✟40,747.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Homosexual: SSA and Gay

If a homosexual does not embrace the "gay" lifestlye that is does not participate in homosexual acts or believe in the gay culture then we call these people same sex attracted

So if a homosexual does not participate in the homosexual act but supports the gay lifestyle in beleif.. are they still Gay?

If so if a hetrosexual does not participate in the homosexual act but supports the gay lifestyle in beleif.. are they Gay also?

Rhamiel

Member of the Round Table
Nov 11, 2006
ohio
✟241,111.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I think SSA is a better term then gay

Just use ssa for anyone with same sex attraction if they indulge in it or not

Use pro-LGBTQ for those who support the lifestyle if they are SSA or not

This takes away the idea that someone “is gay” it reduces SSA to an affliction and reduces pro-LGBTQ to a political position

Upvote 0

The Grouch

Oct 20, 2017
England
✟40,747.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I think SSA is a better term then gay

Just use ssa for anyone with same sex attraction if they indulge in it or not

Use pro-LGBTQ for those who support the lifestyle if they are SSA or not

This takes away the idea that someone “is gay” it reduces SSA to an affliction and reduces pro-LGBTQ to a political position

I see your point but u havent really answered my question.. i can understand why as its a bit of a head scratcher :scratch:

Upvote 0

Heart2Soul

Site Supporter
Sep 25, 2017
Tulsa
✟158,650.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

If a homosexual does not embrace the "gay" lifestlye that is does not participate in homosexual acts or believe in the gay culture then we call these people same sex attracted

So if a homosexual does not participate in the homosexual act but supports the gay lifestyle in beleif.. are they still Gay?

If so if a hetrosexual does not participate in the homosexual act but supports the gay lifestyle in beleif.. are they Gay also?
IMHO....the Bible say light cannot fellowship with darkness...therefore if we support sin in someone's life then we are partakers of it as well.

Upvote 0

Note

Borg Drone
Aug 16, 2012
✟19,392.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Divorced
I think any human that thinks/supports anything with this gay/les crap is themselves as such in their minds and just allows other people to think it is just okay to do it. I think people need to stop supporting all this junk and these people need mental help.

They say I am "homophobic." That is funny since I am stuck with humans and I am not afraid of humans in general. No, the proper word is "sinophobic." I got my own sins to deal with than to have people pestering me to accept/support theirs. How they pester? They put this crap in all my favorite shows and movies. Gay this and trans that. So, yes, they are gay/etc and/or supporting it, they are themselves having mental issues.

One man + one woman ONLY. Anyone who thinks otherwise is SICK.

Oliva Munn's mother said, better to speak out and be alone, than stay silent for the comfort of others.

If my answer made sense, great. If not, sorry. No refunds.

• Agree
Reactions: The Grouch
Upvote 0

PloverWing

Episcopalian
May 5, 2012
New Jersey
✟335,953.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married

The way the terminology is most often used:

"Gay" generally is used to refer to someone's sexual orientation, so a celibate person who is attracted exclusively to people of the same sex would still be called "gay".

A person who is attracted exclusively to people of the opposite sex is "straight", not "gay", but is often called an "ally" if they support gay people who have same-sex romantic partnerships.

I have heard conservative Christians, especially Catholic Christians, use the term "same sex attracted" to describe celibate people who are attracted to people of the same sex, in order to distinguish celibate people from those who are in romantic partnerships. It emphasizes that the person is committed to a celibate lifestyle.

Upvote 0

The Grouch

Oct 20, 2017
England
✟40,747.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
The way the terminology is most often used:

"Gay" generally is used to refer to someone's sexual orientation, so a celibate person who is attracted exclusively to people of the same sex would still be called "gay".

A person who is attracted exclusively to people of the opposite sex is "straight", not "gay", but is often called an "ally" if they support gay people who have same-sex romantic partnerships.

I have heard conservative Christians, especially Catholic Christians, use the term "same sex attracted" to describe celibate people who are attracted to people of the same sex, in order to distinguish celibate people from those who are in romantic partnerships. It emphasizes that the person is committed to a celibate lifestyle.

Yes i agree, but catholics tend to use Gay as those who are embracing a homosexual lifestyle weather they are active or merely embrace it as a moral choice. I think that the term Gay can be extended to hetrosexuals who embrace gay sex as a moral choice but i am not entirely sure

Upvote 0

PloverWing

Episcopalian
May 5, 2012
New Jersey
✟335,953.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Yes i agree, but catholics tend to use Gay as those who are embracing a homosexual lifestyle weather they are active or merely embrace it as a moral choice. I think that the term Gay can be extended to hetrosexuals who embrace gay sex as a moral choice but i am not entirely sure
In that Catholic context, then, "same sex attracted" will be a more useful term than "gay".

I've never heard "gay" used to describe heterosexuals, however, regardless of their moral beliefs. If the term "Ally" is unsatisfactory, perhaps introduce a new term. Calling a heterosexual person "gay" is going to be very confusing to listeners.

Upvote 0

Uber Genius

"Super Genius"
Aug 13, 2016
Kentucky
✟56,826.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian

We treat people with love and care that represents Jesus.

If we struggle with SSA we can get some counceling to deal with the feelings of SSA.

I support people who have various addictions and various false beliefs. I do not support the behavior that has led them to addiction, but that is not who they are.

So you may have some work to do to determine how Jesus loves people struggling with SSA without Jesus encouraging to live out their false beliefs.

We don't attack or engage their "Gay" agneda per se, but we can befriend them, and help them move, or buy them a beer, or invite them to watch a movie.

We don't try and change their beliefs or behavior. Jesus and the HS do this.

Once they are Christians and ask us for help we can share the research and the journey that God has taken us on towards healing and wholeness.

Upvote 0

Phil 1:21

Apr 3, 2017
United States
✟144,842.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Yes.

No.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums