Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Did any of them think this was not going to happen?

I mean clearly they don't care
This doesn't turn out well for them.

Willful Trump (and his rabid followers) have them all cowed ...

• Agree
Reactions: ArmenianJohn
Upvote 0

ArmenianJohn

Politically Liberal Christian Fundamentalist
Jan 30, 2013
New Jersey (NYC Metro)
✟205,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I can't have any sympathy or empathy for people who proudly and brazenly flout safety precautions because of their politics and ego and then get sick as a result.

• Agree
Reactions: Fantine
Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟486,828.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I can't have any sympathy or empathy for people who proudly and brazenly flout safety precautions because of their politics and ego and then get sick as a result.
It is almost as if it is a group of people who are so used to being able to bully others because they (or their parents) are rich don't realize that they're not going to avoid a contagious virus by demanding to speak to its manager. Seems to be a bit of a disconnect from reality at play.

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟896,521.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Those people realize that the risk is is low. Over seven million people have had it confirmed and of those just about 215,000 have died ( mostly people who were already older or sick), so I see nothing wrong with "throwing the dice" if you want to call it that. Moreover, we are all mortal, so there is really very little point in worrying about what it ends up being that gets us.

Upvote 0

ArmenianJohn

Jan 30, 2013
New Jersey (NYC Metro)
✟205,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
It is almost as if it is a group of people who are so used to being able to bully others because they (or their parents) are rich don't realize that they're not going to avoid a contagious virus by demanding to speak to its manager. Seems to be a bit of a disconnect from reality at play.
I think you could remove "almost as if" from your post and it would still be accurate. (Same goes for removing "Seems to be")

• Informative
Reactions: KCfromNC
Upvote 0

ArmenianJohn

Jan 30, 2013
New Jersey (NYC Metro)
✟205,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Those people realize that the risk is is low. Over seven million people have had it confirmed and of those just about 215,000 have died ( mostly people who were already older or sick), so I say nothing wrong with "throwing the dice" if you want to call it that. Moreover, we are all mortal, so there is really very little point in worrying about what it ends up being that gets us.
1. How is over 7 million people with it and 215,000 dead in just about half a year a "low" risk? And that's not to mention the extreme measures of closing down huge swaths of the economy and social system taken to reduce the spread. Can you show me another disease which is that risky? Go right ahead - if you can, I'll admit you're right.
2. I can't take someone who never rolls the dice seriously when they say "nothing wrong with throwing the dice".

• Optimistic
Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,524.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
It is interesting when these political clowns put own their show this virus is so contagious.

But when i actually see this in real life, i see for an example. Across the street from my studio there is an office building of engineers and surveyors etc.. (where about 10 to 12 people work)

Who had an employee test positive for this virus, the only way he knew he had it. Was that at the office one day they checked temperatures and his was a little high, so he went and tested positive.

But not a single person in the office came down with the virus, so much for being highly contagious. And i have heard this over and over how one person has it but nobody else around them comes down with the infection.

At the school where i teach 4 students has had the virus, we did not shut down school and no major outbreak etc..

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟896,521.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
1. How is over 7 million people with it and 215,000 dead a "low" risk?
2. I can't take someone who never rolls the dice seriously when they say "nothing wrong with throwing the dice".
How is that low risk well let me see if there are 300+ million people in this country seven million is less than 3% of that ( and remember some people that were tested later were not tested because they were feeling very ill. In some cases they were tested to go back to work. Those are the CONFIRMED cases there are likely millions more that are unconfirmed. A death is a lot more likely to reported tan a recovery as well.

Upvote 0

ArmenianJohn

Jan 30, 2013
New Jersey (NYC Metro)
✟205,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
It is interesting when these political clowns put own their show this virus is so contagious.

But when i actually see this in real life, i see for an example. Across the street from my studio there is an office building of engineers and surveyors etc.. (where about 10 to 12 people work)

Who had an employee test positive for this virus, the only way he knew he had it. Was that at the office one day they checked temperatures and his was a little high, so he went and tested positive.

But not a single person in the office came down with the virus, so much for being highly contagious. And i have heard this over and over how one person has it but nobody else around them comes down with the infection.

