Visit site
✟15,590.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It is a fact that we do at least rise up to the clouds in the air, and the Word says that Philip. 3:20 (KJV)
For our conversation is in heaven; from whence also we look for the Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ:
Well of course we meet the Lord in the air when He comes on the clouds ^_^

That we have 1 Peter 1:4 (KJV)
To an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that fadeth not away, reserved in heaven for you,
Notice the key word there...reserved? That means that it is waiting for us. That still doesn't point to us going to it. It comes to us as is clearly stated in scripture.

I have no problem that we MIGHT not be going to heaven but the "mansions" were explained in the gift and that is my point.

The "mansion" is what the soul and spirit reside in after we put off this tabernacle
Let me see if I understand you here? Are you saying that "our new bodies" are going to be mansions? If you believe this, then you are way wrong lol!!! None of us are going to have gates, streets paved with gold, foundations, and huge pearls hanging off of our new bodies LOL!!!!

2 Peter 1:13-14 (KJV)
Yea, I think it meet, as long as I am in this tabernacle, to stir you up by putting you in remembrance; [14] Knowing that shortly I must put off this my tabernacle, even as our Lord Jesus Christ hath shewed me.

I quote this because it is even as our Lord Jesus Christ hath shewed me.

So no amount of exegesis is going to ADD mansions to the glory of the New Jerusalem without adding to the Revelation, that is clear and simple
The building plans are precises and have no margin of error in them, IF it were as you believe, then they would be spoken of, they are not, so it is as it is.
LOL!!! Jerry, I find this tantamount to the bible telling us that there is an Antichrist coming, but He doesn't give us any physical description...which He didn't. We accept the Antichrist part coming anyway lol!!! He told us that the New Jerusalem will descend FROM HEAVEN, but you don't accept that being our heavenly Jerusalem just because no mansions are mentioned inside of it ^_^..FUNNY!!! Did He not say that in my Fathers house are many mansions? That should be good enough as proof right there with everything else that the bible states about the New Jerusalem. I have a feeling that you look at heaven as some "ethereal" place unlike the earth. It's not that way, but actually almost a carbon copy but without modern convenience's and sin like we have here....going to be PERFECT. In the New J we won't need these things because we will be like HIM. It has trees, a river flowing through it, the nations will flow to it and enter through those gates. Gee, Jesus is even going to have a drink of wine with us...Matt 26:29 ~ But I say unto you, I will not drink henceforth of this fruit of the vine, until that day when I drink it new with you in my Fathers Kingdom. Do you think that God sits up in heaven on His Throne drinking a nice goblet of Chardonnay lol? NO!! God is ALL Spirit. Jesus became like man but without sin and is going to reign on the earth from the New Jerusalem...with us.

These are the things that we know about the New Jerusalem, not palatial buildings made for our repose.
Well, you are going to be surprised when it decends and it's your home :D

The heaven deal is no biggie as long as we are with our Lord...
I agree with being with the Lord as the most important aspect of all of this...but He does expect each of us to know the truth. If He didn't, He wouldn't have added the New Jerusalem to His Word. It's like your thinking is, as long as I believe that the raptured Saints are in Rev 7 and I don't believe that the New Jerusalem is going to be my eternal home, I'm fine.....2 Tim 2:15 ~ Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.
If you are believing a lie, it's a deception. God and His Word are One (John 1:1)...do you believe what God said?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

zeke37

IMO...
May 24, 2007
✟20,694.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
:eek::eek::eek:
Originally Posted by interpreter
The New Jerusalem is on a new earth where there is no sea. Probably Mars.
Originally Posted by Big Mouth Nana
i 2nd that :doh:

hee hee
i 3rd that
doh.gif
:scratch: :eek:

Upvote 0

B1inHim

LOVE one another
Nov 27, 2004
Cucamonga, Ca
✟10,781.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
In Relationship
The "mansion" is not a building made of hands and set on the land like most buildings... It is what our soul and spirit person resides in after this is all over and dung with.

