• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

Stop blaming Blacks!

Discussion in 'Ethics & Morality' started by timewerx, Apr 13, 2020.

1. timewerx

timewerx the village i--o--t--

+5,033
    Christian Seeker
    Single
    It's the Western Values and Principles and many centuries of slavery and discrimination that made them who they are right now.

It's far too convenient to just blame them than make an effort to understand.

They used to be them:

[​IMG]

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. OldWiseGuy

OldWiseGuy Wake me when it's soup. Supporter

+9,768
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    US-Others
    The original (aboriginal?) Afro doo. :oldthumbsup:

The two guys on the right don't look black.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  3. blackribbon

blackribbon Not a newbie

+6,541
    Christian
    I don't know a single black person who has been a slave. I was born in 1965 when Civil Rights fight was going on, so the only black people that were really treated poorly related to that kind of racism are older than me (I am almost 55)...but yet, most older black people do not behave poorly. I think that most people who behave poorly are more suffering from poor economic situations and not from the color of their skin. Black people have made it in every sector of the American culture and have the same opportunities as anyone else.

I think it is racist to say at this point of time that "black" people can be judged as a whole simply by the color of their skin. There are many different cultures and even differences in black people (African immigrants versus Black Americans). I know one of my immigrant friends was more scared of having a clinical in an inner city African-American neighborhood than I was, he simply could not understand American black culture.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  4. Ken-1122

Ken-1122 Newbie

+1,194
    Atheist
    Private
    what are blacks being blamed for?

5. Phil W

Phil W Well-Known Member

+669
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    Blame them for what?

6. JIMINZ

JIMINZ Well-Known Member

+2,253
    United States
    Charismatic
    Married
    Sounds more like you just had an AXE that needed grinding.

Who use to be who? :scratch:

Last edited: Apr 15, 2020
  7. timewerx

timewerx the village i--o--t--

+5,033
    Christian Seeker
    Single
    It's the sad truth. Not to mention, growing up in such environment which could involve abuse can have permanent mental and psychological damage.

What's even sadder is that many don't even want to try to understand. THey are finding every possible way they can to excuse themselves from helping.

8. Albion

Albion Facilitator

+29,314
    Anglican
    Married
    What "Western Values" are those? Are you referring to the herding of people into the poverty of the inner cities, putting them onto the dole instead of earned income, warehousing them in public tenements, inducing those caught in hopeless situations financially to turn to crime, relegating many children to "single Mom" households, etc. etc.?

ALL OF THAT has been overseen by paternalistic big city governments which, as you may know, have been controlled almost totally by one particular political party for just about the same time period as describes when the bulk of this developed.

9. rjs330

rjs330 Well-Known Member

+2,961
    Pentecostal
    Look America is not that bad. The poor in America are rich compared to the rest of the world. Being poor in America is no excuse for bad behavior. Allowing bad behavior creates a cultural acceptance of bad behavior.

10. rjs330

rjs330 Well-Known Member

+2,961
    Pentecostal
    Abuse does cause psychological damage. However, poverty is no excuse to abuse. Poverty is no excuse to have poor behavior and fail to live up to your responsibility of being a good parent. It's a choice. You can choose to stand up and take care of your family or you don't.

My wife grew up poorest of the poor and faced abuse. Yet she has amazing character. She chose not to abuse.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  11. Landon Caeli

Landon Caeli But you can call me Captain

+3,447
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    Fine... I guess I'll stop blaming them... HHHhhh...

12. Chesterton

Chesterton Whats So Funny bout Peace Love and Understanding Supporter

+17,989
    Eastern Orthodox
    Single
    I'm no doctor, but I don't think non-organic mental and psychological damage is heritable.

13. OldWiseGuy

+9,768
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    US-Others
    The 'gangsta' culture within the black community doesn't help.

14. Olmhinlu

Olmhinlu Well-Known Member

+1,324
    Australia
    Christian
    Single
    You could argue that whatever injustices were done were done so long ago and to people so far removed from us today as to make them irrelevant...

But I still wonder: when at any point in history has America made it right?

15. Ken-1122

Ken-1122 Newbie

+1,194
    Atheist
    Private
    I would say when America passed and enforced laws that made such discrimination illegal (1968 civil rights act) that is the most America could do to make it right

16. Olmhinlu

+1,324
    Australia
    Christian
    Single
    Ceasing to abuse isn't the same as making up for it or dealing with the injuries. And of course more could be done to invest in certain communities. You put a man on the moon for goodness' sake.

If I meet a homeless man on the street who asks for money I might be tempted to tell him to get a job and take responsibility for his own life and quickly be on my way.

But if my brother from childhood becomes homeless I may well do everything in my power to help. I may let him stay with me even if he steals, give money even though he wastes it, hook him up with jobs even though I know he might not turn up etc. By the time I have to kick him out, it would still break my heart.

Of course everyone has to take responsibility for their own lives. But America hasn't exactly exhausted itself trying to bring black America into the fold.

17. Mountainmanbob

Mountainmanbob Goat Whisperer Supporter

+10,720
    United States
    Calvinist
    Married
    US-Republican
    They might want to get a handle on what's going on within the City block in which they live?

Can't blame outsiders for that.

Most of the danger in the gettos
    comes from their own.

M

18. OldWiseGuy

+9,768
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    US-Others
    And that's what makes the headlines, especially when innocent children are killed.

19. OldWiseGuy

+9,768
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    US-Others
    Didn't we pay for slavery in blood and treasure in the Civil War? And what of our antecedent's serfdom and persecution by Europe's kings and churches over a millennia that we have successfully overcome? Black slavery was inflicted on us as a nation as well as upon African blacks. Many if not most feel no responsibility for slavery and thus no compunction to 'make it right' for their descendants, especially considering the opportunities made available to them, at great cost to us, in this country.

Last edited: May 2, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  20. Olmhinlu

+1,324
    Australia
    Christian
    Single
    No? You weren't fighting a foreign enemy, you were fighting amongst yourselves to make a decision you should have made in the first place. You didn't do anybody a favour.