USA
✟267,597.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Warning to those who love treating The Bible like man's philosophy with many traditions and such. I'm not going to waste this arguing with those.

The Babylon Harlot idea is taught to be many things, most often having very little to do with what God's Word as written reveals about it. I will be as brief as possible of what Scripture points to about the Babylon harlot of Revelation.

God Uses The Harlot Symbol For a City:
Firstly, read the Ezekiel 16 Chapter if you want to really... understand how God feels about the city of Jerusalem. The actual first time in The Bible where Jerusalem is called a 'harlot' is in Isaiah 1:21. And our Heavenly Father is Who called Jerusalem a harlot there, because of falling into false worship. It's the same in Ezekiel 16 too. God even used the harlot symbol in the spiritual sense upon His people when they rebelled against Him.

Thus the 'harlot' symbol is a pretty important symbol used in God's Word to get His point across. No pastor should be embarrassed by bringing it up in teaching those Scriptures where it is used.

Revelation 11 and Revelation 17 are 'key' Bible chapters for understanding just who the Babylon Harlot represents.

1. In Revelation 17:1-2, the harlot is associated with the kings of the earth and fornication with them (spiritual sense), and that she sits upon 'many waters'. In the later Revelation 17:15 verse, Jesus defines those 'waters' to mean "peoples, and multitudes, and nations, and tongues", kind of pointing to being over the whole earth.

2. The symbolic woman (i.e., harlot) in Revelation 17:3 is shown sitting atop a scarlet colored beast having seven heads, and ten horns. The "seven heads" are later defined to be "seven mountains", and the "ten horns" are later defined to mean "ten kings". So this is pointing to a system, a kingdom beast. It is the same beast kingdom defined in Revelation 13:1 that is to have ten horns, seven heads, and ten crowns. The scarlet color represents royalty. Thus she symbolically is a queen harlot, for even in Revelation 18:7 she says in her heart, "I sit a queen, and am no widow,...". Now let's go a bit farther in what that points to...

3. If the woman harlot of Revelation 17 sits upon a scarlet colored beast, pointing to a kingdom beast, and she says in her heart, "I sit a queen, and am no widow", what is that Biblically pointing to? Did you know in Lamentation 1:1, which was written about the destruction of Jerusalem, that Jerusalem was said to have become a 'widow'? Yet in Revelation, the Babylon harlot says she is no widow, and sits a queen. That can mean only one thing, she is married to a king. By that God has given us parable that contains a whole lot more info about the Babylon harlot identity.

4. Now I assume you read Ezekiel 16 where God Himself compared the city of Jerusalem to a harlot in dire straights, Jebus being the old pagan name for Jerusalem, and He cleansed her, dressed her in fine jewels and clothing, and then spread His skirt over her (meaning marriage), and all that of course in the spiritual sense, so don't go getting excited. Then she rebelled against Him, and went after her lovers by playing the harlot.

5. In Revelation 11:8, Jerusalem, where our Lord Jesus was crucified, is called the "great city", and also spiritually as Sodom and Egypt (back to Ezekiel 16 comparisons about Jerusalem). In the Book of Revelation, the Babylon harlot is called the "great city"...

Rev 17:18
18 And the woman which thou sawest is that great city, which reigneth over the kings of the earth.

KJV

That means one cannot... say the Babylon harlot is the deceived Christian Church, nor a pope, nor any man, but only... a city compared with Scripture. And I already showed the relevant Scripture comparisons like Ezekiel 16, Revelation 18 and Lamentations 1, and Revelation 11 with where Lord Jesus was crucified.

6. The phrase "great city" is cited 10 times in Revelation, and the first 9 areas of Scripture is linked to the Babylon harlot idea. Only in the very last "great city" example of Revelation 21:10 is it used to point to Holy Jerusalem coming down from God out of Heaven.

Conclusion:
The Babylon harlot of Revelation is about Jerusalem for the end fallen into idol worship. God married Jerusalem, and He has thus chosen Jerusalem for to dwell forever. But for the very end of this world, prior to Christ's return, Satan is going to marry the Jerusalem on earth, thus she will become the harlot that says she sits a queen, and am no widow, having married a king, but to the wrong one! Use of the name Babylon points back to the original beginning of idol worship.

Last edited:

Context1

Oct 24, 2021
Singapore
✟45,556.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Warning to those who love treating The Bible like man's philosophy with many traditions and such. I'm not going to waste this arguing with those.

