Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2002
Singapore
✟35,969.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Adam smiled as he looked at his beautiful wife, Eve.

What a treasure she was to him, a companion of companion. He could still remember how inadequate he felt when every animal was there but God had not yet created Eve. Eve was the best gift God had given to him. Eve was everything to him, Eve made him feel complete. Now, he had the most wonderful of helper to help him manage this garden which God had put him in.

"Honey, what are you thinking?" Eve asked as she handed a bunch of grapes to Adam.
"Of you, sweetie." Adam smiled. Grapes! Just the kind of fruits he like. Tasty, mouth-watering, simply wonderful! Is there ever an end to God's goodness?

Life was a bliss for them. Adam was glad that Eve and himself never listened to the serpent. They never took of the fruit of tree of knowledge of good and evil, and therefore, did not bring about the death if God spoke of. It was a close shave, though. Both Adam and Eve were very tempted to taste the fruit that would make them like God. It was a very close shave, indeed.

"I was wondering, if we had took of the fruit God had forbidden us to, what would have happened?" Eve asked, as if she could read Adam's mind.

"Don't think of such things. Nothing good comes out of disobedience towards God and everything good comes out of obedience towards him." Adam replied, as he looked in contentment at his wife.

"You are right, my darling."Eve smiled.

For Adam and Eve, life is a bliss and a paradise. And that is because they choose to obey God above all else.

hedrick

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Feb 8, 2009
New Jersey
✟1,148,608.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
Alternate history fiction? It would be interesting to follow that up with a vision of what history would have looked like. And then ask: Why didn't God arrange for it to happen that way?

[Of course many (most?) in this forum don't think there was a literal Adam and Eve, but the question still makes sense.]

Upvote 0

Anto9us

Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2013
Texas
✟95,745.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
C S Lewis wrote PERELANDRA, and the setting was Venus -- where the "Adam and Eve" of that planet had not yet fallen, but the Devil (not a snake but more or less human) -- was talking to the "Eve" all day and all night and tempting her.

The hero, Ransom, had come from earth by rocket ship -- and was trying to counter everything that the "devil" of that world was telling the Eve -- day after day. Lewis was very imaginative.

Upvote 0

Apex

Radical Centrist & Ethicist
Jan 1, 2017
the South
✟47,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Alternate history fiction? It would be interesting to follow that up with a vision of what history would have looked like. And then ask: Why didn't God arrange for it to happen that way?

[Of course many (most?) in this forum don't think there was a literal Adam and Eve, but the question still makes sense.]

I believe in a literal Adam and Eve. I have a feeling they acted like the couple on the Blue Lagoon (The Blue Lagoon (1980) - IMDb). ;)

Upvote 0

Anto9us

Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2013
Texas
✟95,745.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
If I was sure Adam and Eve were literal, I am trying to think of any way that would change my Faith -- but I can't think of anything. I honestly do not know whether it's literal or allegorical.
Whether they are allegorical or literal makes little difference to me.

Upvote 0

Apex

Radical Centrist & Ethicist
Jan 1, 2017
the South
✟47,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If I was sure Adam and Eve were literal, I am trying to think of any way that would change my Faith -- but I can't think of anything. I honestly do not know whether it's literal or allegorical.
Whether they are allegorical or literal makes little difference to me.

It would affect how you understand original sin probably.

Upvote 0