• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Staying away from homosexuality

Rubricnigel

Oct 17, 2018
Midwest
✟19,311.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
[Staff edit].

There is a difference between acting and thinking. Plenty have thought about it, as well as other sinful acts (lust, vengeance, violence, theft, etc) but having the willpower to NOT commit the sin.

To the OP, i suggest severing ties to this "friend" and ending any such "friendships" that you feel would tempt you into a sin.
I would say the same to a drunk, a thief, an adulterer, sometimes staying away from the issue will help your willpower strengthen.

[Staff edit].

Ill pray for OP, Lord have mercy!

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Agree
Reactions: Thir7ySev3n
Upvote 0

Zoii

Oct 13, 2016
Australia
✟103,785.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Christan churches have varying views regarding homosexuality. The important thing is that you stay well mentally and physically. If you find yourself becoming anxious or depressed, talk to your parents or a professional counsellor. Don't be isolated with the anxieties you are experiencing.

Upvote 0

Paidiske

Clara bonam audax
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2016
Albury, Australia
Visit site
✟1,502,888.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Mod hat.jpg

MOD HAT ON
This thread has been moved to the Struggles With Sexuality forum.
As with all Recovery Forums, this forum does not allow debate or promotion of homosexuality.

Struggles with Sexuality (SWS) is a moderated forum that the recovery team members must approve before they are live for viewing. This forum is for members who want to stop a sexual activity or change a sexual orientation in some way. It is for those wishing to make a positive change in their lives because for one reason or another the choices that have been made are impacting negatively either physically, mentally, emotionally or spiritually.
Christians and non-Christians may start threads, but only Christians may reply.
This forum provides support as well as encouragement from others going through similar issues or who have possibly been successful at making those changes.
Examples of some of the reasons a member may choose to post in SWS is the desire to stop masturbation, or to stop masturbating so much, to stop premarital sex in the relationship currently in or to prevent it in the next relationship, wanting to no longer be gay, or to learn to be celibate because of being gay. Being a family member, partner, or girlfriend/boyfriend of someone with a sexual issue that is creating issues in the relationship, and so the list goes on.
Please review our Recovery Guidelines before posting in the recovery forums.

OFF Topic Posts/Threads
Preaching or theological teaching or debating as this part of the forum is not for theological discussions, but for support and spiritual encouragement.
Posts that are not supportive of the Original Poster’s desire for change will be removed.
Posters that are only seeking to know if something related to a sexual behavior or lifestyle is a sin but not desiring to make a change in their lives will be asked to post in Ask A Chaplain where the Chaplains can address those types of questions.

Example of acceptable posts in SWS: “I need help stopping my sexual addiction. Any suggestions to help me? Do you think God will still love me?”

Example of unacceptable posts in SWS: “I’m addicted to sex. Is that a sin? Will I go to hell?”
Spiritual warfare including instructions and linking to preachers who discuss/provide instructions on spiritual warfare is not permitted as this is against both Site Wide rules and recovery guidelines.
No self-promotion of books, recordings, YouTube videos or websites/blogs to gain advertising. If you have one of these to be considered as an applicable resource, please contact Kristen.NewCreation.

Support
We encourage you to seek support here and if there are appropriate resources presented in reply, we’ll check them out. If you need or can be an accountability partner on CF, please add your name to the list and participate as part of the accountability group. Please choose your gender Specific Accountability thread.
Ladies
Gentlemen

Links and Resources of Interest (more to be added):
Crisis Hotlines
Christian inappropriate content Addiction Recovery » Blazing Grace

Distraction Ideas for Masturbation/Sexual Fantasy

Home (Pure Life Ministries)
12 Steps for Sexual Addiction
X3groups - Freedom From inappropriate content
Overcoming inappropriate content: The 40 Day Challenge A Bible Study

Live Free: Breaking out of the Prison of inappropriate content
MOD HAT OFF

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hello.

As long as I can remember, I have been attracted to other men. I have never told anyone, but I have prayed about it thousands of times, and I believe that the Lord has helped me not to act upon it. However, I recently met a boy whom I just feel different about. He has flirted a bit with me, and although I have tried treating him as a normal friend, I just can't help having these feelings about him.

I am really scared I will act upon them because the feelings are so strong, and sometimes seem more important to me than the word of God.

I am currently 16 years old and I am already struggling. How can I stick to the word of God for the rest of my life?

The urges are very strong at that age, but you shouldn't be having sex until you are married.
Its not as fake a rule as you might think. When you commit to another person
and you promise to be their partner for life, you really don't want to be remembering
the 2, 20, or 200 flings you had casual sex with. You really want "all of you" to be the
same sex experience as all of them had.

So say you have sex for the first time. Now they are imagining the 20 others they
had sex with and are comparing you to them! Not good right?

So don't be that sloppy seconds person. Save sex as serious and meant for your marriage.

Upvote 0

salt-n-light

Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2017
Rosedale
✟165,859.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
I simply want to thank every one of you for wanting to help me with this.

I will continue working on it and do my best keeping the words of God.

God bless you all!

Hey @JonHansen,any updates?

Upvote 0

JonHansen

Oct 21, 2018
Oslo
✟9,691.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I must admit that I have not progressed the way I hoped I would. Fortunately, I think I have the willpower not to have a sexual relationship with another man, at least for now. However, my relationship to God has become weaker, and I have also started questioning His existence. Probably as a consequence of almost giving up that I will ever change, and that I cannot live with the thoughts I experience without being affected by them.

I would also like to explain that I am entirely sure that this is the way God has made me. That does not mean that I think it is impossible to change (although it seems the most reasonable) or that it is okay. However, I know that I have had these feelings for my whole life. Also, my upbringing has been almost equivalent to the ones of my brothers, so it must be something I was born as.

Thank you for all support.

Upvote 0