Steve Irwin - The Crocdile hunter. R.I.P.

fromdownunder

Apr 21, 2006
✟9,024.00
Faith
Atheist
Not sure where to post this, but it seems appropriate that it goes on this forum.

Steve Irwin, Australia's Crocodile Hunter has died after being stung by a stingray while filming a documentory in Queensland.

He leaves behind his wife Terri, and two children Bindi and Robert. My condolences and heartfelt sympathy to those he left behind.

Norm

This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Lilandra

Princess-Majestrix
Dec 9, 2004
state of mind
Visit site
✟19,703.00
Faith
Pantheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
From WIKI:

Irwin believed in promoting environmentalism by sharing his excitement about the natural world rather than preaching to people. He was concerned with conservation of endangered animals and land clearing leading to loss of habitat. He considered conservation to be the most important part of his work: "I consider myself a wild-life warrior. My mission is to save the world's endangered species."[11] Irwin bought "large tracts of land" in Australia, Vanuatu, Fiji and the United States, which he described as "like national parks" and stressed the importance of people realising that they could each make a difference.[12]
He had urged people to take part in considerate tourism and not support illegal poaching through the purchase of items such as turtle shells, or shark-fin soup:

He left a great legacy.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Irwin

Upvote 0

combatant

Oct 23, 2005
California
Visit site
✟7,704.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
Steve Irwin was an amazingly enthusiastic and fun guy to watch. I loved every hour of the many I watched of him. I was deeply saddened when I heard about his death, and I can only imagine the pain his family feels.

He will be deeply, deeply missed.

Upvote 0

Oonna

Trust Yourself
Mar 6, 2005
Could be anywhere!?!?
✟31,556.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I absolutly loved Steve. (I even have a Talking Steve doll...What a BEAUTY!) I have no idea how many hours i spent watching him and his family. His daughter Bindy, (she was named after Steve's fav Croc of course) who is 8 now i think, has his same spirt and love for animals. I saw her a couple years ago on one of the talk shows, Oprah i maybe....she was running around with her arms full of snakes explaining what makes one different from the other, kissing them....it was something. I know its alot to put on a 8 year old, but she obviously has the love and passion he did..Maybe someday she can pick up where he left off.

Bye Bye Steve

Upvote 0

Oonna

Trust Yourself
Mar 6, 2005
Could be anywhere!?!?
✟31,556.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
IT is like a loss in the family for our family. I can't even say how sad we all are.

I feel the same way, i sat here and cried while i wrote my 1st post...tears were dripping on my keyboard. I cant even imagine the how Terry must be feeling, he was such a larger than life man. Im sure now she is numb and hurting, but when everything dies down, im sure his silence will be overwhelmingly loud. The emptiness of such a vibrant man being gone...its going to be the worse thing.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Oncedeceived

Senior Veteran
Jul 11, 2003
✟66,670.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I feel the same way, i sat here and cried while i wrote my 1st post...tears were dripping on my keyboard. I cant even imagine the how Terry must be feeling, he was such a larger than life man. Im sure now she is numb and hurting, but when everything dies down, im sure his silence will be overwhelmingly loud. The emptiness of such a vibrant man being gone...its going to be the worse thing.

I totally agree.:(

Upvote 0

Oncedeceived

Senior Veteran
Jul 11, 2003
✟66,670.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think he and that Grizzly Man both had some kind of a death wish. Like they both wanted to die prematurely at the paws, or other appendages, of nature's creatures.

They were totally different. Steve was passionate and very skilled at what he did.

Upvote 0

JohnR7

Feb 9, 2002
Ohio
✟29,532.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
some kind of a death wish.

It is pretty obvious that he tooks risks that he should not have taken and he got away with it for a while.

A lot of the reason I am the way I am is because of the people I have seen die. From this I see that when you take a risk you should not take, eventually it will catch up with you. You may get away with it for a while, but you will not get away with it forever.

Upvote 0