• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Stop marginalizing the LDS members!

Discussion in 'Christian Philosophy & Ethics' started by Yennora, Jul 12, 2019 at 12:08 PM.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yennora

Yennora Buy the truth and sell it not. Pro 23:23

+307
    Australia
    Non-Denom
    Single
    I noticed many anti-LDS threads are being frequently featured. And there seem to be an agreement to team on them and criticize their beliefs heavily. I also don't like how there are not enough forums for Mormons and how they are perceived as non-Christians by some.

I have 2 Mormon friends and both of them are devout Christians. They didn't call themselves "non-Christians" so who are we to marginalize them and call them as such?

And honestly, one of the most inspirational friends and a powerful Christian role model to me was and IS an LDS.

I mean c'mon! No one said that you should agree with the LDS teachings to call them Christians! They believe in Christ and they believe he is God!

Can we stop marginalizing the LDS members please? Thank you.

And please don't reply with any sort of "justification" to such behavior against them. I'm interested in a fair environment for everyone!

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. archarios

archarios New Member

+67
    United States
    Lutheran
    Single
    I second this motion and argue that our Muslim Brothers and Sisters should be given the same consideration.

3. dzheremi

dzheremi Coptic Orthodox non-Egyptian

+6,778
    Oriental Orthodox
    Private
    What you are posting right now is actually against CF's rules and could get you into trouble. See here: CF's Rules in Regards to the LDS Church

As it says at the link, if you want to discuss this with the people who run this place, you need to open a support ticket. (Not a thread.)

4. Yennora

+307
    Australia
    Non-Denom
    Single
    You can throw that argument at any Christian denomination. It just doesn't work that way. Muslims don't follow the Bible as their primary source of divine teachings and they don't call themselves Christians.

5. devin553344

devin553344 Enlighten our lives dear Lord

+1,302
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    US-Republican
    I agree with @dzheremi LDS don't follow biblical teachings.

6. archarios

archarios New Member

+67
    United States
    Lutheran
    Single
    I'm sick and tired of our Atheist and Deist Brothers and Sisters being treated like second-class forum members. They should have just as many rights as we Christians do, but they are oppressed every day while we pretend we are going to Heaven. This must stop.

We Can Do Better.

7. Albion

Albion Facilitator

+19,826
    Anglican
    Married
    Yennora,

The forum has its rules, and the members are free to post topics for discussion. You might try weighing in to defend the beliefs of the Mormons if you disagree with any of these topics or even report posts if they include flames, etc. The fact is that there are no more threads aimed against some Mormon practice or belief than there are ones critical of other denominations or political causes.

8. Yennora

+307
    Australia
    Non-Denom
    Single
    The reason I remained in CF in the first place was its openness towards everyone!

9. dzheremi

dzheremi Coptic Orthodox non-Egyptian

+6,778
    Oriental Orthodox
    Private
    It is open to everyone. Mormons can post, argue, report posts for flaming, etc. same as anyone. What they can't do -- and what you can't do, and what none of us can do regardless of how we may feel, as per the rules that I've already linked to -- is claim that Mormons are Christians. CF doesn't allow that, and doing so can get you into trouble.

I'd suggest editing your OP considerably.

10. .Mikha'el.

.Mikha'el. Mod Queue Spam Troll Banner Extraordinaire! Staff Member Supervisor Supporter

+2,493
    Canada
    Messianic
    Single
    MOD HAT ON!

Thread closed for review!

MOD HAT OFF!

11. Grumman Tomcat

Grumman Tomcat The LORD is my Pilot Staff Member Supervisor Supporter

+5,141
    United States
    Calvinist
    Married
    US-Republican
    MOD HAT ON
    Thread Closed Permanently--It's a public complaint about CF policy.
    Faith groups and individuals that deny the full, eternal deity of Jesus Christ or His incarnation whereby He, as God, took on human flesh (becoming fully God and fully man in one person), are considered non-Christians at CF.
    CF's Rules in Regards to the LDS Church
    Any member that states or argues that Mormons are Christians, or Mormon members that claim to be Christians, may have their post(s) removed and may be subject to a staff action. If you would like to discuss this with the CF Admins or Advisors, please open a support ticket.

MOD HAT OFF

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.