✟144,014.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Huh. Is it the taste, texture or both?
It amazes me that there's actually quite a variety of bananas, many claimed to be much better than the Cavendish bananas, but alas, it seems only the Cavendish is cultivated to export on a global scale. Of course, the Cavendish banana replaced the Gros Michel banana in the 1960's after a highly contagious mould wiped out large numbers of Gros Michel crops.
Both, and the smell too...I sometimes think maybe a hypnotist might be able to get me to love bananas, which would be very healthy for me, but then I get to wondering, if a hypnotist could change my tastes, what else could happen....might I start liking country music or reality tv? It's a scary thought. ..so I'll stick with apples

Upvote 0

Genersis

Person of Disinterest
Sep 26, 2011
London
✟38,690.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Labour
Both, and the smell too...I sometimes think maybe a hypnotist might be able to get me to love bananas, which would be very healthy for me, but then I get to wondering, if a hypnotist could change my tastes, what else could happen....might I start liking country music or reality tv? It's a scary thought. ..so I'll stick with apples
Eh, if you don't like them you don't like them.
I don't really trust hypnotherapy, especially to change a persons tastes. Seems a bit...pseudo-scientific.

Upvote 0

Mountain_Girl406

Site Supporter
Jul 9, 2015
✟144,014.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
I think I need to reduce waist line in order to attract interest from opposite sex. (Hopefully gorgeous gal!). But dieting is hard for me. very hard. I love food, especially Mum cooking! :)
I understand that, I like to eat too, especially in the winter! Come join us and hang out here.

Reactions: Kenny G
Upvote 0

Genersis

Person of Disinterest
Sep 26, 2011
London
✟38,690.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Labour
Okay, this is probably going to sound pretty crazy but; can anyone here think of places two people might be able to play board games together? Not including one another's houses.

Currently I've got:
Coffee shop(if we buy coffee)
Pub(if we buy drinks)
Library(maybe?)

I can't think of any parks or outdoor areas with tables nearby, so that's not an option(not that the weather would allow for it)

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Upvote 0

Mountain_Girl406

Site Supporter
Jul 9, 2015
✟144,014.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Okay, this is probably going to sound pretty crazy but; can anyone here think of places two people might be able to play board games together? Not including one another's houses.

Currently I've got:
Coffee shop(if we buy coffee)
Pub(if we buy drinks)
Library(maybe?)

I can't think of any parks or outdoor areas with tables nearby, so that's not an option(not that the weather would allow for it)

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
There's a restaurant here with board games available. ..it's a local and natural foods kind of place with lots of vegan options and often live music so the kind of place where they like patrons to hang out and nor be in a hurry to leave. They have a bookshelf section devoted to board games, we've tried out a few there to later play at home. I've also seen them at laundromats.

Upvote 0

Genersis

Person of Disinterest
Sep 26, 2011
London
✟38,690.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Labour
There's a restaurant here with board games available. ..it's a local and natural foods kind of place with lots of vegan options and often live music so the kind of place where they like patrons to hang out and nor be in a hurry to leave. They have a bookshelf section devoted to board games, we've tried out a few there to later play at home. I've also seen them at laundromats.
There's a pub similar to that here, but it doesn't open till the evening.
I've got a date on Tuesday, board games are something he's passionate about, and I'm interested in playing, so we're looking for neutral ground to meet up and play.

We're probably going to settle on seeing if a pub will put up with us.

Upvote 0

Genersis

Person of Disinterest
Sep 26, 2011
London
✟38,690.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Labour
I tried Quorn today.
It's a meat substitute brand made from Mycelium protein I think?

Regardless, I tried some beef style peppered steaks and I actually really enjoyed it. I mean, it didn't taste especially meaty, but it had the texture of a tender meat. The flavour it did have was nice too.
Would definitely have again, especially when it's only 124 calories for a 98g steak.

Of course, they make other imitation meats from the same stuff, so this shouldn't be taken as a recommendation for Quorn as a whole.
Also, most of their products contain egg, so not great for vegans.

I think I'll pick some of these up should I get the craving for a burger.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Genersis

Person of Disinterest
Sep 26, 2011
London
✟38,690.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Labour
Last weigh in was 66.7(not quite 66.6, sorry to disappoint).
A loss of 0.2 kg. My worst loss to date, but at least it wasn't a gain I guess?

I'm positive I've never gotten so much exercise in a week before, so I blame my diet.(ten miles in a day, maybe not a great decision)
It was a poor week, with a milkshake, ice cream sandwich, golden syrup pancakes, and a big bag of mini peanut butter cups. Still, this seemed to have a bigger impact than I would of thought.

I think I let myself go a bit crazy.
I'm sure none of you care that much, but I did go on a second date with that guy I mentioned earlier in this thread, and we're planing a third and he's completely amazing, and yeah I blame my crushing on him for my carelessness. An insanity defense if you will. :p

Upvote 0

Mountain_Girl406

Site Supporter
Jul 9, 2015
✟144,014.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Last weigh in was 66.7(not quite 66.6, sorry to disappoint).
A loss of 0.2 kg. My worst loss to date, but at least it wasn't a gain I guess?

I'm positive I've never gotten so much exercise in a week before, so I blame my diet.(ten miles in a day, maybe not a great decision)
It was a poor week, with a milkshake, ice cream sandwich, golden syrup pancakes, and a big bag of mini peanut butter cups. Still, this seemed to have a bigger impact than I would of thought.

I think I let myself go a bit crazy.
I'm sure none of you care that much, but I did go on a second date with that guy I mentioned earlier in this thread, and we're planing a third and he's completely amazing, and yeah I blame my crushing on him for my carelessness. An insanity defense if you will. :p
First off, glad there was a second date, and a third coming up!
There's a ton of debate about what is more important, exercise or diet. ...in my experience a week where the exercise went up and the diet suffered a bit is better than one where the exercise dropped off even if the eating was good and clean. Maybe that's why you continued to drop a bit.

Reactions: Genersis
Upvote 0