• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

steps to mature in Christ

Discussion in 'Questions by Non-Christians (Archived)' started by A Brethren IN CHRIST, Jul 15, 2003.

1. A Brethren IN CHRIST

A Brethren IN CHRIST Well-Known Member

+24
    Christian
    verses please

Philippians 3:13 Brethren I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before

2 peter 3:18 But grow in grace , and in the experiencial knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and for ever

Roman 6:11 Like wise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God in Jesus Christ our Lord. {Postional}

Defense of Satan
    Ephesians 6:12-17

Satan's devices 2cor 2:11
    what are they
    1 tim 5:13-15
    2tim 2:7
    2 cor 12:7-8
    romans 14:22-23
    eph 4:29
    James 4:13-17

1 tim 5:11-15
    Acts 5:4-6
    Eph 4:27-28
    1 tim 3:6

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Photini

Photini Gone.

+523
    Seeker
    Married
  3. A Brethren IN CHRIST

A Brethren IN CHRIST Well-Known Member

+24
    Christian
    those verse are OT and law verses which I believe but they are not for me or you to practice. TO GROW WE GOT TO BE FOLLOWING THE CORRECT COMMANDMENTS FOR US RIGHT NOW

John 1:17 For the law was given by moses, but thee grace and thee truth came by Jesus Christ

Luke 16:16 The law and the prophets were until John; since that time the kingdom of God is preached and every man presseth into it.

WE HAVE A NEW AND GREATER COMMANDMENT

John 13:34-35 A new kind of commandment I give unto you, That ye love[agape] one another [gal 6:10]; as I [JC] have loved you[RO 5:8] that ye also love one another . 35 By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.

One another is to fellow believers not unbelievers ...... John 14:15,21 15:9-10,13, Gal 6:10, 1john 2:15, 4:10,20-21, Gal 6:2

AGAPE LOVE-VS-BEING GOOD TOO SEE THE DIFFERENCE

Danger though two ways to walk by flesh and by spiritGalation 5:16 This I say then walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh

what happens to those who walk in the flesh

Gal 4:29 But as then he that was born after the flesh persecuted him that was born after the Spirit, even so it is now

How do you walk in the Spirit

#1 must be saved
    #2 must be in one POSTITION IN CHRIST
    not carnal/flesh

DO YOU KNOW WHAT IN CHRIST TRUTH IS

4. Photini

Photini Gone.

+523
    Seeker
    Married
    I wasn't exactly referring to the 10 commandments.
    I try to keep my posts short...so forgive me if I am vague.

5. Mr.Cheese

Mr.Cheese Legend

+499
    Christian
    Single
    Jesus was the Word incarnate.
    In the Jewish mind, that meant he was the living Torah.
    If you exclude the OT, I think you're asking for trouble.
    Jesus was a Jew who knew the scriptures very well.
    Regarding them, read Matt. 5:17-19.
    You don't know who you are until you learn where you came from.