At the school where i teach 4 students has had the virus, we did not shut down school and no major outbreak etc..
I know. You and I are on the same page. It's ilke they say drinking and driving kills people. I know a real life example. I've known many people who have driven "drunk" (sometimes the only way they know someone is "drunk" is from a breath test and they aren't even showing ANY signs they have dranken anything). How many of them have got in an accident? NONE. Yet they say it's dangerous. And i have heard this. Over and over. How someone drinks and then drives drunk. Nobody gets killed. Or even hurt. It's just another lie they're telling us to take away my freedom to have a drink while I drive. I know you understand and agree with what I'm saying here.

Upvote 0

ArmenianJohn

Jan 30, 2013
New Jersey (NYC Metro)
✟205,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
How is that low risk well let me see if there are 300+ million people in this country seven million is less than 3% of that ( and remember some people that were tested later were not tested because they were feeling very ill. In some cases they were tested to go back to work.
Compared to all other diseases that's a LOT of people, do you not understand that? Or are you willfully ignoring that to try to make a point that you know you can't make when comparing apples to apples?

Let me know what other disease there is that is as bad or worse. I asked you that originally and you failed to answer it here because you instead tried to convince me that a certain amount of death is OK and that is "low".

Those are the CONFIRMED cases there are likely millions more that are unconfirmed. A death is a lot more likely to reported tan a recovery as well.
This is 100% your opinion and has no value in terms of facts. Please provide some facts along with your sources. I am not (and nobody else is) interested in your guesses which are biased to help you try to prove your unproveable point. CONFIRMED cases and CONFIRMED deaths are going to proportionately under-reported and over-reported, yet you are trying to say that only cases are under-reported because it supports your argument. The problem is you have no evidence of it and not even logic supports it. It's just your fantasy and has no basis in reality whatsoever.

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,524.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
I know. You and I are on the same page. It's ilke they say drinking and driving kills people. I know a real life example. I've known many people who have driven "drunk" (sometimes the only way they know someone is "drunk" is from a breath test and they aren't even showing ANY signs they have dranken anything). How many of them have got in an accident? NONE. Yet they say it's dangerous. And i have heard this. Over and over. How someone drinks and then drives drunk. Nobody gets killed. Or even hurt. It's just another lie they're telling us to take away my freedom to have a drink while I drive. I know you understand and agree with what I'm saying here.

I do not drink (alcohol) , so that is a freedom i do not have worry about losing.

Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,427,997.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

....these "political clowns" as opposed to you making assumptions based on your limited observations?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ArmenianJohn

Jan 30, 2013
New Jersey (NYC Metro)
✟205,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I do not drink (alcohol) , so that is a freedom i do not have worry about losing.
That's fine but you get my point that drinking and driving doesn't kill any people or at least no more than non-drunk driving kills people - you and I have the same agreement on that.

• Haha
Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,524.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
That's fine but you get my point that drinking and driving doesn't kill any people or at least no more than non-drunk driving kills people - you and I have the same agreement on that.

Well if you feel that way about drinking and driving, then vote for a candidate that will support your view. Should not be hard most politicians are drunks.

Upvote 0

A_Thinker

Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
They're all "Karens" ???

Upvote 0

driewerf

a day at the Zoo
Mar 7, 2010
✟260,655.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Those people realize that the risk is is low. Over seven million people have had it confirmed and of those just about 215,000 have died ( mostly people who were already older or sick), so I see nothing wrong with "throwing the dice" if you want to call it that. Moreover, we are all mortal, so there is really very little point in worrying about what it ends up being that gets us.
Wrong on so many counts
  • a higher percentage of older people die, but young people have died too
  • it's not just nothing or dying, a lot of people got sick, really sick
  • Half of the patients who ended in intensive care units suffer still months after the disease, there is fear of life long loss of taste and smell and life long reduced lung capacity, possibly brain dammage ... these are people in their 30's and 40's

Upvote 0

A_Thinker

Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Those people realize that the risk is is low. Over seven million people have had it confirmed and of those just about 215,000 have died ( mostly people who were already older or sick), so I see nothing wrong with "throwing the dice" if you want to call it that.
Except that they also risk the lives of everyone else they come into contact with ...

Upvote 0