For some reason there is a problem with this in at least one's understanding, I suppose that is fine. Yet it stands to reason that this is evident that there are NO "mansions" mentioned in the building plans of the New Jerusalam so they are not there and if they are not there then where are they, we are already living in them before the New Jerusalem comes DOWN to the NEW Earth...

Thew "mansions" are for our spirit and soul, they are bodies that will endure eternity...

It is simple...

Upvote 0

B1inHim

LOVE one another
Nov 27, 2004
Cucamonga, Ca
✟10,781.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
In Relationship
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
Originally Posted by interpreter
The New Jerusalem is on a new earth where there is no sea. Probably Mars.
Originally Posted by Big Mouth Nana Originally Posted by brinny
i 2nd that
doh.gif

hee hee
i 3rd that
doh.gif
scratch.gif
eek.gif

Mars is not where we will be nestled, the new earth is where the New Jerusalem will come down to

Upvote 0

B1inHim

LOVE one another
Nov 27, 2004
Cucamonga, Ca
✟10,781.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
In Relationship
John 14:2 (KJV)
In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

In my Fathers House… House=oikia, oy-kee'-ah; from Greek 3624 (oikos); properly residence (abstract), but usually (concrete) an abode (literal or figurative); by implication a family (especially domestics): - home, house (-hold).

There are many “mansions”… mansions=mone, mon-ay'; from Greek 3306 (meno); a staying, i.e. residence (the act or the place): - abode.

John 14:2 (NASB)
"In My Father's house are many dwelling places; if it were not so, I would have told you; for I go to prepare a place for you.

Many dwelling places…

John 14:2 (GW)
My Father's house has many rooms. If that were not true, would I have told you that I'm going to prepare a place for you?

Many rooms…

John 14:2 (Dar)
In my Father's house there are many abodes; were it not so, I had told you: for I go to prepare you a place;

Many abodes…

The dwelling, rooms’, abodes and mansions spoken of here are nothing more than a NEW body for the soul and spirit to reside in, nothing more.

Lord Jesus was not talking about palatial buildings with the man made understandings; they are where our soul and spirit will reside in. Mansions compared to the tabernacle that we reside in now.

Like I said before I am speaking from experience and not interpretation when it comes to this subject…

Yea, I think it meet, as long as I am in this tabernacle, to stir you up by putting you in remembrance; [14] Knowing that shortly I must put off this my tabernacle, even as our Lord Jesus Christ hath showed me.

3438 monh, mone {mon-ay'}
Meaning: 1) a staying, abiding, dwelling, abode 2) to make an (one's) abode 3) metaph. of the God the Holy Spirit indwelling believers
Origin: from 3306; TDNT - 4:579,581; n f

Love
[FONT=&quot]Brother Jerry[/FONT]

Upvote 0

B1inHim

LOVE one another
Nov 27, 2004
Cucamonga, Ca
✟10,781.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Rev. 21:22-27 (KJV)
And I saw no temple therein: for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are the temple of it. [23] And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof. [24] And the nations of them which are saved shall walk in the light of it: and the kings of the earth do bring their glory and honour into it. [25] And the gates of it shall not be shut at all by day: for there shall be no night there. [26] And they shall bring the glory and honour of the nations into it. [27] And there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defileth, neither whatsoever worketh abomination, or maketh a lie: but they which are written in the Lamb's book of life.

The tabernacle in Revelation 21 is the New Jerusalem, not Jesus…It is the New Jerusalem

Rev 21:1Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the old heaven and the old earth had disappeared. And the sea was also gone. 2And I saw the holy city, the new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven like a beautiful bride prepared for her husband.
3I heard a loud shout from the throne, saying, “Look, the home (tabernacle) of God is now among his people! He will live with them, and they will be his people. God himself will be with them.£ 4He will remove all of their sorrows, and there will be no more death or sorrow or crying or pain. For the old world and its evils are gone forever.”

We live in a tabernacle now… the temple that Holy Sprit dwells in today. This temple will be changed in the twinkling of and eye for mortal to immortal… this is the “mansion” effect that is past what we have today.

RE-reading all the floor plans written in Revelation 21 shows no “mansions” and does not even have a temple in it… The Lord is the Temple and His glory is its light. ABSOLUTELY NO BUILDINGS ARE MENTIONED IN THE BUILDING OF THE NEW JERUSALEM AT ALL.

We have to put off this tabernacle in order to be able to stand before God and not be burnt away with His glory; the abode, dwelling or “mansion” is that NEW body that we will get in the resurrection.

There are very few things that this servant knows for sure about when it comes to this life and the one to come and the resurrection is one that was shown in completion. This experience can help others in becoming ready for the change and it could hamper those who are not willing to listen.

I have done my part in as many different ways as possible to show that we get “mansions” for the tabernacles that we live in now, for a dwelling place of our soul and spirit.

The subject of the ruling for the Millennial Sabbath was moot because there is scripture to support that the only ones who rule are those who do not take the mark, worship the B.E.A.S.T. its image and have a testimony in Christ, that which is written cannot be moved.

I hope that anyone who reads this thread is able to glean the Truth from such a small incidental subject as to mansions and that they are nothing more then new abodes for our souls and spirit when we are resurrected.

No matter what, when we finally see the Truth, we will not be disappointed.

This I speak from personal experience and not interpretation.

Love,

Upvote 0

Big Mouth Nana

Post Tribulationist
Sep 9, 2003
Bakersfield,California
Visit site
✟15,590.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
John 14:2 (KJV)
In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

In my Fathers House… House=oikia,oy-kee'-ah; from Greek 3624 (oikos); properly residence (abstract), but usually (concrete) an abode (literal or figurative); by implication a family (especially domestics): - home, house (-hold).

There are many “mansions”… mansions=mone,mon-ay'; from Greek 3306 (meno); a staying, i.e. residence (the act or the place): - abode.

John 14:2 (NASB)
"In My Father's house are many dwelling places; if it were not so, I would have told you; for I go to prepare a place for you.

Many dwelling places…

John 14:2 (GW)
My Father's house has many rooms. If that were not true, would I have told you that I'm going to prepare a place for you?

Many rooms…

John 14:2 (Dar)
In my Father's house there are many abodes; were it not so, I had told you: for I go to prepare you a place;

Many abodes…

The dwelling, rooms’, abodes and mansions spoken of here are nothing more than a NEW body for the soul and spirit to reside in, nothing more.

Lord Jesus was not talking about palatial buildings with the man made understandings; they are where our soul and spirit will reside in. Mansions compared to the tabernacle that we reside in now.

Like I said before I am speaking from experience and not interpretation when it comes to this subject…

Yea, I think it meet, as long as I am in this tabernacle, to stir you up by putting you in remembrance; [14] Knowing that shortly I must put off this my tabernacle, even as our Lord Jesus Christ hath showed me.

3438 monh, mone {mon-ay'}
Meaning: 1) a staying, abiding, dwelling, abode 2) to make an (one's) abode 3) metaph. of the God the Holy Spirit indwelling believers
Origin: from 3306; TDNT - 4:579,581; n f

Love
I give up. It's up to you God to "flip that switch" :bow:That's what happens when you go from one translation to the other. Understanding gets the back seat when it only takes ONE person of the Trinity to give you the truth and turn the light on :idea:

Upvote 0

B1inHim

LOVE one another
Nov 27, 2004
Cucamonga, Ca
✟10,781.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
In Relationship
When we look at the beginning of all that was and is made, we find that God did not make buildings for the people to live in, not before the sin and not after.

He is not going to clutter up the Tabernacle of God with places of repose for His Children, otherwise He would have included them in the building plans, He did not, so they are not there.

