Steak Marinade?

Ms.Garnet

Apr 13, 2005
✟9,016.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This was a Holiday Inn recipe I got from a cookbook 33 yrs. ago & still like it very much.

Continental Steak Sauce

1 (5 oz.) bottle soy sauce
1 can regular Dr. Pepper
1 1/2 oz. Worcestershire Sauce

Mix all ingredients. Dip steak generously in sauce (or marinate for 30 minutes) before grilling. Grill steak to your preference.
The first time I used the recipe I cooked the steak in the broiler part of my oven & it was the best steak I have ever put in my mouth. P.S. I can't stand to drink Dr. Pepper, but it sure is good in this recipe.

Reactions: soblessed53
Upvote 0

GrinningDwarf

Just a humble servant
Mar 30, 2005
✟19,311.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Here's the favorite steak marinade at our house. It's kind of a teriyaki marinade, and we got it out of The Ultimate Grill Book, published by Sunset...

In a bowl, stir together 2/3 cup soy sauce, 1/3 cup honey, 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger, 3 tablespoons dry sherry, 1/2 cup salad oil, 1 clove garlic (minced or pressed), and 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions (including tops). Makes 1 3/4 cups.

We've made it with and without the sherry; it's good either way, but I substitute some other liquid if I skip the sherry (usually by increasing the soy sauce or adding a little water). We've also substituted 'regular' yellow onions for the green, and it's a little stronger but still tastes great.

Upvote 0

Ms.Garnet

Apr 13, 2005
✟9,016.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi Grinning...your sauce sounds so good...one problem for me...I am EXTREMELY allergic to ginger..do you think it would affect the sauce taste much to omit it. Also, I have never tasted sherry/dry or wet (he he he!) ...what would be a good substitute....as in another recipe I love calls for red wine and you can substitute grape juice, just not as much because of the sweetness. Thanks.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums