• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Stick Ministry

Discussion in 'Children and Youth Ministry' started by Kristen.NewCreation, Oct 22, 2010.

1. Kristen.NewCreation

Kristen.NewCreation Recovery Area Co-Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporter Recovery Team CF Senior Ambassador Angels Team

+3,378
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    Anyone doing a stick ministry with your kids? If so, how young do you take them in? How old is your highest age group?

I'm interested in doing a stick ministry.

2. Redheadedstepchild

Redheadedstepchild Child of God Supporter

+1,393
    Methodist
    US-Others
    Hey Kristen - what is stick ministry? :scratch:

3. Kristen.NewCreation

Kristen.NewCreation Recovery Area Co-Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporter Recovery Team CF Senior Ambassador Angels Team

+3,378
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    Stick ministry is the use of dowel rods put to music. It's quite beautiful. Here's an example.

4. Wolvrin704

Wolvrin704 Doing better than I deserve!

+6
    Pentecostal
    Married
    At our church we've used them as young as 3 or 4. If they are able to do it I say use them. Even at that young age they can minister to people.

5. Kristen.NewCreation

+3,378
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    Wow. That's quite young! How did that work with attention span to learn the movements with the music?

6. Wolvrin704

Wolvrin704 Doing better than I deserve!

+6
    Pentecostal
    Married
    The attention span is short but as long as you keep practice time at a reasonable period of time it shouldn't be too bad. I wouldn't necessarily say every child that young can do it but there are some who can and really want too.
    I believe our practices were scheduled for 1/2 hour but generally were actually under 20 minutes. We haven't done it in awhile so I'm relying on my aging memory.