The Babylon Harlot

Conclusion:
The Babylon harlot of Revelation is about Jerusalem for the end fallen into idol worship. God married Jerusalem, and He has thus chosen Jerusalem for to dwell forever. But for the very end of this world, prior to Christ's return, Satan is going to marry the Jerusalem on earth, thus she will become the harlot that says she sits a queen, and am no widow, having married a king, but the wrong one! Use of the name Babylon points back to the original beginning of idol worship.

(Enlightened by the Holy Spirit, our Divine Teacher)
Brother in love, I prayerfully DISAGREED with you. Ancient Babylon is a World Super Military Power Empire during time of Prophet Daniel. Therefore Babylon Harlot of the Last Days in the Book of Revelation is describing AMERICA, a World Super Military Empire in the LAST DAYS. America was founded as a Christian Nation and had forsaken God and was called a Harlot. (Glory to God the Highest to His Amazing Grace!)

• Informative
Reactions: Brian Mcnamee
Upvote 0

Context1

Oct 24, 2021
Singapore
✟45,556.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
  1. Revelation 18:24
    And in her was found the blood of prophets, and of saints, and of all that were slain upon the earth.
Many TRUE Christians and messianic Jews (followers of Lord, Jesus Christ) WILL be killed in AMERICA in the LAST DAYS (This killing of Christians event in America is NOT yet fully happened, only happens in the LAST DAYS)

Upvote 0

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟916,702.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Babylon is burned by fire yet Jerusalem remains and is inhabited through the Millennium. While Jerusalem is called Egypt and Sodom, that is only during the occupation of it by the antichrist for the Great Tribulation. Babylon is a different city, and not a literal city but symbolism for those deceived into a false religion led by a false god.

Upvote 0

FutureAndAHope

Just me
Site Supporter
Aug 30, 2008
Australia
Visit site
✟735,652.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There are two points that make me think, one is the kingdom is rich, and all people trading with it. The second is it spills the blood of the saints. I can't think of any one nation that fits that description today at this time. If it was speaking of only riches, I could think of Western Nations, but then the spilling of the blood of the saints does not apply. If I think of the Muslim nations, I could say they have spilled a lot of the blood of the saints, but they are not rich. Maybe this is a future kingdom and time.

Rev 18:1 After these things I saw another angel coming down from heaven, having great authority, and the earth was illuminated with his glory. And he cried mightily with a loud voice, saying, "Babylon the great is fallen, is fallen, and has become a dwelling place of demons, a prison for every foul spirit, and a cage for every unclean and hated bird! For all the nations have drunk of the wine of the wrath of her fornication, the kings of the earth have committed fornication with her, and the merchants of the earth have become rich through the abundance of her luxury." And I heard another voice from heaven saying, "Come out of her, my people, lest you share in her sins, and lest you receive of her plagues. For her sins have reached to heaven, and God has remembered her iniquities. Render to her just as she rendered to you, and repay her double according to her works; in the cup which she has mixed, mix double for her. In the measure that she glorified herself and lived luxuriously, in the same measure give her torment and sorrow; for she says in her heart, 'I sit as queen, and am no widow, and will not see sorrow.' Therefore her plagues will come in one day—death and mourning and famine. And she will be utterly burned with fire, for strong is the Lord God who judges her. "The kings of the earth who committed fornication and lived luxuriously with her will weep and lament for her, when they see the smoke of her burning, standing at a distance for fear of her torment, saying, 'Alas, alas, that great city Babylon, that mighty city! For in one hour your judgment has come.' "And the merchants of the earth will weep and mourn over her, for no one buys their merchandise anymore: merchandise of gold and silver, precious stones and pearls, fine linen and purple, silk and scarlet, every kind of citron wood, every kind of object of ivory, every kind of object of most precious wood, bronze, iron, and marble; and cinnamon and incense, fragrant oil and frankincense, wine and oil, fine flour and wheat, cattle and sheep, horses and chariots, and bodies and souls of men. The fruit that your soul longed for has gone from you, and all the things which are rich and splendid have gone from you, and you shall find them no more at all. The merchants of these things, who became rich by her, will stand at a distance for fear of her torment, weeping and wailing, and saying, 'Alas, alas, that great city that was clothed in fine linen, purple, and scarlet, and adorned with gold and precious stones and pearls! For in one hour such great riches came to nothing.' Every shipmaster, all who travel by ship, sailors, and as many as trade on the sea, stood at a distance and cried out when they saw the smoke of her burning, saying, 'What is like this great city?' "They threw dust on their heads and cried out, weeping and wailing, and saying, 'Alas, alas, that great city, in which all who had ships on the sea became rich by her wealth! For in one hour she is made desolate.' "Rejoice over her, O heaven, and you holy apostles and prophets, for God has avenged you on her!" Then a mighty angel took up a stone like a great millstone and threw it into the sea, saying, "Thus with violence the great city Babylon shall be thrown down, and shall not be found anymore. The sound of harpists, musicians, flutists, and trumpeters shall not be heard in you anymore. No craftsman of any craft shall be found in you anymore, and the sound of a millstone shall not be heard in you anymore. The light of a lamp shall not shine in you anymore, and the voice of bridegroom and bride shall not be heard in you anymore. For your merchants were the great men of the earth, for by your sorcery all the nations were deceived. And in her was found the blood of prophets and saints, and of all who were slain on the earth."​

• Informative
Reactions: Brian Mcnamee
Upvote 0

Chris35

May 27, 2018
Melbourne
✟55,954.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Its the whole world, its all apart of babylon

Jesus said, “My kingdom is not of this world. If it were, my servants would fight.

Kingdom of God, or the kingdom of babylon.

Babylon being referred to spiritually the ways against God, which all nations have drunk of and follow rather then the kingdom of God.

Which is this...
32All the believers were one in heart and mind. No one claimed that any of their possessions was their own, but they shared everything they had. 33With great power the apostles continued to testify to the resurrection of the Lord Jesus. And God’s grace was so powerfully at work in them all 34that there were no needy persons among them. For from time to time those who owned land or houses sold them, brought the money from the sales 35and put it at the apostles’ feet, and it was distributed to anyone who had need.

Luxury of the earth referring to every resource on earth, which is given by God to us, to be shared and given freely to anyone who needs.

The merchants have become rich off it, because they follow spiritually the ways of babylon, which is ownership, and selling for profit, which again every merchant and nation is apart of.

At the core, all nations are built on babylon, rather then the kingdom of God.

Last edited:
Reactions: ewq1938
Upvote 0

Eloy Craft

Myth only points, Truth happened!
Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2018
Chandler
✟386,808.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
She claims that the produce of the womb is hers alone.
Like Eve said in her heart.

Rev18-7
How much she hath glorified herself, and lived deliciously, so much torment and sorrow give her: for she saith in her heart, I sit a queen, and am no widow, and shall see no sorrow.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Skye1300

Vegan Pro life Mom
Mar 19, 2022
West Coast USA
✟47,054.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I believe the great Harlot is the sexual revolution, abortion and homosexuality, LGBQ movement. It has spread to many countries now, and who knows how many saints have been killed through abortion. It sits on many waters because many countries subscribe to that belief now. Look at how monkeypox has spread all over the world through homosexual contact. That shows you how widespread the idea is in all countries and all countries allow abortions now. Abortions are a product of the sexual revolution and loose sexuality that's so common today.

Upvote 0

Davy

Site Supporter
Nov 25, 2017
USA
✟267,597.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
(Enlightened by the Holy Spirit, our Divine Teacher)
Brother in love, I prayerfully DISAGREED with you. Ancient Babylon is a World Super Military Power Empire during time of Prophet Daniel. Therefore Babylon Harlot of the Last Days in the Book of Revelation is describing AMERICA, a World Super Military Empire in the LAST DAYS. America was founded as a Christian Nation and had forsaken God and was called a Harlot. (Glory to God the Highest to His Amazing Grace!)

Afraid not. Per God's Word, the Babylon Harlot is about Jerusalem in the end, for the tribulation time in our near future when the false-Messiah comes to power there. Jerusalem is where ground zero headquarters for the one-world beast kingdom will be. This is why the Scriptures in Revelation point to it.

So it's obvious that you failed the assignment, to first read Ezekiel 16 where God called Jerusalem a harlot.

Upvote 0

Davy

Site Supporter
Nov 25, 2017
USA
✟267,597.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
  1. Revelation 18:24
    And in her was found the blood of prophets, and of saints, and of all that were slain upon the earth.
Many TRUE Christians and messianic Jews (followers of Lord, Jesus Christ) WILL be killed in AMERICA in the LAST DAYS (This killing of Christians event in America is NOT yet fully happened, only happens in the LAST DAYS)

You are listening to Communist propaganda. America is NOT the Babylon harlot of Revelation. Trying to point to anywhere else than Jerusalem shows either Biblical illiteracy, or following an agenda of men.

Upvote 0

Davy

Site Supporter
Nov 25, 2017
USA
✟267,597.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Babylon is burned by fire yet Jerusalem remains and is inhabited through the Millennium. While Jerusalem is called Egypt and Sodom, that is only during the occupation of it by the antichrist for the Great Tribulation. Babylon is a different city, and not a literal city but symbolism for those deceived into a false religion led by a false god.

