stray too far left nor right but CENTER
Dec 5, 2002
✟19,768.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
brother daniel said:
icon12.gif
The six pointed star means sex,sex,sex and thats business

here goes brother daniel with an evil sex rant...

How were people supposed to multiply and subdue the earth as told in the book of Genesis Mr. Daniel?

Is it because of your age that you think sex is evil now or what? Would you mind if I had kids some day? Or is my having sex to have a child evil?

What if I have sex with my loved one when I meet her? What if we don't have a child but we still have sex to enjoy one another in pleasure. Is this evil? Did God not create this in the first place?

Oh help us brother daniel for we are all sinners

Upvote 0

NumberOneSon

The poster formerly known as Acts6:5
Mar 24, 2002
Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟22,170.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

How were people supposed to multiply and subdue the earth as told in the book of Genesis Mr. Daniel?

Is it because of your age that you think sex is evil now or what? Would you mind if I had kids some day? Or is my having sex to have a child evil?

What if I have sex with my loved one when I meet her? What if we don't have a child but we still have sex to enjoy one another in pleasure. Is this evil? Did God not create this in the first place?

Well, to be fair, as much as I disagree with Daniel on a lot of issues, I don't think he was referring to sex in general, only the immoral use of sex in worldy societies. Surely physical intimacy between a husband and a wife is to be cherished and encouraged. I don't believe Daniel was referring to that...just sexploitation in society today.

In Christ,

Acts6:5

Upvote 0

JesusServant

Dec 5, 2002
✟19,768.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Well, to be fair, as much as I disagree with Daniel on a lot of issues, I don't think he was referring to sex in general, only the immoral use of sex in worldy societies. Surely physical intimacy between a husband and a wife is to be cherished and encouraged. I don't believe Daniel was referring to that...just sexploitation in society today.

In Christ,

Acts6:5

Which annoys me too. Everywhere you go and everything you see, it's in your face but it's supposed to be a free *cough* society.

But I'll make it through until I meet the one I'm supposed to be with so help me God.:help:

Upvote 0

brother daniel

Dec 3, 2004
Bethel, New york
Visit site
✟17,572.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married

You are very mistaken, but it is not the first time.
I consider the differance between males and females lovely and not evil. Likewise the attractions and tensions between them are very exciting and not the least bit evil.

You seem to be equating the word sex with sexual intercourse rather than a gender differance.

Is it because of your age that you think sex is evil now or what?

I have never consider that sexual intercourse between male and female was evil when between consenting partners.

But I do think to making a business and profit out of arousing people sexualy is evil.

Would you mind if I had kids some day? Or is my having sex to have a child evil?

Of course not, have away.

I have had plenty of sexual experance some of it was evil ,meaning a clamity. I raised my seven children to understand that their genitals were not a recreational toy.

Thank you for asking those questions.
The context that I brought it up here is in relation to the six pointed star that entered Hebrew law making with the marrage of Solomon and the Pharoahs daughter.In legal history this union is called Hero gamos, or sacred marrage.

http://www.hg.org/

But since Solomons addiction to sex worship was so good for business and he had socalled sacred marrages with with a multide of strange woman and permitted them to have there own temple brothels, God ripped the kingdom of Israel from his family. A buy product of the religion of Moloch was too many babys so they killed them.

Here is an informative link to what lured him away and is now being promoted by books, movies television and the fashon industry.
http://www.goddess.org/religious_sex.html

Its rape and the sex business that is evil. If you cannot live without sexual intercourse, then marry.

With it will come sorrow but it might help you become a humble servant of Christ.

My grandfather who was not a Chistian once told me if you want a wife find a church with the kind of women that please you and marry one.

Its not hard to acquire a wife if sex is what you are after.

But if you want a partner in the Lord, preach, teach and live the life of a disciple.

But back to the thread. The six pointed star was used by the Turkic tribe who's poligamous rulers became Jews,and like Solomon used that star on their coins.

The vanity and fashon industry is ruled by this sex magic of the merchants of Babylon.

With love in Christ
brother daniel

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

JesusServant

Dec 5, 2002
✟19,768.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Upvote 0

JesusServant

Dec 5, 2002
✟19,768.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
you never did answer my question though...

How were they supposed to multiply and subdue the earth without sex so many years ago? Also, they go on and on and on about the wisdom of Solomon on TBN. In what way does 'TBN' feel that solomon was wise? Are you saying that the Trinity Broadcasting Network is actually an organization working for the devil himself?

Upvote 0

JesusServant

Dec 5, 2002
✟19,768.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Also, since my sex-life has somehow become involved in this thread (ugh - my own fault)... I haven't had it in years... I also have rarely had someone to hold or listen to me and trust me with everything that she is and I am. I need a real woman for all of these things. In today's society people think you get really drunk, take home whoever will come home with you and if you're not in love the next morning do it again. I'm not going there either.

HOWEVER, without a helpmeet I struggle. Obviously!

I have many gifts/talents and I know where I'm going and what I'm going to do with them. But am I not allowed a helpmeet to reach these goals and dreams? Of course I am. But there is no church that I want to join to meet her, why should I have to. The churches today lock their doors at night so the homeless have no where to lay their weary heads. Or maybe they lock the doors because of fear that idols or 'their' property may be stolen. I've even personally seen churches install security cameras throughout. What are they afraid of? Where is the trust in God not only in this nation but in the churches of this nation?

You've gotten me started now...

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.