• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Stomach troubles

May 30, 2013
✟17,996.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I have been battling upset stomach issues occasionally since February. It comes and goes and for a while it seemed a lot better - regular BMs. Well, last week I had diarrhea again and ended up leaving work early Thursday and missed Friday too. I was starting to feel better Saturday evening. I haven't had a normal BM since and then today I had diarrhea again and felt nauseous - which I have also experienced. I debated whether to go to work or not and I feel bad missing another day because I feel fine otherwise! I took an immodium at 6am but it hasn't helped yet.

I'm not looking for a diagnosis - I saw a doctor in March and she thinks it is a reaction to the antibiotic - but I am going back to my regular doctor tomorrow to talk about it.

I'm writing because how can I NOT feel guilty for missing time again? I seriously considered going in anyway and it might have been better to go in and not think about it so much but it's not fun to keep getting up to go to the bathroom - it seems to usually be in the morning. I'm usually not having diarrhea in the afternoon. I considered going to work in the afternoon. I hate feeling bad for missing work. I do even when I am under the weather. I could never not go in when I was feeling completely well!

Bobinator

Jul 30, 2007
✟11,899.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I have been battling upset stomach issues occasionally since February. It comes and goes and for a while it seemed a lot better - regular BMs. Well, last week I had diarrhea again and ended up leaving work early Thursday and missed Friday too. I was starting to feel better Saturday evening. I haven't had a normal BM since and then today I had diarrhea again and felt nauseous - which I have also experienced. I debated whether to go to work or not and I feel bad missing another day because I feel fine otherwise! I took an immodium at 6am but it hasn't helped yet.

I'm not looking for a diagnosis - I saw a doctor in March and she thinks it is a reaction to the antibiotic - but I am going back to my regular doctor tomorrow to talk about it.

I'm writing because how can I NOT feel guilty for missing time again? I seriously considered going in anyway and it might have been better to go in and not think about it so much but it's not fun to keep getting up to go to the bathroom - it seems to usually be in the morning. I'm usually not having diarrhea in the afternoon. I considered going to work in the afternoon. I hate feeling bad for missing work. I do even when I am under the weather. I could never not go in when I was feeling completely well!
You may be harboring parasites. You can buy food grade diatomaceous earth (DE) from a health food store. Drink Mix 1-2 Tbs mixed with a glass of water on an empty stomach 1-2 times a day, preferably on an empty stomach. So this for 10 days, then take a break for 10 days before doing it again. this will address any eggs that hatch during the rest period.

Regardless of whether you have a parasitic problem, DE is good for you and will help you regain your health.

Reactions: GoldenSky
Upvote 0
May 30, 2013
✟17,996.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
They are getting me a blood test for a bunch of things include celiac. I really don't think I have that. They also suggested Irritable Bowel. The worst case is they will do a scope for Colitis but it would be the most mild form of it and he really didn't think that was it. He was just very thorough. He suggested a bulkening agent, though today I was pretty much normal BM wise. I went to work today and was fine but didn't feel 100% in a way. I think people are thinking it might be worse than it is. It has been uncomfortable - or has been the days I wasn't at work. I could never stay home and feel 100% fine though the days I was at home, the afternoon was better than the morning and I possibly could have gone in. I guess I have a low tolerance for working being uncomfortable at work. I have missed about 5 days sporadically since February.

Upvote 0

GoldenSky

Feb 24, 2008
By Yon River Hudson
✟9,688.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Others
You may be harboring parasites. You can buy food grade diatomaceous earth (DE) from a health food store. Drink Mix 1-2 Tbs mixed with a glass of water on an empty stomach 1-2 times a day, preferably on an empty stomach. So this for 10 days, then take a break for 10 days before doing it again. this will address any eggs that hatch during the rest period.

Regardless of whether you have a parasitic problem, DE is good for you and will help you regain your health.

What is diatomaceous earth (DE)? I haven't heard of it before. Not that I couldn't look it up on Google, lol (being slightly lazy).

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Using due diligence to get the right kind (the wrong kind might cause problems),
Food grade pure DE has been used by parents for themselves and for their children,
like a teaspoonful on cereal, or in other food,
for quite a number of healthy reasons,
and in particular, to help get rid of parasites in the intestines (people usually have them, and have NO HINT / NO IDEA that they have them unless they start researching it themselves ; it is a very low profit medical concern, so regular doctors usually spend no time about this).

Farmers also have used DE quite a lot for horses and cows and chickens ,
and gardeners all around their garden,
and home owners, renters, dwellers, all around their home(inside and out) to get rid of bed bugs, fleas , larvae, roaches, and a large number (potentially) of other insects ---
VERY SAFE to use,
Often /usually/ sometimes effective (huge corporations might sell some that is ineffective sometimes, and effective other times - without a microscope, or just using it, there's maybe no way to know )

The medical uses have not been approved of by the fda or whoever.....

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Oh, the FDA . . . *rolls eyes. :holy:

Is it similar to calcium bentonite clay, do you know? I think that's supposed to arrest parasites, too.
(neither bentonite nor DE earth is absorbed in the body, they both pass through the intestines along with the regular bowel contents and out ..... plop ! ) :)

DE earth is (called) tiny very sharp fossils (tinier than a grain of salt, so it doesn't cut skin or mucuous membranes , BUT still do not breath it in , the only warning for it, just in case.
It is a very fine white powdery substance, and potentially can ruin electronic or mechanical devices (like watches?) ... but that's hardly ever if ever reported or heard about that I know of.

Bentonite >>
Totally different, but bentonite is WONDERFUL all together in its own rite ! YES! :) ....

Bentonite is used more for heavy metal poisoning situations , or even if it is just suspected.
Perhaps other poisons as well (pesticides/ etc) ...

Somehow bentonite helps get the bad things out of the body,
with no known bad side effects.

It has other very useful properties too, that I just heard about this year -- regarding radiation in Belarus/Chernobyl accident, etc etc

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

GoldenSky

Feb 24, 2008
By Yon River Hudson
✟9,688.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Others
(neither bentonite nor DE earth is absorbed in the body, they both pass through the intestines along with the regular bowel contents and out ..... plop ! ) :)

DE earth is (called) tiny very sharp fossils (tinier than a grain of salt, so it doesn't cut skin or mucuous membranes , BUT still do not breath it in , the only warning for it, just in case.
It is a very fine white powdery substance, and potentially can ruin electronic or mechanical devices (like watches?) ... but that's hardly ever if ever reported or heard about that I know of.

Bentonite >>
Totally different, but bentonite is WONDERFUL all together in its own rite ! YES! :) ....

Bentonite is used more for heavy metal poisoning situations , or even if it is just suspected.
Perhaps other poisons as well (pesticides/ etc) ...

Somehow bentonite helps get the bad things out of the body,
with no known bad side effects.

It has other very useful properties too, that I just heard about this year -- regarding radiation in Belarus/Chernobyl accident, etc etc

I just discovered bentonite clay a few weeks ago, and it is the most wonderful stuff. I mean, I had to get over the thought of, "I'm drinking muddy water yikes yikes," but it is just awesome what it's doing for me.

Does the DE work on electrical charge like bentonite does? You know, the bad stuff usually has a positive charge, and the bentonite has a negative, so it binds to the bad stuff, and out it goes . . . "plop," as you said lol ?

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Does the DE work on electrical charge like bentonite does?
No. (that sounds right about bentonite, but I'd have to double check..... )
Although DE might adhere/ stick to / or even have some kind of electical charge,
I know that it is said that DE works physically - tiny tiny very sharp edges on the (said to be) fossilized particles,
that come in contact with parasites, internally, or for bug control in garden and home, with the bugs exoskeleton or internal workings ,
and the sharp corners/edges cut through the shell or skeleton or organism from the outside in OR from the inside out and causes death by fluid loss or drowning or just "death by a thousand cuts" ? whatever effect that has on a flea ! :)

Upvote 0

Waterwerx

Jul 14, 2016
Hazleton, PA
✟63,759.00
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Single
If its a parasitic infection, I would refer to the mnemonic, Never Let Monkeys Eat Bananas, with the E, referring to eosinophils. Absolute eosinophil count is one of the blood tests they perform on a patient to check for parasitic invasion in the body.

If you're still taking the antibiotic, you're going to continue having loose stools. Antibiotics tend to disrupt the bacterial flora of the digestive tract, which results in frequent dashes to the bathroom.

On another note, gallstones can cause this as well. If I remember correctly, besides gallstones, the gallbladder and/or its duct can become partially obstructed with "sludge" so that not enough bile is reaching the duodenum. Then whenever you eat fatty foods, you end up having similar results with your bowels & stool.
I should also mention that the cystic duct from the gallbladder meets the hepatic duct at the bile duct, which in turn joins the pancreatic duct and empties out through the sphincter of Oddi into the duodenum. So if the stone were to migrate out further and block either the bile duct(resulting in jaundice) or even worse, obstruct both bile and pancreatic ducts at their juncture, the enzymes produced in the pancreas will literally break down the pancreas and other surrounding tissues and probably kill you before jaundice does. Nevertheless, that's the extreme of it and most people end up in the hospital in serious pain and are treated before any permanent damage is done.

