steps to healing / freedom?

Oct 8, 2012
✟21,363.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Ok I'm not going to describe my problems as I found last time when I did that I got the wrong advice and help so therefore what I'm specifically asking is what are the steps to God's healing , freedom do I need to take? I.e websites please though no popular preachers - I have my views please respect them. I m not going to say why I feel this way as I dont want to offend. Im not going to specifics but however I will say this one thing I am a christian and I'm struggling with witchcraft. As weird as that sounds a christian struggling with witchcraft yes I am saved and repentance is slow but this area particularly is where I'm not repenting. Anyone repented from witchcraft , and is a Christian got any testimony or encouragement who has repented from witchcraft?
-one thing God has been telling me is speak life and speak declare his word and statements of truth about myself

Thanks star

Oct 8, 2012
✟21,363.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
A bit more to my situation/ sin / my life , I find it very difficult to stay in God's presence to be close to him infact unless its through the relationship I have with other christians I cant seem to find God on my own - hence the long days without continuing so much deeper in God- missing out on alot of intimacy. Life has been so painful and frustrating these last 7ish years and frankly I would only like those who genuinely feel God wants you to say something to me or pray otherwise youre wasting mine and your time. Sorry I dont mean to sound harsh but if pain is deep the thing you dont want is wrong advice. If you GENUINELY want to help please do.

Upvote 0
Oct 7, 2005
✟2,829.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The bible says that Jesus is our healer of all diseases - and if not in the present human existence on Earth, then expect the full 100% treatment when he returns in his Second Coming where all of us faith-believing Christians are waiting patiently for Jesus to transform us with brand new Christ-transformed minds and bodies where the super-abundance of Christ's supernatural joy will replace sin-causing disease, dishonesty, witchcraft capture, and violence - especially atheism where people expect Jesus to appear right now as belief occurs from our human eyesight, rather than having the patience of faith to expect Jesus to arrive later in a not too far distant future of our 21st century. If you have faith in our local trains to pick you up at the train station then you can have faith in Jesus as his kingdom will arrive sometime soon so that we will experience total freedom where free home accommodation plus free meals because we are all God's family community as each and every one of us brothers and sisters of Christ are ambassadors .;*;.
:liturgy:Ambassadors of Christ

Last edited:
Upvote 0

DiscipleHeLovesToo

Site Supporter
Nov 13, 2010
✟77,537.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
why is repenting of witchcraft difficult for you?

this will definitely bind your faith for receiving healing, and cause you to withdraw from God when there are no Christians around you to force the devil and his bunch to flee from you. submit yourself to God; you resist the devil, and he will flee from you (James 4:7)

here's a great resource for understanding how to receive healing from God; don't consider the source if you don't like this guy - consider the message as he reveals it from God's word:

Receiving And Ministering Healing | Moore Life Ministries - Branson, MO

and another:

God Wants You Well - Audio Teaching - Andrew Wommack Ministries

Upvote 0

BFine

Seed Planter
Jul 19, 2011
My room
✟11,098.00
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
I was raised in a family that mixed witchcraft with Christianity, this was something
that was passed down the maternal line of my mother's family.

My mother took us children to church as infants (on up.)
I learned the Bible and divination as a young child-- could read
signs and worked on developing psychic abilities etc.
I know how enticing it can be when you can do something that others can't
and be part of something that is "secretive" --I also come to know that the enemy
is very selfish and demanding.

It was in ignorance that we practiced certain forms of witchcraft-- and it was also
in my early childhood that I was burned by my aunt on one side of my face.
There was a "witchy woman" who lived back in the woods from our place and
she knew all types of stuff about healing herbs/homemade potions etc.

She got the news that I had been severely burned and she came to our home with her
healing potion that she instructed my mom to put on my face until the bottle
was empty...she said there wouldn't be any burn mark on my face and she was
right, there was no sign that I'd ever been burned.

I/we didn't seek this woman out, in fact she scared me as a child-- her house was
like monster house or something...we stayed away from it.

You can become trapped in witchcraft; however, if one would truly seek the Lord, that person can
get free from the bonds of witchcraft by rejecting the devil's snares and submitting
themselves to the Lord and allowing Him to be Lord & let Him do a work in the hearts/lives.

