Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Satisfying. It wrapped up everything that was vital to conclude, but it left a few things to be desired. Still, for some bizarre reason Cartoon Network has insisted on another season, but for all intents and purposes this is basically the end as the conclusion has been wrapped up. I think the ending showed how the show itself in addition to Steven sort of grew into what they were meant to be.

Upvote 0

grandvizier1006

I don't use this anymore, but I still follow Jesus
Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2014
MS
✟664,118.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
They can project all they want, and I'm sure there was supposed to be some comparison with transgender stuff, but logically speaking, Steven is more or less Pink Diamond/Rose's son, not her. Granted, it's all framed in a subtle enough way that fans can say, "See, it's transgender symbolism!" And Rebecca Sugar (the show's creator) can say, "Uh, yeah, sure, that's what I intended!" when the truth is more likely that she was not immediately thinking of the supposed symbolism at the time. Despite transgender stuff being seen as the "final frontier" for the show and the show's infamous LGBT/SJW symbolism, if they really want to be explicit than Steven would have transformed into his own mother, rather than remaining himself. If anything, Steven remaining himself helps him assert his own identity as an entity descended from but also separate from Pink/Rose.

Upvote 0

grandvizier1006

I don't use this anymore, but I still follow Jesus
Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2014
MS
✟664,118.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Rebecca Sugar can claim that her goal is LGBT representation, but I don't know if she decided that was the show's purpose initially. It's a complicated subject, but basically there's speculation that, in essence, the fans decided where the show went (finale and certain details aside).

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,652,043.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I believe her. She has a long history of saying such things and I can certainly can see it in her work.
Rebecca Sugar can claim that her goal is LGBT representation, but I don't know if she decided that was the show's purpose initially. It's a complicated subject, but basically there's speculation that, in essence, the fans decided where the show went (finale and certain details aside).

Upvote 0