• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.
  7. There has been an addition to the announcement regarding unacceptable nick names. The phrase "Let's go Brandon" actually stands for a profanity and will be seen as a violation of the profanity rule in the future.

Still think you live in a free country?

Discussion in 'OBOB General Politics Forum' started by Wolseley, Oct 16, 2021.

1. Wolseley

Wolseley Beaucoup-Diên-Cai-Dāu

+3,648
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • List
    We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Wolseley

+3,648
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • List
  3. Wolseley

+3,648
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  4. inquiring mind

inquiring mind associate with those you can learn from Supporter

+2,975
    United States
    Baptist
    Married

5. OldWiseGuy

OldWiseGuy Wake me when it's soup. Supporter

+10,592
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    US-Others

6. inquiring mind

+2,975
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    If you mean 2022 (as in a Party mid-term election win) may result in the parity of the 1984 book theme, I agree (although I think it’s already in play)… it all may be a different scenario and level of course, but still happening never-the-less. In this case The Party continues making Trump the Goldstein (the one who supposedly poisoned our minds). In this case The Party pushes hatred for all non-party conformers through supporting national media, whether it be for not getting vaccines, school curriculum issues, non-liberal thinking (thought crimes), and all the while deprogramming independent will, through censoring, reporting, banning, punishing in some way so all will eventually love Big Brother in the end. … scary really.

7. childeye 2

childeye 2 Well-Known Member

+1,756
    United States
    Christian
    Married
  8. OldWiseGuy

OldWiseGuy Wake me when it's soup. Supporter

+10,592
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    US-Others
    Americans are more rebellious than conformists. Just look at the widespread rebellion against vaccination and masking. Also there is an ever-present general rebellion against just about everything that makes any kind of sense in this country.

9. Wolseley

+3,648
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    I thought that was a group of people who suspected massive election fraud, who wanted the election investigated---and were snubbed and ignored by their government. So they went to D.C. to protest and try to get their "representatives" to listen to them. Nothing more.

But if that was an attempt to overthrow an election (fair, corrupted, or otherwise), it was a mighty poor attempt---99% of them weren't even armed. And none of them stayed to occupy any buildings....they just protested and left. One would have thought a national rebellion would have involved heavy weaponry and greater numbers of deaths amongst Capitol police, "representatives", etc.

Unless, of course, it wasn't a rebellion at all, and it was blown totally out of proportion by the Democrats and the media to use as yet another tool in their never-ending goal of getting rid of Donald Trump.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  10. childeye 2

+1,756
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    If they were believing Trump, then they were believing the election was stolen and that Trump had actually won. We can characterize it as they suspected massive fraud, but it's still based on Trump's lie. Trump never had any evidence to substantiate his claim to begin with.

To be clear, it's just one man, Trump, that wanted to overturn a fair election. There was no way the attack on the capitol was ever going to change the results of the election.

The attack on the capitol was spearheaded by small groups of radicals, some of whom are known white nationalists, and who were the one's bent on violence. I imagine that most of the people just followed their lead and got caught up in the moment.

We're going to get two sides from the media, one downplaying the incident by calling it protesting, and the other side calling it what it was, an insurrection, a violent uprising against an authority or government.

11. Wolseley

+3,648
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    Well, I disagree with you on virtually every point here, but I won't bother to go into a long, drawn-out refutation of it all. I won't convince you of anything, and I can assure you that you won't convince me, so we'll just have to agree to disagree and leave it at that.

12. inquiring mind

+2,975
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    Hopefully, there’ll be more rigid voting laws before the next election (?).

13. Wolseley

+3,648
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    I wouldn't hold my breath, if I were you.

Judging from 2020, 2016 was the last legitimate election this country will ever have. The Junta has learned how to manipulate the system to get what they want, so from here on out, it really doesn't matter much what way you vote.

14. inquiring mind

+2,975
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    I hear you.

15. childeye 2

+1,756
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    There's no need to disagree. It's a fact that Trump claimed the election was stolen by the Democrats and the media. It was a blank assertion because he presented no evidence to base that on. Why not just admit that these people simply believed what Trump said without any evidence?

Last edited: Oct 16, 2021
  16. inquiring mind

+2,975
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    I sure hope it was… the fact is, the way things are now, the alternative wouldn’t speak very well of majority judgement. We’ve had one crisis after another since Biden has been in office.

17. childeye 2

+1,756
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    That's not God talking. That's the devil trying to make a lie look like hope.

18. inquiring mind

+2,975
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    No, that's me talking... just looking at the reality of our situation.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  19. childeye 2

+1,756
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Cynicism is self fulfilling. Deceived people don't know they're deceived. They don't see there are two images of God/god which inevitably define our terms. When a person is deceived, they speak out of a spirit of distrust and their reasoning justifies a do it to them before they do it to you mentality, which is the god of this world. Those who have sight, see others as themselves and loves others as themselves, and exhibit the mindset of being in Christ.

20. childeye 2

+1,756
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    I'm saying it's the devil talking in your mind. It's not God blaming Democracy based on the grievance that things could be better, while contradicting himself that the election was stolen.