Oregon
✟368,343.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Many years ago it occurred to me that even if I was able to force myself to be pious enough during my lifetime to qualify for Heaven; I was pretty sure I couldn't keep it up for eternity. Sooner or later my true colors would show themselves.
_

• Haha
Reactions: mlepfitjw

UnpopularOpinion

Oct 18, 2020
Wroclaw
✟13,398.00
Country
Poland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Many years ago it occurred to me that even if I was able to force myself to be pious enough during my lifetime to qualify for Heaven; I was pretty sure I couldn't keep it up for eternity. Sooner or later my true colors would show themselves.
_
I think from your short sentence I found at least 3 or even 4 not biblical statemens contrary to the Bible , are you sure that you actually understand what Christianity is all about?

There is only 1 person who qualify for heaven and that is Jesus Christ himself nobody else.

And after resurection when you get your glorified body it's impossible to sin with that. Which sin are you scared of commiting in heaven?

Reactions: SolaChristian
Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟906,114.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
_
Are you saying your sinful acts will continue after you die ?

Upvote 0

Joyous Song

Jun 5, 2020
Buffalo
✟46,575.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
_

This is the one mistake many people make in their understanding of how actions grow from Grace. Perfection in The Messiah is not achieved by us, without His grace. Indeed our sin is convicted by the Spirit will only spurs us to live more true and through this we become more holy over time, saints have taught us this.

In time we become more holy, like removing layer after layer of sin like a onion and as we do this becomes the new me, the new you. It a slow process the Messiah explained in the Beatitudes: Our sin make us poor in Spirit, which leads us to the Kingdom because it brings the next Blessing; We mourn these sins, they hurt others and ourselves, and this leads to Grace, He forgives a truly repeated heart.

This leads to humility, or a meek heart because we know we fell short and He accepts us anyway, out of love which means we found a place on this earth to witness this love. Most Christians stop here but the Beatitudes goes on, true repentance and realization of His Mercy brings a hunger and thirst not to fail Him again! He died for US. Can't we do anything for Him? So we search and with grace find ways to move away from our sinful past toward greater holiness, which brings fulfillment,

This also brings mercy, for we are to forgive those who trespass against us as we forgive the, and He forgave us. When we do we find the true mercy so many assume they have even without showing such forgiveness of others. This leads us to possess a pure heart of love, like Christ has, and with this pure heart they finally can understand more of the Divine Plan and our humble part in that plan.

This makes us peacemakers where ever we go, and people will see us as faithful by these actions. Strangely though this leads persecution, true sainthood, which going through this process over and over again will help one achieve, makes sinners highly uncomfortable. This is a blessing and something to remember.

Yet nothing says we'll reach the level of holiness heaven requires, but according to Paul. we only have to be in the race, moving toward that goal for Christ to complete that in us at death. Yet once death comes that race ends and our struggles end as well because bathed in in the pure Light we will have no hunger or thirst to sin. Sin is a human, earthly condition tied to free will.

If the L-rd wanted robots He take away our freewill or make it immaterial. He just wants us to remove from our free will that me, myself and I, and put into it place, pure love.

Upvote 0

WebersHome

Site Supporter
May 7, 2017
Oregon
✟368,343.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Ps 15:1-5 . . Lord, who may dwell in your sanctuary? Who may live on your holy hill?

. . . He whose walk is blameless and who does what is righteous,

. . .who speaks the truth from his heart and has no slander on his tongue, who does his neighbor no wrong and casts no slur on his fellowman,

. . .who despises a vile man but honors those who fear the Lord, who keeps his oath even when it hurts, who lends his money without usury and does not accept a bribe against the innocent.

. . . He who does these things will never be shaken.
_

Upvote 0

WebersHome

Site Supporter
May 7, 2017
Oregon
✟368,343.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
At the core of my being is the soul of a creature-- the non-divine human nature of the original Adam.

Gen 3:20 . . Adam named his wife Eve, because she would be the mother of all people everywhere.

Acts 17:26 . . From one man He created all the nations throughout the whole earth.

Therefore; my existence is no different than Adam's and that's because my existence was produced by his existence, i.e. I am that first Adam's progeny. I am not a two-fold being, i.e. I am not the son of a divine being and the son of a human being like Christ. I came from my mother's womb as only the son of a human being, i.e. a son of Adam.

That's a serious handicap because it's already been decided that no progeny of that first Adam will be-- and currently is not --accepted into the kingdom of God (1Cor 15:50) consequently the extremely grave importance of taking the initiative to verify that the nature of Christ is in you per Rom 8:9 and 2Cor 13:5-6 in order to assure that we don't leave this life with only non-divine human nature at the core our being.

2 Pet 1:3-4 . . His divine power has given us everything we need for life and godliness through our knowledge of him who called us by His own glory and goodness. Through these He has given us His very great and precious promises, so that through them you may participate in the divine nature and escape the corruption in the world caused by evil desires.

FAQ: Is the divine nature spoken of by Peter a reward, i.e. something to be earned?

A: No; it's freely given and totally undeserved: no strings attached and nothing required in return.

FAQ: Why is the divine nature so seldom mentioned in the New Testament?

A: Because it's usually presented by its other description: eternal life.

FAQ: Eternal life is a freebie?

A: It is.

NOTE: I suspect that people in the fiery section of the netherworld get very upset when they find out how easy it would've been to avoid their fate-- some may even react with yelping and bellowing like wounded dogs.
_

Last edited:
Upvote 0

1watchman

Overseer
Site Supporter
Oct 9, 2010
Washington State
✟358,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
_

That is a most unusual statement found here. First: NO ONE can be "pious enough" to go to Heaven. Please read the four Gospels in the Bible, and note John 3; John 14; Romans 8; etc. Our Creator-God will speak to you there and you will see His love for you. If you don't want to be with Him after leaving this world, you can only go to the place of darkness and suffering in Hades and Hell, as our Holy Bible tells us. You may have been indoctrinated with some false religion not of the Bible!

Upvote 0