Upvote 0

Bobinator

Jul 30, 2007
✟11,899.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
If its a parasitic infection, I would refer to the mnemonic, Never Let Monkeys Eat Bananas, with the E, referring to eosinophils. Absolute eosinophil count is one of the blood tests they perform on a patient to check for parasitic invasion in the body.

If you're still taking the antibiotic, you're going to continue having loose stools. Antibiotics tend to disrupt the bacterial flora of the digestive tract, which results in frequent dashes to the bathroom.

On another note, gallstones can cause this as well. If I remember correctly, besides gallstones, the gallbladder and/or its duct can become partially obstructed with "sludge" so that not enough bile is reaching the duodenum. Then whenever you eat fatty foods, you end up having similar results with your bowels & stool.
I should also mention that the cystic duct from the gallbladder meets the hepatic duct at the bile duct, which in turn joins the pancreatic duct and empties out through the sphincter of Oddi into the duodenum. So if the stone were to migrate out further and block either the bile duct(resulting in jaundice) or even worse, obstruct both bile and pancreatic ducts at their juncture, the enzymes produced in the pancreas will literally break down the pancreas and other surrounding tissues and probably kill you before jaundice does. Nevertheless, that's the extreme of it and most people end up in the hospital in serious pain and are treated before any permanent damage is done.
Yes. Why didn't I think of this? Obstructed bile flow will definitely lead to digestive issues. I had a problem with this after ingesting too much peanut butter. Had digestive issues. Did a liver/gallbbladder flush. Expelled around 75 stones that I could count. Everything went back to normal. Need to do another flush soon.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Waterwerx

Jul 14, 2016
Hazleton, PA
✟63,759.00
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Single
Yes. Why didn't I think of this? Obstructed bile flow will definitely lead to digestive issues. I had a problem with this after ingesting too much peanut butter. Had digestive issues. Did a liver/gallbbladder flush. Expelled around 75 stones that I could count. Everything went back to normal. Need to do another flush soon.

This is a bad idea. They also have prescription medication that can dissolve gallstones, called Ursodeoxycholic acid(Ursodiol). It is only used for patients who either refuse the surgical option or are unable to have the surgery due to other medical issues. The obvious risk with going this route is that as the gallstones become smaller and work their way out of the gall bladder, there's a good chance one or more of them could become lodged in one of the ducts. Doctors will typically opt for the patient to have their gall bladder removed as opposed to using Ursodiol, especially if it is a recurring issue.

Upvote 0

Radrook

Feb 25, 2016
USA
Visit site
✟134,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Food allergies might be also causing you distress.
I personally cannot eat anything containing milk sugar or Lactose.
Other problematic foods can be the following due to containing what is called volatile gas producing substances and/or being hard to digest.

1. Beans
2. Garlic
3. onions
4. Brocolli

Most people on Earth can't digest milk.

I suffered horribly and my social life suddenly came to an abrupt end and it lasted for many years until I was able to identify the culprits.

Initially it was diagnosed as irritable bowel syndrome. Then the main cause-Lactose was discovered via a test. The other foods I discovered via bitter frustrating experiences.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Sounds like you may benefit from an infusion of probiotics, as the flora in your gut are killed by the antibiotics. This also weakens your immune system.

What Are Probiotics?

Upvote 0

Ancient of Days

Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2017
Mn.
✟138,689.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
This is a bad idea. They also have prescription medication that can dissolve gallstones, called Ursodeoxycholic acid(Ursodiol). It is only used for patients who either refuse the surgical option or are unable to have the surgery due to other medical issues. The obvious risk with going this route is that as the gallstones become smaller and work their way out of the gall bladder, there's a good chance one or more of them could become lodged in one of the ducts. Doctors will typically opt for the patient to have their gall bladder removed as opposed to using Ursodiol, especially if it is a recurring issue.

That is some incredibly toxic advice. Cutting out parts of your body is an absolute last resort that in all reality should never be done in the first place. Me and my wife just did our first liver & gallbladder cleanse with amazing results. The human body DOES NOT have a shortage of prescription medications. All natural cures provided by the living God and the substances He created should be used first and foremost. God has provided in His creation a cure for everything.

Upvote 0