It was my own personal pursuit of the Lord and His righteousness that I came to know
what I was practicing in secret was truly wrong and that it was offensive to God for me
to be messing around with any form of witchcraft.
I got rid of all my stuff when I was a teenager and sometime later on I confronted my mom about something I discovered she was still doing in the area witchcraft--
she also repented of that...Praise the Lord!

The enemy (devil) is very good at deception, he truly comes to kill, steal and destroy
there's nothing good in him.

I would encourage you to get rid of --burn any books/ movies/materials/music that you have that is associated with witchcraft.
Severely limit and or cut ties with anyone who else who practices witchcraft.

Repent of practicing and or relying on witchcraft.
Submit yourself unto the Lord.

Are you faithfully attending church anywhere?
If not, would you please start attending a gospel preaching church that upholds
the Word of God.
Talk to the minister about what you are struggling with, ask to be connected
with a mature Christian woman who can mentor you in your bible studies/faith walk.
Also ask for prayer partner or partners who can be making intercessory prayer
for you as you are learning how to grow in faith etc.

Upvote 0
C

Chandell85

I applaud you for being open. Hidden sin is the kind that festers and grows. Do you have a pastor or trusted *trusted* individual who you feel you can speak to who will make you accountable without being judgmental? This helps me with my own particular weakness.

I won't say anymore. But I'll pray for you from here. I pray you will feel God's love and power as He draws you closer to Him. :)

<3

Upvote 0

BFine

Seed Planter
Jul 19, 2011
My room
✟11,098.00
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
Are you seeking physical healing in your body or spiritual healing?
I wasn't sure of what you are meaning by "healings."

God is our source for healing, knowledge, salvation etc.
as you may also be aware of, not all are healed according to
how they would like it to be. Sometimes God uses us as we are (sick/handicapped, poor etc) to demonstrate He can make it possible for the least of these to accomplish much
for the kingdom of God.

Paul the apostle, wasn't healed of the "thorn in his side" --God said His grace was sufficient and the apostle's life demonstrated that point quite well.
I will also mention that when the Lord went to the pool at Bethesda he only
healed one person amongst the multitudes of sick folks who were there.

My own mother is 80 and has firm faith in the Lord even though she
hasn't been healed of her illness. She has however inspired many to find
faith and or salvation in the Lord...not only that-- but my mom has also outlived
two of her doctors who were younger than she is and were in better health.

Upvote 0

HCrossth2012

Jan 11, 2012
✟16,572.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Peace to you

Is it difficult because you are scared and the feelings that come when you start repenting? Fear and presence of something? Or difficult because you are not or cannot feel sorry for it? Like I mean repenting about it hard? I hope it makes sence what I am trying to say.
God bless you.

Peace

Upvote 0

CGL1023

citizen of heaven
Jul 8, 2011
Roswell NM
✟75,781.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Ok I'm not going to describe my problems as I found last time when I did that I got the wrong advice and help so therefore what I'm specifically asking is what are the steps to God's healing , freedom do I need to take? I.e websites please though no popular preachers - I have my views please respect them. I m not going to say why I feel this way as I dont want to offend. Im not going to specifics but however I will say this one thing I am a christian and I'm struggling with witchcraft. As weird as that sounds a christian struggling with witchcraft yes I am saved and repentance is slow but this area particularly is where I'm not repenting. Anyone repented from witchcraft , and is a Christian got any testimony or encouragement who has repented from witchcraft?
-one thing God has been telling me is speak life and speak declare his word and statements of truth about myself

Thanks star
Stay in the Word of God above all. Jesus is the Word, John 1:1. Love it, immerse yourself in it and walk it out. Also, ask the Lord to lead you to a teacher that can effectively deal with witchcraft and other Satan-inspired struggles you are dealing with.

Upvote 0

paul1149

that your faith might rest in the power of God
Site Supporter
Mar 22, 2011
NY
✟674,964.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Give God everything you can, Star. If you are still attracted to witchcraft, at least you can acknowledge it is rebellion against Him, and then ask for His help in seeing it clearly and getting free from it spiritually and emotionally. There's a book that may help, depending on what the tie is, called The Beautiful Side of Evil by Joanna Michelson. Evil can have a beautiful side, and she was sucked in until the reality of it was revealed to her. Keep seeking the Lord and He will set you free. It's a process, and it takes persistence, endurance and patience. Bless you.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

tbogunro

Sep 30, 2012
DeKalb, IL
✟15,867.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Thanks star

Lol repentance isn't slow. It's instant. Repentance is simply just telling God you're sorry for doing witchcraft, and ask for forgiveness, then ask for His help. That's it! Healing and freedom simply comes from giving your life to Christ and asking Him to lead you because no human knows where their life is going except God so might as well let Him lead. If you don't do any of these, pretty much the devil's got you on lock down.

Upvote 0
Oct 8, 2012
✟21,363.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
@ Hcrossth2012: I gues im afraid because i have tried to repent many times as somone said (paul1149) it takes persistence , endurance and patience. This Christian life is not easy it is certainly the only, best and most enjoyable amazing life but I believe its not easy, repentance is not easy for me to die to myself , my flesh. Jesus suffered and I have to suffer to die to my selfishness hence the real battle in my flesh at the moment. I have had alot of dissapointments mostly with repenting towards sin and have given up when God was moving me towards repentance. As of recently I was praying a repentance prayer because I eventually felt like it wasnt working and I didnt feel close to God so in the end stopped because I thought it was fruitless. I know actually the prayer was fine but it was me that was the problem. Its so discouraging though when you continually moving more and more away from the excitement you first felt about doing an act of obedience (in this case repentance)/ commitment . I was commiting myself to God in trying to repent.

Upvote 0

tbogunro

Sep 30, 2012
DeKalb, IL
✟15,867.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
At first a Christian life seems hard but it gets ridiculously easy once you begin to understand God! With God it's a relationship so spiritual healing, happiness, living a godly life comes along the way as the RELATIONSHIP grows. Not all at once but ALONG the way. The difference between God and other men including myself lol is that He NEVER stops pursuing or LOVING you know matter how many times you ignore or leave Him. Trust me I've been there with God. You mess up 100x, He forgives 1000x. Whether you like it or not God will CONTINUALLY want you, no matter how difficult you make it, or how bad you mess up. In fact God has made it sooo much easier to be in a relationship with Him that He's ALREADY forgiven you of ALL your sins, past, present, and future. So there is NOTHING you can do to stop Him from being close to YOU. Just start where you are and keep it real, say hi, ask Him how He's doing, tell Him about yourself, find out His likes and dislikes, and let Him know you're gonna mess up a lot and if He's willing to put up with that lol. Then continue DEVELOPING the relationship DAY by DAY but ALWAYS remember NOTHING you do will stop Him from wanting you and the things you want/desire comes as the relationship grows....DAY by DAY :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

paul1149

that your faith might rest in the power of God
Site Supporter
Mar 22, 2011
NY
✟674,964.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
@ Hcrossth2012: I gues im afraid because i have tried to repent many times as somone said (paul1149) it takes persistence , endurance and patience. This Christian life is not easy it is certainly the only, best and most enjoyable amazing life but I believe its not easy, repentance is not easy for me to die to myself , my flesh.

Remember the story of the lost sheep (Lk 15). The Good Shepherd went out to find it. The sheep could not find its way home alone. That's the dynamic of the Christian life. Our labor should be to enter His rest, not to solve our problems in our own strength (Heb 4). This is why Jesus extends the invitation to rest:
Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.
For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.&#8221; -Matt 11:28-30
Repentance is literally a rethinking. It means you come into agreement with God on your situation and yourself. It does not necessarily mean you have instant manifest victory over the sin. But in faith you can take your victorious position in Christ right now and let Him fight the battle for you. Eventually those gates of hell will fall, for they cannot stand against you, because you are under grace, not law (Rom 6.14).

Don't let the devil accuse you on this matter. If you have claimed Christ you are His, and if you have acknowledged this matter sincerely before Him, it is not an impediment to His grace flowing into the situation. Just keep abiding as a branch on the Vine, and let nothing knock you off, and you will see this impediment fall. He gives peace that nothing can take away. Firmly resolve to remain at peace in Him!

Upvote 0