• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Stealing My Joy

Bumble Bee

Disciplemaker
Nov 2, 2007
Held together by Jesus and coffee
✟698,206.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The last year has been so tumultuous for my family and me. We have had many ups, including my marriage, pregnancy, and the birth of my son. We have also had many downs, including the loss of a grandmother on each side of our family and a bombshell of a family secret that was dropped on me.

I was diagnosed in October with post partum depression. It is unlike anything I have ever experience before. Nothing, nothing made me happy other than my husband and son. I did not want to be anywhere or do anything without them. It's getting better now, and I am finding joy in other areas.

I have been going through a devotional plan on the YouVersion Bible app that is called "21 Days to Beat Depression." I quickly realized that I have a tendency to allow my joy to be stolen. The devil has no power to steal joy, and yet I hand over that power any time something negative happens. I have realized that I need to make a conscious effort to focus on the positives in life. I need to remember that God has given me His joy. He has blessed our family beyond measure. Depression is still a struggle, but nothing can steal the joy that is given by the Lord my God.

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
One of the Greatest Places on Earth.
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So true what you say. Depression can rob us of our treasures big time the very things we need to survive depression are robbed by the negativity we give in to. This is why i place God's promises so high on the list of things that can protect us from falling for the negativity of depression.

As a matter of fact with God depression can become an unique personal relationship experience with the Lord. Him getting you through the darkness. It has been often He done this for me in my struggle with depression, where even in my worst depressive state i could drink from His living waters and the years of isolation and loneliness simply fell away never again to return when i am in that place.

Blessings

Upvote 0