Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Point is, the founding fathers weren't God and weren't infallible, so the reasoning that just because something was 'good enough for them' that means it's fine a quarter of a millennium later is flawed.
I agree. And that is the leftists' Achilles heel: They only accept perfection. And perfection is the enemy of excellence.

David was a man after Gods own heart. He was also a murderer and adulterer.

Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Never. I've also never been in an auto accident, but I still wear a seat belt. And depending on the environment I'm walking/driving in, both can significantly improve peace of mind.

It's also why one of my cars is a beater (body wise). I'm not afraid to be hit by another car or be forced to plow through something to prevent me from being pulled out of a stopped car, unarmed. I'm more likely to stop if I'm driving my sports car. But at least it does have a gun in the door panel that I've never had to use and I probably never will.

But I have a feeling this summer will be a good time to stay out of many urban areas, even in some parts of Europe. The world's economy has been destroyed (the impact will be felt more and more every month). The weather will be nice. People will be frustrated. They're already acting out in some parts of Europe. And the weather is warming up stateside.
I'm sorry you live in such a dangerous world.

Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟493,575.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟888,644.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Dems have full control of 2 of the 3 branches. If Biden packs the court this is very likely to be enacted. That's the concern. In 2019 it had zero chance...now it's got quite a good chance.

He’s already given perverts and pedofiles permission to enter any restroom they want it wouldn’t surprise me at all if he plans to disarm all the law abiding citizens.

• Agree
Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0

Erik Nelson

Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2017
Utah
✟347,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
(1) REQUIRED INFORMATION.—Under the firearm registration system, the owner of a firearm shall transmit to the Bureau—

“(A) the make, model, and serial number of the firearm, the identity of the owner of the firearm, the date the firearm was acquired by the owner, and where the firearm is or will be stored

-------

(B) ACCESS.—The Attorney General shall make the contents of the database accessible to all members of the public, all Federal, State, and local law enforcement authorities, all branches of the United States Armed Forces, and all State and local governments, as defined by the Bureau.

I suppose that gives thieves options. They know exactly which firearms are present, and where they are stored. Or they can see which homes do not have firearms and may be a softer target.
Doxxers know whose lawn to camp out on also

Upvote 0

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟908,057.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
He’s already given perverts and pedofiles permission to enter any restroom they want it wouldn’t surprise me at all if he plans to disarm all the law abiding citizens.

I suggest you edit that. You may disagree with trans people but calling them perverts and pedophiles is against the site rules.

Upvote 0

Erik Nelson

Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2017
Utah
✟347,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I think that at the very least, having to get a license and insurance of a firearm is completely reasonable. Why should a firearm have less requirements to own than a car?
Maybe Americans need a Constitutional Amendment protecting car ownership as well

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
That you are so willing to brand trans people as "perverts and pedophiles" makes me think that a little disarmament of "law abiding citizens" might be a good idea.

• Optimistic
Reactions: Pommer
Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟888,644.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I suggest you edit that. You may disagree with trans people but calling them perverts and pedophiles is against the site rules.

I was t referring to transgenders, I was referring to perverts & pedofiles. The law Biden passed allows anyone to enter whichever restroom they identify themselves as which means that anyone can enter any restroom by simply claiming that they identify themselves as this particular gender.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟908,057.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
I was t referring to transgenders, I was referring to perverts & pedofiles. The law Biden passed allows anyone to enter whichever restroom they identify themselves as which means that anyone can enter any restroom by simply claiming that they identify themselves as this particular gender.

Perhaps you should add that clarification so it does not appear to be derogatory?

Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Unless the violent crime rate where you live is literally zero, I'd ask you to expand on this.
It's a relative thing, I guess. I live in a relatively low-crime neighborhood and don't feel that I need to constantly anticipate violent crime. On the other hand, I have worked in some places, Nairobi, Dar es Salaam, Casablanca, southside Chicago, etc. which actually are dangerous and I see the contrast with where I live now and with America in general.

Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
It's not a law, it's an Executive Order. It imposes no regulations or requirements, but merely calls for a review of existing federal policy and planning for how to deal with the transgendered.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟829,728.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
The law Biden passed allows anyone to enter whichever restroom they identify themselves

Obviously, Biden doesn't pass laws, so presumably you were referring to an executive order of some kind. Which one? I assert that he has done nothing remotely like what you have said.

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟367,663.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens

Man. You guys live in a level of fear that seems like SUCH a waste of time to me.

Upvote 0