We will have no need of palatial buildings to repose in when it comes to the New Jerusalem, what need would we have of them...

Soul and spirit dwelling places is all we need and Lord Jesus in the center of it all...

Palatial buildings are not in the building plans of the New Jerusalem, just in the minds of men and women...

Broaden the boarders of your understanding and let not the minds of men be your final authority in the matter

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,240.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I give up. It's up to you God to "flip that switch" :bow:That's what happens when you go from one translation to the other. Understanding gets the back seat when it only takes ONE person of the Trinity to give you the truth and turn the light on :idea:
:)
Which translation do you or others like? :wave:

http://www.scripture4all.org/

Matthew 23:15 Woe to ye Scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites!
That ye are going about the sea and the dry/xhran <3584> to make one proselyte, and whenever he may be becoming, ye are making him a son of geennhV<1067> twofold-more of ye-selves
33 "Serpents! produce of vipers! how? ye may be fleeing from the judging of the geennhV <1067>

Ezekiel 39:12 And house of Israel bury them so that to purify/cleanse the Land seven months.
And all of people of the Land bury them.
And He becomes to them for a Name, Day of to be glorified Me, declaration of my Lord YHWH. [Revelation 19:17]

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Big Mouth Nana

Post Tribulationist
Sep 9, 2003
Bakersfield,California
Visit site
✟15,590.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Broaden the boarders of your understanding and let not the minds of men be your final authority in the matter
Exactly!! You still didn't explain to me how all of us Saints are going to be wearing streets paved with gold, have foundations with precious stones in them, 12 gates made of Pearl, foundations with the names of the 12 Apostles on them...and of course, the all important verses...Rev 21:22-23 ~ And I saw no temple therein: for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are the temple of it.
23 And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof....TO BAD THAT YOU WILL BE IN HEAVEN ALONE, AS CHRIST WILL BE WITH THE BRIDE ON THE NEW EARTH IN THE NEW J LOL.
You don't have an answer for this do you? Keep in mind that the remnant that are saved during the tribulation are "MORTALS" and will re-populate the new earth. They will still have sex and we won't...I can live with that lol. The nations of the earth and the Kings of the earth do get to enter in...Rev 21:24-26 ~ And the nations of them which are saved shall walk in the light of it: and the kings of the earth do bring their glory and honour into it.
25 And the gates of it shall not be shut at all by day: for there shall be no night there.
26 And they shall bring the glory and honour of the nations into it.
We are the ones living as immortal in the New Jerusalem which is proven by scripture that the remnant don't...Isaiah 65:20-23 ~ There shall be no more thence an infant of days, nor an old man that hath not filled his days: for the child shall die an hundred years old; but the sinner being an hundred years old shall be accursed.
21 And they shall build houses, and inhabit them; and they shall plant vineyards, and eat the fruit of them.
22 They shall not build, and another inhabit; they shall not plant, and another eat: for as the days of a tree are the days of my people, and mine elect shall long enjoy the work of their hands.
23 They shall not labour in vain, nor bring forth for trouble; for they are the seed of the blessed of the LORD, and their offspring with them.
You have to have a teachable Spirit Jerry, and not just accept the orthodoxy of what the church teaches, but what God SAYS!!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

NJBeliever

Apr 29, 2009
New Jersey
✟9,635.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
When we look at the beginning of all that was and is made, we find that God did not make buildings for the people to live in, not before the sin and not after.

He is not going to clutter up the Tabernacle of God with places of repose for His Children, otherwise He would have included them in the building plans, He did not, so they are not there.

We will have no need of palatial buildings to repose in when it comes to the New Jerusalem, what need would we have of them...

Soul and spirit dwelling places is all we need and Lord Jesus in the center of it all...

Palatial buildings are not in the building plans of the New Jerusalem, just in the minds of men and women...

You are right. it does not mention mansions. It's changing the scriptures around to fit one's man-made model of the rapture.

