Sep 9, 2008
✟7,932.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Conservative
There are many instances where you're in a bad situation, (PM me to find out more), and I struggle to understand what God wants.

Does he want me to endure a bad situation, as a test of character, confronting the situation every day, feeling depressed, knowing full well that in James, God doesn't tempt us and Im sure no bad thing comes from God... But he could still want me to put him first and trust in him in that situation.

Or does he want me to remove myself from that situation, and trust in him in this new situation - which will yield problems of itself?

Thanks

salida

Veteran
Jun 14, 2006
✟6,243.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Many times God will take you through situations-

1Pe 1:7 That the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ.

1Pe 4:12 Beloved, think it not strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing happened unto you.

There will be times that he may remove you from the situation. I would pray.

Upvote 0

Peripatetic

Restless mind, peaceful soul.
Feb 28, 2010
✟22,095.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Your question is a good one. Sometimes it is very hard to know whether we should endure struggles as God's will for our spiritual development or if we should get away from the situation that is causing the trouble. I've faced this dilemma many times, and I don't think there is always a clear cut answer. Sometimes we have to take these things day-by-day with a lot of prayer, silence/meditation, and scripture. My strategy is to endure unless I get a strong signal otherwise. Even then, I should not assume that the change will solve all of my problems. Sometimes God leads me into even choppier waters, but I always look back on those times and understand how important they were.

Upvote 0

razeontherock

May 24, 2010
WI
✟35,597.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Draw near to God and He will draw near unto you!

Other than that no one on an internet forum can give you specifics. I will tell you that in Ephesians 6 it talks about the whole armor of God, and our breastplate of righteousness is the answer to this! Too bad this idea is foreign to most of the Church today.

The short version of this is the fruit of the Spirit and letting the Peace of God act as an umpire in your heart. The long version I've collected in a thread on the Deeper Fellowship sub-forum, called ... (wait for it) Our Breastplate of Righteousness

Following Jesus is the challenge of a lifetime! Questions like your OP are a good indicator you are in Him, and in contrast to that everything else is but a light affliction.

Upvote 0

sjdean

Sep 9, 2008
✟7,932.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Conservative
I took the advice of heymikey and posted in the General Struggles forum too. I feel bad now. Two places.

Oh well.

Without delving into specifics, I feel that the situation that I talked about is in someway damaging to my spiritual life because what time I do have, I feel so tired and exhaused, I find it hard, if not impossible, to pick up the Bible and dedicate any real time to it.

I do still find time to pray, but rarely do I hear anything conclusive back.

With neighbours who enjoy partying to six am in the morning on many occasions - usually on a saturday night/sunday morning (making me tired for church), and so many other distractions in the day to day like this, it's hard to see where the protection is.

Maybe I have to change my situation, or maybe I have to endure. I don't know.

I want to change my situation, but others say I must endure it.

Upvote 0

pilgrimgal

Jeremiah 29:11 It's good!
Apr 9, 2006
USA
✟25,368.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
I can relate to what you are saying and have found that it really does depend on the situation. Sometimes, yes, sometimes no. When I find myself trying to decide 'what' and 'if' to do.much prayer is always needed. All flight is not a bad thing..remember that Joseph and Mary with the baby Jesus fled to Egypt for good reason and did not return until later. Other times "flight" is running away like Elijah did from his troubles and was met my God speaking to him, not in the wind, but in the "still, small, voice."

peace and blessings and prayers for you too! :prayer:

Upvote 0

NewHope2010

Oct 1, 2010
Illinois
Visit site
✟15,270.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
If you're uncomfortable in a situation, you need to determine why. Ask God for that answer. And look at yourself - are you angry with someone, do you think you're not being treated fairly, etc. What is it about this situation do you think is "bad"? It could just be that you need to exercise God's mercy and forgive someone - to teach you forgiveness. Or, it could be that you need to learn patience and humility.

Here is an exercise to try: Go somewhere alone and just begin speaking aloud about how you feel. Just start with "God, I feel..." and let the rest just come out. What may happen is that you'll start talking it out to yourself. If you began with your spirit in the right place, you will hear the Holy Spirit talking to you (kinda like that voice you hear in your head when you worry, but this voice is more positive).

Upvote 0

sjdean

Sep 9, 2008
✟7,932.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Conservative
I've tried asking God for the answer of what to do. Hearing God is another thing though. I don't believe I am angry, and I know the meaning of forgivenessI just think that the situation is one that I've taken as far as I can and there's nothing further I can do to change the situation.

Upvote 0