That part you said that I put in red is the KEY.

The Babylon harlot as a SYMBOL only applies to Jerusalem in a FALLEN WORSHIP state when the coming pseudo-Christ is setup there as God, demanding all to worship him as God per 2 Thessalonians 2:3-4. That is what Apostle Paul's "strong delusion" is actually about, and is for the time of "great tribulation".

And per Revelation 21, with the new Jerusalem coming down from God out of Heaven, that is the REAL Jerusalem, God's Jerusalem. So I wouldn't go putting faith in the earthly city of Jerusalem of this world. The great valley to be formed in that area when Jesus' feet touch down upon the Mount of Olives will take care of that area when He comes (Zechariah 14).

• Haha
Reactions: Chris35
Upvote 0

Davy

Site Supporter
Nov 25, 2017
USA
✟267,597.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
There are two points that make me think, one is the kingdom is rich, and all people trading with it. The second is it spills the blood of the saints. I can't think of any one nation that fits that description today at this time. If it was speaking of only riches, I could think of Western Nations, but then the spilling of the blood of the saints does not apply. If I think of the Muslim nations, I could say they have spilled a lot of the blood of the saints, but they are not rich. Maybe this is a future kingdom and time.

Many keep trying to compare Revelation 18 about the Babylon harlot to wealthy nations of today, when today that harlot is not yet manifested.

The Babylon harlot is for the time of the very end, when the final one-world beast is completed and setup over ALL nations and peoples. Now this point is not easily missed in The New Testament, simply because we are shown for the end about the beast kingdom of ten horns, seven heads, and ten crowns, and a 2nd beast that represents a beast king over it that is to set himself up as God, and over all that is called God, or that is worshiped (Revelation 13; 2 Thessalonians 2; Matthew 24:23-26; Revelation 17).

In the Ezekiel 28 parable which uses the flesh king and prince of Tyrus (rock) as types for Satan, God is pointing to Satan whom He created as an anointed cherub that covereth that was at God's Throne. The idea there of his gotten riches, silver and gold and treasure, and iniquity of traffick, is an included trait pointing to Satan's original rebellion of old in wanting to be God. This point is also covered in Daniel 8 about the "king of fierce countenance" for the latter days who is to destroy many using peace (i.e., world peace), and cause CRAFT to prosper by his hand.

That God would use the prince and king of Tyrus as types for Satan is more than a coincidence, since the old island rock of Tyre was at one time back in history a citadel for world commerce. It had double walls of around 150 feet tall. It could not be conquered from the sea. Alexander the Great conquered it by moving loads of dirt out to it from the land side, building a land-bridge to access it. Thus world commerce is a major point with Satan's old rebellion too, and that is why the Revelation 13:1 one-world beast kingdom is compared to the Revelation 12:3-4 one-world beast kingdom that he originally rebelled with when he drew a third of the stars (angels) into rebellion with him.

And even in Deuteronomy 32:31, Satan is called the little "rock" there compared to God our "Rock". Tyrus means 'rock'. So really, God has given us all kinds of pointers to these things about Satan, but many brethren simply are behind in their Bible study. And we can forget about studying these things in most of today's Churches, because not that many Church leaders are even studied enough about this in God's Word, otherwise they wouldn't make silly pointers to a pope, or to Rome, or to America, or the EU, etc. It's about Jerusalem, and Satan's attempt to place himself there in place of Christ, and proclaim himself as God, and demand all to bow to him as God and accept the mark of the beast, or to be killed.

So no one is seeing that one-world beast completed today already, because it is still in the formation stages, and won't be complete until the coming pseudo-Christ arrives on the scene, and the orthodox Jews build their next temple in Jerusalem and start up old covenant worship again.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Davy

Site Supporter
Nov 25, 2017
USA
✟267,597.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
the harlot is pagan Rome

Rome is no longer a pagan city. It is full of Christians. I'm a Protestant Christian, but I still do not see the Roman Catholic Church as pagan, even though they have traditions I can never agree with. It was the old Reformers that believed the pope was the Antichrist in their days, because of how the Catholic Church persecuted and killed many Protestant believers. Well, Jesus did not return to destroy a pope back then, so their theories about the pope being the Antichrist, and the Roman Church being the Babylon harlot of Revelation DID NOT PAN OUT. And because of that, I find it amazing that any Bible believer today would get sucked into those Reformation theories that were proven wrong centuries ago.

