Michigan
✟13,465.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
No, only a fragment of it, unfortunately.
Yeah, I tend not to rely on the parts that focuses purely on emotions. They tend to distort higher functions. Whereas you blindly follow a book for no reason other than people in authority told you it was correct. Oh, and that God loves you, except when he doesn't. At which point he sends you to a furnace to suffer for all eternity.

Upvote 0

ReverendDG

Defeater of Dad and AV1611VET
Sep 3, 2006
✟10,901.00
Faith
Pantheist
Politics
US-Others
Every human being is evil without Christ. Even we who have our salvation will struggle with sin periodically.

I have an obligation to speak out for Christ, and to tell you how much you need Him. He loves you, even where you are in life--even at our very worst--and He calls you to come to Him to be made right.

There is a solution to that evil within...a man named Jesus.
this isn't remotely "speaking out" for anyone. you are speaking for yourself no-one else
if god is as personal as you claim he is, he doesn't need you to speak for him, he can speak to each of us
at least thats what christians claim, do you not agree with this now?

Upvote 0

EnemyPartyII

Sep 12, 2006
✟20,084.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
No, only a fragment of it, unfortunately.
say, did you ever answer my question about why the man/woman Eden model is the only acceptible marriage plan, but the brother/sister Eden model isn't the only acceptible marriage plan?

Upvote 0

ReverendDG

Defeater of Dad and AV1611VET
Sep 3, 2006
✟10,901.00
Faith
Pantheist
Politics
US-Others
Absolutely, it does for many! Jesus does offer amazing fire insurance!
hell is a lie, made up to scare people into paying the corrupt priests during the middle-ages.
every instance they speak of "hell" is wrongly mistranslated or misunderstood.

Upvote 0
S

Steezie

Oh, the faithless designation?
The little symbol that says PAGAN when you mouse over it, for me. We all have little faith indicators (Well, most of us) mouse over them and ittl tell you what faith/denomination we are.

Looks aren't everything. Jesus looks on the heart. There are some seriously perilous heart conditions aboard this thread.
Shes 19, I seriously doubt shes in danger of CHF :D

But she seems level-headed, collected, intelligent, funny. I've seen numerous posts shes done and I think she'll make her future husband very happy. Obviously someone besides people here finds her attractive mentally and physically.

He does. He needs all His kids to speak of His salvation offer.
Wait wait wait, God needs YOU to speak for him? **Snort**

Upvote 0

Caitlin.ann

Site Supporter
Jan 12, 2006
Indiana
✟30,277.00
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Shes 19, I seriously doubt shes in danger of CHF :D

But she seems level-headed, collected, intelligent, funny. I've seen numerous posts shes done and I think she'll make her future husband very happy. Obviously someone besides people here finds her attractive mentally and physically.

Aww, thanks again! Your compliments have made my night. Lol, and Nick (fiance) is really happy with me, most times. Lol, thanks so much. You seem great yourself. :D

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Eudaimonist

I believe in life before death!
Jan 1, 2003
American resident of Sweden
Visit site
✟119,206.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
Try a thought experiment, and be honest with yourself. Imagine receiving oral sex from your wife/girlfriend. Now, if you closed your eyes during the act and it was actually a man performing the oral sex and you didn't know it would you still feel that sense of nausea? Of course not, you would enjoy it.

I agree. However, if I knew it, I would feel that nausea. I think that's kinda the point!

I definitely felt that nausea when I saw "that scene" in The Crying Game, and I'll admit I only felt it after "the secret" was revealed. Did you notice how the guy in the movie who had also discovered that secret was vomiting afterwards? That would have been me too in that situation.

(I'd like to be very clear at this point that I don't think that homosexuality is immoral, and I have had good friends who are homosexual. I think that homosexuals are great.)

It's all in your head :)

Well, of course it is! Where else would it be? What else would it have to do with? Sexuality is in one's head. I'm not suggesting otherwise.

I'm saying that, as far as I can tell, this feeling seems naturally connected with my heterosexuality. And I never chose to be heterosexual.

eudaimonia,

Mark

Upvote 0

EnemyPartyII

Sep 12, 2006
✟20,084.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
hell is a lie, made up to scare people into paying the corrupt priests during the middle-ages.
every instance they speak of "hell" is wrongly mistranslated or misunderstood.
The older I get, and the more I meditate on Jesus' ministry, the more convinced I am that Hell, as threatened by the fundies, doesn't actually exist.

Purgatory, sure... I can see a loving, just God condemning souls to purgatory to atone, but Hell? For eternity? And this is a God that LOVES us? Nahh...

Upvote 0

Caitlin.ann

Site Supporter
Jan 12, 2006
Indiana
✟30,277.00
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Well, I typed it up before Steezie posted, but I see no reason why it can't apply to him as well.

Lol, just wondering.

Fiance, well aren't you the lucky one. I hope everything goes well between you two.

And thank you very much, I appreciate that. :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

IzzyPop

I wear my sunglasses at night...
Jun 2, 2007
✟22,709.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Of course not. You are blind to him, but the tragedy is that you worship him and are unaware of it.
Huh? How can you worship something and be unaware of it? The whole point of worship it to actively pay homage to something. That would be like cleaning out your car and you not not realizing that was what you were doing. Seriously, try a dictionary or something.

Upvote 0

NPH

Jul 25, 2005
✟6,871.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
I am never starting a thread on homosexuality again. Slap me if I do.

It was fun for awhile, talking about what oils our gears and all and how it is different for so many. It was inevitable of course that someone who can't even stand the thought of sex being spoken about above a hushed whisper would wander in.

Reactions: Brieuse
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.