Stimulus checks of $600 are coming

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟493,454.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single

SigurdReginson

Aug 4, 2020
PNW
✟45,517.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
We struggle so hard to get $600 into the hands of people who need it when other first world countries are giving their citizens as much as $2000 in relief every month. Poorer families are struggling to get by here, and small businesses are closing their doors forever. Meanwhile, the richest of the rich seem to be not only weathering this storm just fine, but are even making record profits as if nothing much has changed for them. Doesn't really help us much, since the work they provide is exported to other countries that do the labor for cheaper. Interesting how that works.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
We struggle so hard to get $600 into the hands of people who need it when other first world countries are giving their citizens as much as $2000 in relief every month. Poorer families are struggling to get by here, and small businesses are closing their doors forever. Meanwhile, the richest of the rich seem to be not only weathering this storm just fine, but are even making record profits as if nothing much has changed for them. Doesn't really help us much, since the work they provide is exported to other countries that do the labor for cheaper. Interesting how that works.

The stage for that was set decades ago. The first big players were Volkswagen and Pier 1 Imports.

Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

That's grasping after the wind
Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I hope this time they only give this $ 600.00 to people that are actually in real need i.e. people that are not unemployed or being subsidized by their employer, on unemployment , social security or welfare that they were on before the virus hit should not get it. Since none of those people is actually in worse financial shape than before the virus it makes absolutely no sense to give them the same benefit that people who actually need it are going to get. That is like slipping Bill Gates a few buck just because the homeless guy got a few bucks.

Upvote 0

Tree of Life

Hide The Pain
Feb 15, 2013
✟48,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
I hope this time they only give this $ 600.00 to people that are actually in real need i.e. people that are not unemployed or being subsidized by their employer, not on unemployment , social security or welfare that they were on before the virus hit should not get it. Since none of those people is actually in worse financial shape than before the virus it makes absolutely no sense to give them the same benefit that people who actually need it are going to get. That is like slipping Bill Gates a few buck just because the homeless guy got a few bucks.

That would be a logistical nightmare.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

The rich won't get much of this money, if any. And the big companies like Amazon are providing a lot of economic activity, bridging the gap so to speak. Also many people are positioned to benefit from this crisis even though they didn't plan to. For example if one has the cash and credit now is a great time to buy real estate as prices will certainly rise once these inflationary dollars permeate the economy. Like they say, "Them that has, gets."

• Agree
Reactions: bèlla
Upvote 0

Tree of Life

Hide The Pain
Feb 15, 2013
✟48,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
The rich won't get much of this money, if any. And the big companies like Amazon are providing a lot of economic activity, bridging the gap so to speak. Also many people are positioned to benefit from this crisis even though they didn't plan to. For example if one has the cash and credit now is a great time to buy real estate as prices will certainly rise once these inflationary dollars permeate the economy. Like they say, "Them that has, gets."

Commercial real estate is suffering but residential real estate has been booming all of 2020.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

grasping the after wind

That's grasping after the wind
Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Probably will buy another gun.

LOL. Chuck and Nancy et al will not approve of that at all. I think it was their intention that it should be use to contribute to one of their PACS.

Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟493,454.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
I hope this time they only give this $ 600.00 to people that are actually in real need i.e. people that are not unemployed or being subsidized by their employer, on unemployment , social security or welfare that they were on before the virus hit should not get it. Since none of those people is actually in worse financial shape than before the virus it makes absolutely no sense to give them the same benefit that people who actually need it are going to get. That is like slipping Bill Gates a few buck just because the homeless guy got a few bucks.
You're absolutely right. What you're actually supposed to do is slip bill gates a couple million.

Upvote 0