Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Came out? You make it sound like were talking about a Pride event here.

Homosexuality is no longer someone needs to be in the closet about. National pride is.

• Agree
Reactions: Saucy
Upvote 0

Targaryen

Scripture,Tradition and Reason
Jul 13, 2014
Canada
✟29,199.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-NDP
Homosexuality is no longer someone needs to be in the closet about. National pride is.

And here we go with running ten feet to a conclusion only to find out it's a brick wall type of opinions. :doh:

Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I did read the article. I always read the article. Why does reading the article mean I have to acknowledge it? I disagree with Tulc's premise and the idea that no NFL players came out prior to 2009.
That's true, why let facts get in the way of a President Trump propaganda point? OH! And thanks for supporting President Obama's policy. I'm sure he appreciates it. :)
tulc(is always happy to see stuff like that) :wave:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

grasping the after wind

That's grasping after the wind
Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
That's true, why let facts get in the way of a President Trump propaganda point? OH! And thanks for supporting President Obama's policy. I'm sure he appreciates it. :)
tulc(is always happy to see stuff like that) :wave:

I have been opposed to the playing of the national anthem before sporting events for over 20 years now. It simply is not an appropriate place for it. No more so than the beginning of the school day in a classroom is an appropriate place for the Pledge of Allegiance. Of course, I find the idea of a pledge of allegiance completely offensive to begin with. A free citizen ought to be granted the decency of the benefit of the doubt that they support their country and not need to take a pledge. As for the anthem, I felt quite alone as no one especially on the right seemed to agree with me until people started using the occasion to protest. The EX President did many things I disagreed with and this attempt at creating a faux NFL ultra patriotism was no exception then any more than it is now. .

• Agree
Reactions: miamited
Upvote 0

jgarden

Senior Veteran
Jan 1, 2004
✟106,405.00
Faith
Methodist
https://sports.vice.com/en_us/article/yp89dj/stephen-a-smith-points-out-nfls-paid-patriotism-problem

On the plus side: it's nice to see President Trump and his fans whole heartedly supporting one of President Obama's policies. :wave:
tulc(MAGA by supporting President Obama) :)

AAqW8ma.img

"The Donald" attended a military college and yet received 5 deferments from the military draft during the Vietnam War - how patriotic was that?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ambc

Mark 12:30-31
Aug 18, 2017
Houston, TX
✟20,805.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
https://sports.vice.com/en_us/article/yp89dj/stephen-a-smith-points-out-nfls-paid-patriotism-problem

On the plus side: it's nice to see President Trump and his fans whole heartedly supporting one of President Obama's policies. :wave:
tulc(MAGA by supporting President Obama) :)

Had any of those anti-flag, “black lives matter”-type NFL players been born in Kenya, Nigeria, or some other African nation, they would be poor and hungry, and none of their athletic talents could have developed. Indeed, they would be pining to come to America. But they’re so entitled to such an extent that they think it’s okay to bash the country which made them multimillionaire athletes. They should either salute the US flag or go live in a Third World nation of their dreams.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Had any of those anti-flag, “black lives matter”-type NFL players been born in Kenya, Nigeria, or some other African nation, they would be poor and hungry, and none of their athletic talents could have developed. Indeed, they would be pining to come to America. But they’re so entitled to such an extent that they think it’s okay to bash the country which made them multimillionaire athletes. They should either salute the US flag or go live in a Third World nation of their dreams.
I was under the impression US citizens had the right to protest things they don't agree with. Are you saying that's not true? :scratch:
tulc(thought that was the point of the bill of rights) :sorry:

• Agree
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

ambc

Mark 12:30-31
Aug 18, 2017
Houston, TX
✟20,805.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I was under the impression US citizens had the right to protest things they don't agree with. Are you saying that's not true? :scratch:
tulc(thought that was the point of the bill of rights) :sorry:

No, it shouldn't be allowed.

Upvote 0