timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟299,620.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I was a in a dream with a handful of people and there's one terminator with us.

Obviously, the terminator looks like Arnold Swachwarzenegger and he's friendly to us.

One of the guys in the group, asks him what was his directive. Terminator replied "to eradicate cancer from this planet".

Guy replied: "What cancer?"

Terminator: "you, you, you, and you......"

This dream kinda reminds of a passage in Revelation - "to destroy those who destroy the Earth". Made me think for a moment.

I had a possibly related dream much earlier. The machines didn't look like those in the movie. They killed lots of people but left a few alive and unharmed mysteriously. Kinda like the Passage in Mark and Matthew where one will be taken and one left.

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟832,604.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married

Obviously, the terminator looks like Arnold Swachwarzenegger and he's friendly to us.

One of the guys in the group, asks him what was his directive. Terminator replied "to eradicate cancer from this planet".

This dream kinda reminds of a passage in Revelation - "to destroy those who destroy the Earth". Made me think for a moment.

I had a possibly related dream much earlier. The machines didn't look like those in the movie. They killed lots of people but left a few alive and unharmed mysteriously. Kinda like the Passage in Mark and Matthew where one will be taken and one left.
Sigmund Freud wrote the most well known book on dream interpretation. Problem was that we was an atheist so I can guess where his dream interpretations come from.

"Visualisation" practiced by many Christian groups is a form of the occult, and that was a major reason why God was very strict about graven images to represent Him or Christ.

The desire to have a visual representation was behind the Jews demanding a sign from Jesus to prove that He was the Messiah. They wanted something visual that they could see before they would believe in Him.

But the Lord's attitude is "blessed are they who have not seen and believed."

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟299,620.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Sigmund Freud wrote the most well known book on dream interpretation. Problem was that we was an atheist so I can guess where his dream interpretations come from.

"Visualisation" practiced by many Christian groups is a form of the occult, and that was a major reason why God was very strict about graven images to represent Him or Christ.

The desire to have a visual representation was behind the Jews demanding a sign from Jesus to prove that He was the Messiah. They wanted something visual that they could see before they would believe in Him.

But the Lord's attitude is "blessed are they who have not seen and believed."

I think the dream is simply about this verse:

Revelation 11:18
The nations were angry, and Your wrath has come, And the time of the dead, that they should be judged, And that You should reward Your servants the prophets and the saints, And those who fear Your name, small and great, And should destroy those who destroy the earth.

CANCER

An "organism" that would mindlessly exploit its host for resources unsustainably until the host and itself is dead.

That's what we are, the Terminator in my dream is telling the truth.

Upvote 0

basilbear76

May 25, 2019
Phoenix, AZ
✟9,296.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private

In the 4000 years of human history contained between the two covers of the Bible, only about a dozen have any spiritual significance.

What does this suggest about your dreams?

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟832,604.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
I think the dream is simply about this verse:

Revelation 11:18
The nations were angry, and Your wrath has come, And the time of the dead, that they should be judged, And that You should reward Your servants the prophets and the saints, And those who fear Your name, small and great, And should destroy those who destroy the earth.

CANCER

An "organism" that would mindlessly exploit its host for resources unsustainably until the host and itself is dead.

That's what we are, the Terminator in my dream is telling the truth.
I don't think that it is consistent with God's ways to inspire a dream from a secular movies written by atheists to depict an imaginary world where there is no God, Jesus, or Christian believers.

Upvote 0

Jonathan Walkerin

Feb 12, 2019
Stockholm
✟72,396.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

You can fit everything you see, hear or dream to something in the Bible. This does not make it a sign of anything apart from apophenia. It is worth being aware of this before going mentally bonkers.

Apophenia - Wikipedia

I don't think that it is consistent with God's ways to inspire a dream from a secular movies written by atheists

How do you figure some movie writer is an atheist ?

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟832,604.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
You can fit everything you see, hear or dream to something in the Bible. This does not make it a sign of anything apart from apophenia. It is worth being aware of this before going mentally bonkers.

Apophenia - Wikipedia

How do you figure some movie writer is an atheist ?
That's not my main point. It is that I don't believe that the dream or the interpretation is from God in any way. It comes from either the world, flesh or the devil. Take your own choice.

Upvote 0

Mayflower1

Hello my Name is "Child of the One True King"
Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2005
Heaven of course!
✟117,723.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I stopped trying to interpret my dreams. Just because the more I googled symbols and tried to figure it out, the more confused I got, and God is not the author of confusion. But now I pray if there is anything God wants me to learn from my dreams, to show me. Because our greatest aim as Christians are to grow closer to God and tell others about Him. So if it edified me or others in Christ, it is worth sharing I think. But I don't claim a dream is from God anymore, because sometimes I think it is just the mind sorting things out. It doesnt mean God can't teach us things from our dreams as long as it matches up with God's Word. God's Word trumps any lessons from dreams. But yeh life lessons from dreams...Christ always taught through parables, so if you can learn from Terminator and it reminds you of a story from the Bible, I am very glad it gets you into the Word of God.

Because basically Jesus did say, "I'll be back." Hehe I just wanted to say that. :D

Upvote 0