• Winner
Reactions: Skye1300
Upvote 0

Davy

Site Supporter
Nov 25, 2017
USA
✟267,597.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Its the whole world, its all apart of babylon

Jesus said, “My kingdom is not of this world. If it were, my servants would fight.

Kingdom of God, or the kingdom of babylon.

Babylon being referred to spiritually the ways against God, which all nations have drunk of and follow rather then the kingdom of God.

Which is this...
32All the believers were one in heart and mind. No one claimed that any of their possessions was their own, but they shared everything they had. 33With great power the apostles continued to testify to the resurrection of the Lord Jesus. And God’s grace was so powerfully at work in them all 34that there were no needy persons among them. For from time to time those who owned land or houses sold them, brought the money from the sales 35and put it at the apostles’ feet, and it was distributed to anyone who had need.

Luxury of the earth referring to every resource on earth, which is given by God to us, to be shared and given freely to anyone who needs.

The merchants have become rich off it, because they follow spiritually the ways of babylon, which is ownership, and selling for profit, which again every merchant and nation is apart of.

At the core, all nations are built on babylon, rather then the kingdom of God.

Getting warmer...

Once the Babylon harlot is completed, which won't be until the false-Messiah sets up Jerusalem for his own, the globalist's dream of a one-world government will be established over all nations and peoples. This is the point of the Revelation 13:1 beast of ten horns, seven heads, and ten crowns. In Revelation 13:4-8 we are shown the whole world will worship the "dragon", and he will have power over all nations and peoples for 42 months.

Ancient Babylon-Sumer was the beginning of idol worship of Bel (later Baal). It began with Sargon I who the ancient Sumerians called 'son of Bel', or son of the dragon. That pagan idol worship and philosophy continued with ancient civilizations like Egypt, Greece, Persia, Rome. And those past beast kingdoms were ensamples for the final beast system to be setup at the end of this world per Revelation.

Thus is it the ancient pagan philosophies that some are seeing still among us, even in the western Christian nations. And when less and less of God's people believe on Him and His Christ, one can see the old ways coming back like in Old Testament history when Israel fell to idols. This is why God's Word reveals that for the very end of this world, those who remain faithful waiting on Jesus to return will be a very small remnant of His servants. So the thing is, who wants to be gathered by Him when He comes, and is thus willing to make a stand against the false-Messiah-Antichrist and his beast kingdom once it is completed in our days?

• Informative
Reactions: childeye 2
Upvote 0

Davy

Site Supporter
Nov 25, 2017
USA
✟267,597.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I believe the great Harlot is the sexual revolution, abortion and homosexuality, LGBQ movement. It has spread to many countries now, and who knows how many saints have been killed through abortion. It sits on many waters because many countries subscribe to that belief now. Look at how monkeypox has spread all over the world through homosexual contact. That shows you how widespread the idea is in all countries and all countries allow abortions now. Abortions are a product of the sexual revolution and loose sexuality that's so common today.

Riot-like living is definitely a part of having left God's ways, which ancient Israel fell into many times. So we really cannot use those things to point to the timing of the Babylon harlot, even though that system is clearly being created among us. The point in Scripture is what signs and events are we shown with the establishing of the Babylon harlot. And that is what we really are to be on watch for. The ultimate sign of that is the appearance of the pseudo-Christ in Jerusalem, setting himself up as God, and the whole world believing it. We're not there just yet, so hold on to your hat.

Reactions: Skye1300
Upvote 0

Eloy Craft

Myth only points, Truth happened!
Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2018
Chandler
✟386,808.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Galatians 4

But he who was of the bondwoman was born after the flesh; but he of the freewoman was by promise.

24 Which things are an allegory: for these are the two covenants; the one from the mount Sinai, which gendereth to bondage, which is Agar.

25 For this Agar is mount Sinai in Arabia, and answereth to Jerusalem which now is, and is in bondage with her children.

26 But Jerusalem which is above is free, which is the mother of us all.

27 For it is written, Rejoice, thou barren that bearest not; break forth and cry, thou that travailest not: for the desolate hath many more children than she which hath an husband.

Jerusalem mounted Rome to end the life of Our Lord. But she is also described as Holy.

Revelation 21
And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea. And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God. ...

Upvote 0

Davy

Site Supporter
Nov 25, 2017
USA
✟267,597.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Jerusalem mounted Rome to end the life of Our Lord. But she is also described as Holy.

Revelation 21
And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea. And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God. ...

Well, if you'll notice that Scripture you posted, it is pointing to the Jerusalem that is ABOVE that is holy, not the Jerusalem of today on earth.

Upvote 0