levi501

Senior Veteran
Apr 19, 2004
✟19,690.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
There's a big difference, though. You aren't one of the girls having homosexual sex. You are a third party. Why would you react the same way to the thought of indulging in homosexual sex yourself?
In the part you didn't quote I mentioned in my experience girls shared this same bias... meaning they found two guys together more disgusting then two girls.

BTW, I don't see any connection to "being taught/socialized to think of homosexual sex as disgusting and effeminate" and my feelings of nausea. In fact, I was hardly socialized against homosexuality at all. The nausea seems for all the world to me like a purely natural and "unprogrammed" reaction. I could be mistaken, of course.
Then this might be a philosophic difference you and I have as I believe everything is entirely caused by our environment and genetics.

Men are anything but normalized to the idea of homosexual acts in our culture. In fact we're indoctrinated with an entirely opposite view, often vulgar in its depiction. Imagine growing up in a society where safe sexual exploration and stimulation was encouraged. Where labels weren't applied to those who engaged in various acts. Do you think you'd look at two men engaging in sexual concorse with the same nausea as you do now?

Upvote 0

JadeTigress

Aug 15, 2006
Herrin, IL
✟9,414.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Libertarian
In the part you didn't quote I mentioned in my experience girls shared this same bias... meaning they found two guys together more disgusting then two girls.

I'm a girl, and I don't find two guys together to be more disgusting than two girls. In fact...I don't find either scenario to be disgusting.

Upvote 0

Site Supporter
May 26, 2004
Cape Breton
✟740,518.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I'm a girl, and I don't find two guys together to be more disgusting than two girls. In fact...I don't find either scenario to be disgusting.
What if it was Hillary Clinton and Ann Coulter?

Now that's a scene from hell.

Upvote 0

Domenico

Sacrifice to the Gods of Speed
Jun 10, 2007
Dunedin, New Zealand
✟16,512.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Greens

You've never met slash fanfiction, have you?

In a quick staw poll of the women in my livingroom (six of them, planning a hens night... scary stuff) When I asked them "Do you find the idea of attractive men having sex with each other hot?" Five responded with "Yes," and one responded with "Yes, but only if I get to watch."

Upvote 0

JadeTigress

Aug 15, 2006
Herrin, IL
✟9,414.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Libertarian

Agreed. But as we're talking about man-man sex and woman-woman sex, where exactly do those two fit in?

Reactions: Domenico
Upvote 0

Mling

Knight of the Woeful Countenance (in training)
Jun 19, 2006
Here and there.
✟9,635.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I can think of two times I've heard or read a straight man's experience having sex with men.

In the first case, the guy happened to know a man who performed oral sex better than any woman he had met, and he just went to get...serviced a few times a year.

The second guy really liked receiving anal sex, and his girl-friend complied (using toys) but wasn't very enthusiastic about it. He wanted his partner to enjoy it also, so he slept with a gay friend (which turned out to be a bad move, and left him a bit traumatized)

So, there are two possible reasons.

edit: a few pages ago, somebody, I can't remember who, suggested that sex where one person is "active" and the other "passive" is rape. I haven't seen this responded to, so I'll point it out here: the terms don't refer to the level of one's involvement or energy. Whoever is penetrated is the "passive" partner; whoever is doing the penetrating is "active."

Upvote 0

Mling

Jun 19, 2006
Here and there.
✟9,635.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat

In a quick staw poll of the women in my livingroom (six of them, planning a hens night... scary stuff) When I asked them "Do you find the idea of attractive men having sex with each other hot?" Five responded with "Yes," and one responded with "Yes, but only if I get to watch."

I'm a homosexual woman, and I think two guys together are hot.

Upvote 0

Ramona

If you can't see my siggy, I've disappeared ;)
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2006
Visit site
✟55,932.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married

More like a scene from this:

Godzilla_vs_King_Kong.jpg

Upvote 0

JadeTigress

Aug 15, 2006
Herrin, IL
✟9,414.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Libertarian

Well, now we know what they're gonna do on their night out...perhaps I could join them? :p

Upvote 0

Domenico

Sacrifice to the Gods of Speed
Jun 10, 2007
Dunedin, New Zealand
✟16,512.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Greens
Well, now we know what they're gonna do on their night out...perhaps I could join them? :p
If its anything like what they do around here, theyre gonna drink cheap wine and complain about men.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JadeTigress

Aug 15, 2006
Herrin, IL
✟9,414.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Libertarian
If its anything like what they do around here, theyre gonna drink cheap wine and complain about men.

lol, I think I'll pass, then. I'll just go download some gay man inappropriate content and have my own night in. :D

Upvote 0

NPH

Jul 25, 2005
✟6,871.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single

You'd be surprised to find that women will share how they really feel more readily with gay/bi men than with straight men :) I've literally had female friends who would tell a group of straight men during a discussion about homosexuality that they find it 'gross', and then later watch gay inappropriate content with me and talk (and physically act) about how 'hot' it was getting them lol.

Upvote 0

NPH

Jul 25, 2005
✟6,871.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
I'm a homosexual woman, and I think two guys together are hot.

I'm a bisexual man and I think two guys or two girls together are hot :) For some reason though, I don't find a guy and girl together to be all that stimulating. Different strokes makes the world an interesting place, neh?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

PassionFruit

I woke up like dis
May 18, 2007
In the valley of the wind
✟20,550.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Democrat
Well this discussion took a turn. :p

I don't know, I think it depends how well the sex scenes are done. I've read Anne Rice novels that are homoerotic and I didn't find it disgusting. I don't know, I really think it depends.

Upvote 0

Mling

Jun 19, 2006
Here and there.
✟9,635.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Well this discussion took a turn. :p

I don't know, I think it depends how well the sex scenes are done. I've read Anne Rice novels that are homoerotic and I didn't find it disgusting. I don't know, I really think it depends.

Yeah, that's a good point. I find most visual inappropriate content to be either gross or boring, even if I would have liked a decent written description of it.

Upvote 0

Caitlin.ann

Site Supporter
Jan 12, 2006
Indiana
✟30,277.00
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
I don't get it. Last time I looked, this was called Christianforums. But the speech here is utterly filthy and reveals nothing godly or Christian about any of you.

Why don't you join up with those of the same ilk as yourselves in a homosexual board, or more appropriately: an atheist board?

Disgusting.

Because you're the ONLY true Christian around? We are in the open discussion area, and I don't see us invading the "Christian only" areas with our "filth", so I don't see the point in getting all bent out of shape. I like women AND men..woot!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.