Wilsonville
✟11,460.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
I am still struggling with the thought that the Holy Spirit has left me and that I have committed the unpardonable sin via being apostate. I have so much pain and I cannot get relief, and I so want to be in communion with the Holy Spirit and God. I am crying out to Jesus now. I do not know what to do....I am having a hard time praying and I am having a hard time reading the Word.

Desperately Seeking

Dec 10, 2019
Wilsonville
✟11,460.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
If you are worried about it, it did not happen. Apostates don’t care.
I really did not care until I felt the presence of the Holy Spirit leave me, then I became very concerned. It has been 8 months since that happened and I have no peace.

Upvote 0

Desperately Seeking

Dec 10, 2019
Wilsonville
✟11,460.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Please explain this.
Long story short, I was divorced, got into a relationship with a non-Christian, was sinful with her, and I did not have any conviction of the Holy Spirit that what I was doing was wrong. I did not therefore repent. Now, after feeling as if the Holy Spirit has left me, I have great regrets and I have been tormented by all the sins that I committed even before the relationship with this woman.

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Long story short, I was divorced, got into a relationship with a non-Christian, was sinful with her, and I did not have any conviction of the Holy Spirit that what I was doing was wrong. I did not therefore repent. Now, after feeling as if the Holy Spirit has left me, I have great regrets and I have been tormented by all the sins that I committed even before the relationship with this woman.
Have you discussed this with your pastor?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
He tried to get me to focus on the grace of God, but I felt convicted/condemned about Hebrews 10:26-31.
I think you should consider seriously what he shared with you.

It is the adversary who whispers in our ear that repentance is too hard and that God is not listening.

It is God in His Grace, Mercy and Love Who convicts us of sin and fully restore our relationship with Him.

The adversary wants us to think it is too hard and impossible. But with God all things are possible.

You are convicted of your sin. Confess to the Father your sins in the Name of Jesus and do so knowing He has already purchased you with His Royal Blood.

You need not look at your baggage between you and Christ Jesus, but Him with His loving Hands on you looking at the baggage. His Grace is the Power.

Upvote 0

Lost4words

Jesus I Trust In You
Site Supporter
May 19, 2018
Neath, Wales, UK
✟1,010,108.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Jesus came to save sinners.

Dont let the devil persuade you otherwise.

Seek out a good priest/spiritual director.

You are very remorseful, guilty and know you have sinned. That is the Holy Spirit working in you my friend. Believe in God. Have faith in His mercy. His arms are open to you always.

God bless you

Upvote 0

Desperately Seeking

Dec 10, 2019
Wilsonville
✟11,460.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Jesus came to save sinners.

Dont let the devil persuade you otherwise.

Seek out a good priest/spiritual director.

You are very remorseful, guilty and know you have sinned. That is the Holy Spirit working in you my friend. Believe in God. Have faith in His mercy. His arms are open to you always.

God bless you
Is it godly remorse or is it earthly remorse...I do not know

Reactions: Tone
Upvote 0

Tone

"Whenever Thou humblest me, Thou makest me great."
Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
I am still struggling with the thought that the Holy Spirit has left me and that I have committed the unpardonable sin via being apostate. I have so much pain and I cannot get relief, and I so want to be in communion with the Holy Spirit and God. I am crying out to Jesus now. I do not know what to do....I am having a hard time praying and I am having a hard time reading the Word.

HalleluYah, keep crying out...It's okay to not have any words or formulas to do...just hunger and thirst and may the Ruach ha Kodesh Breathe upon this Body and raise us up! Amen.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Mydreams

Dec 20, 2017
Delhi
✟242,348.00
Country
India
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Lord bless Desperately Seeking, and this prayer request. Lord let you pour your Holy Spirit upon Desperately Seeking, and let Desperately Seeking walk in your ways. Lord bless to have fellowship with you and praise your Holy name, Lord bless this prayer request. In Jesus mighty name, Amen!

• Agree
Upvote 0

Desperately Seeking

Dec 10, 2019
Wilsonville
✟11,460.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
  • Agree
Upvote 0

SirHash

Jan 28, 2019
Pearland
✟24,865.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Yeah Desperately, prayers your way.
My pastor used this line in a sermon recently, that the Holy Spirit convicts He doesn't condemn when He works in us. Rom 8:1.
The difference is between "what you did was wrong stop it", probably from God, and "you did that wrong thing because your a bad person and unworthy of my love so go away", not God.

Upvote 0