Upvote 0

zeke37

IMO...
May 24, 2007
✟20,694.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I give up.

lol...we all say that.....that's what I said too.....lol
but here I am

It's up to you God to "flip that switch" :bow:That's what happens when you go from one translation to the other. Understanding gets the back seat when it only takes ONE person of the Trinity to give you the truth and turn the light on :idea:
we plant seeds, God grows the seeds

that is your opinion....we don't know either way if there are individual built structures for us...

when we enter into the new eath age, after the Millennium,
we will inhabit it.....gotta live somewhere.

but we as part of the temple, are mentioned.

again, pure speculation on your part...we just do not know

soul and spirit has physical form....not flesh and blood, but physical non the less...

so is the thought of no palatial buldings....we just do not know

you toooooo.

Upvote 0

Big Mouth Nana

Post Tribulationist
Sep 9, 2003
Bakersfield,California
Visit site
✟15,590.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You are right. it does not mention mansions. It's changing the scriptures around to fit one's man-made model of the rapture.
LOL!!! The "rapture" is a man made model big time!!! That word isn't even in the bible, OR even a pre-trib senerio showing it, but yet you like to throw it around a lot :doh:

Upvote 0

Big Mouth Nana

Post Tribulationist
Sep 9, 2003
Bakersfield,California
Visit site
✟15,590.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
lol...we all say that.....that's what I said too.....lol
but here I am

we plant seeds, God grows the seeds

that is your opinion....we don't know either way if there are individual built structures for us...

when we enter into the new eath age, after the Millennium,
we will inhabit it.....gotta live somewhere.

but we as part of the temple, are mentioned.

again, pure speculation on your part...we just do not know

soul and spirit has physical form....not flesh and blood, but physical non the less...

so is the thought of no palatial buldings....we just do not know

you toooooo.
You may not know zeke, but I do. It just stands to reason that if God stated in my house are many mansions that the New Jerusalem is it. Especially in light of the fact of the description and size alone. It's not coming down from heaven for the remnant who build on the earth as proven by scripture, so it has to be for us. Also, John stated that he saw the New J adorned as a bride for her Husband. Who's the brides husband? The Lord of course. I think that Jerry believes that we are going to be like Casper The Friendly Ghost when we are changed and not have substance. We are going to be like Jesus when we are changed. The disciple's could see Jesus, but after the resurrection He entered into the room without coming through the doors lol...John 20:26 ~ And after eight days again his disciples were within, and Thomas with them: then came Jesus, the doors being shut, and stood in the midst, and said, Peace be unto you.
Since Jesus is preparing them, they are for a purpose. Look at it this way. God has a Throne that He sits on, so evidently He likes to sit down sometimes. He must get tired also. He rested on the seventh day after creation. None of us really knows all about God at all....or His purposes or reasons for doing things..even for us ;)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

NJBeliever

Apr 29, 2009
New Jersey
✟9,635.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
LOL!!! The "rapture" is a man made model big time!!! That word isn't even in the bible, OR even a pre-trib senerio showing it, but yet you like to throw it around a lot :doh:

That does not change my point at all. Mansions are never mentioned in the New Earth.

Upvote 0

Big Mouth Nana

Post Tribulationist
Sep 9, 2003
Bakersfield,California
Visit site
✟15,590.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
That does not change my point at all. Mansions are never mentioned in the New Earth.
That doesn't change my point either. Jesus stated, in my Fathers house are many mansions, if it were not so, I would have told you. I guess that is why Christians have been singing about their mansion for many years..Jerry has got to be the only one that I have come across who doesn't believe that he gets one..that he will be one lol. Not sure where you stand?

Upvote 0

Big Mouth Nana

Post Tribulationist
Sep 9, 2003
Bakersfield,California
Visit site
✟15,590.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
There's room for many mansions in the New Jerusalem.
Yeah, especially since I checked this out with what the bible states with the cubits, and it's 1,500 miles 4 square as well as up. Mucho room!!

Upvote 0