• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Stem Cells for Fixing Damaged Hearts

Oct 21, 2009
✟17,705.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
You'll note that nothing has come of embryo stem cells... and they've been researching with them a lot longer than adult stem cells. The adult cells have produced wonderful things for us! :clap:
This was one of the reasons I provided a link to this article. I'm glad you noticed that and pointed it out. :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

drelnahas

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
✟15,135.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Married
A recent medical study published in 2005 showed that Embryonic stem cells can differentiate into true cardiomyocytes (heart muscle cells), making them in principle an unlimited source of transplantable cells for heart repair, although immunological and ethical constraints exist.

Upvote 0

Lilly Owl

Since when is God's adversary a curse word here?
Dec 23, 2012
✟2,609.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
I don't know why ethical constraints would exist in such vital life affirming, life saving, potential as that.
Embryos have a shelf life. When that expires they're thrown literally in the garbage and tagged in a red bag that reads; "Medical Waste".
They're incinerated or, in the worst case scenario depending on where the facility or hospital is located, thrown on a barge with other garbage and dumped at sea.

Save a life or be tossed as garbage. No ethical question there.

Upvote 0

drelnahas

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
✟15,135.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Married
Ethical issues vary from one place to other and even from one person to other. You cannot force your ethical values to others. What seems ethical for you might seem very unethical to others. Let me give you an example here in USA. Physician aid-in-dying (PAD), or assisted suicide, is legal and ethical in the states of Washington, Oregon, and Montana. However it considered illegal and unethical in the rest of the states. <br>

Upvote 0

Lilly Owl

Since when is God's adversary a curse word here?
Dec 23, 2012
✟2,609.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
I'm certainly aware that opinions vary on this issue. As they do on any other in fact.

However opinions that proclaim quality of life should be rescinded because someone opines the stem cells in an embryo are more important than the human life that would be healed or repaired due to a medical treatment derived from stem cell's and/or research, fail to remain consistent when arguing matters of ethics and quality of life.

Humans shouldn't be treated like garbage, when an embryo the shelf life of which is expired is literally relegated to the garbage.
If ethics mean anything, they value the life that needs to be healed more than the embryo that is not an equally imbued life if it could even be construed to be a life at all.

Upvote 0

JCFantasy23

In a Kingdom by the Sea.
Jul 1, 2008
Lakeland, FL
✟502,107.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
It makes complete sense to me you can use the human body to heal a human body. Works in nature a lot this way, the poison as the antidote kind of thing. I really do hope more work is done with stem cell research, saving more lives and healing more conditions previously considered incurable.

Upvote 0
Oct 21, 2009
✟17,705.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
A recent medical study published in 2005 showed that Embryonic stem cells can differentiate into true cardiomyocytes (heart muscle cells), making them in principle an unlimited source of transplantable cells for heart repair, although immunological and ethical constraints exist.
A recent study published in 2005? You do realize this is 2013, right? We have survived the Mayan Apocalypse!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums