Ohio
✟19,636.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I'm not sure that they are much of a problem, compared to the corporations and government agencies and the rich, who oppress the poor daily (like in sodom and gomorrah).
When we are talking about ending gun violence i think we should be addressing a major part of it which is gang activity.

• Agree
Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
History is rich with onslaught when the people are disarmed.
Yet what happened the last fifty or so years? More people die of thirst, medicine, scalpel, and hunger than from guns (in the usa and probably in europe, via ama and fda and cdc websites/statistics) ...

Upvote 0

Need answers

Feb 8, 2020
Ohio
✟19,636.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
When seconds count; the police are only minutes away.
Exactly. I had someone tell me that we dont need guns to protect us, because thats what the police are for. As if we can always call the cops in every situation, and as if they would even get there in time to save us.

• Winner
Upvote 0

Need answers

Feb 8, 2020
Ohio
✟19,636.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Jesus trained disciples to obey the government (as much as possible without disobeying God).
He NEVER says to trust men. (not government, nor false preachers, nor doctors, nor bankers, etc etc etc) (nor lawyers or used car salesmen either) ....
I agree,.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
When we are talking about ending gun violence i think we should be addressing a major part of it which is gang activity.
Let me ask this question then: how many people did gangs kill all together in the last ten years.
Then, in wwI, wwII, vietnam or afghnistan and so forth, how many people were killed each and every year?
'gun' violence is a symptom of society, sick society. But it is only one relatively minor symptom. There are much worse problems for more people from government policies and religion and medicine and so forth , which are daily covered up. (like the artificial tactics used to scare people with diseases?) ....

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Exactly. I had someone tell me that we dont need guns to protect us, because thats what the police are for. As if we can always call the cops in every situation, and as if they would even get there in time to save us.
What about what Scripture (Yahweh) says:
HE sets His angels round about (someone) to protect them/ us/ ....
This is still very true today.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,096,658.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Yet what happened the last fifty or so years? More people die of thirst, medicine, scalpel, and hunger than from guns (in the usa and probably in europe, via ama and fda and cdc websites/statistics) ...

I was looking at some .gov stats about 20 years ago. It might have been the CDC. Anyway, the stats were that you were more likely to be in a boating accident than a shooting accident. You were more likely to be walking on a flat surface, no obstructions, trip, fall, and die. I believe that I mentioned earlier in this thread concerning, warning off predators; that in the vast majority of cases, simply having the gun causes the predator to flee, without a shot being fired. That is not to say that one shouldn't be ready to shoot if necessary. I would not hold a gun unless I was completely ready to use it.

• Agree
Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
That is not to say that one shouldn't be ready to shoot if necessary. I would not hold a gun unless I was completely ready to use it.
I greatly prefer the way of Jesus, as shown throughout the life of Desmond Doss, seen in the movie and maybe in books? > "Conscientious Objector"

Upvote 0

Need answers

Feb 8, 2020
Ohio
✟19,636.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Let me ask this question then: how many people did gangs kill all together in the last ten years.
Then, in wwI, wwII, vietnam or afghnistan and so forth, how many people were killed each and every year?
'gun' violence is a symptom of society, sick society. But it is only one relatively minor symptom. There are much worse problems for more people from government policies and religion and medicine and so forth , which are daily covered up. (like the artificial tactics used to scare people with diseases?) ....
I dont know off hand. But dont you think these gun banners should go protest against gang violence instead of my civil liberties?

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
I dont know off hand. But dont you think these gun banners should go protest against gang violence instead of my civil liberties?
< shrugs > no. They are or may be motivated and following something or involved with that I don't care to find out about or have anything to do with.

IF God the Creator grants you any civil liberties, thank HIM. If He removes them, THANK HIM> don't think it is men making the important decisions as if ...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Need answers

Feb 8, 2020
Ohio
✟19,636.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
What about what Scripture (Yahweh) says:
HE sets His angels round about (someone) to protect them/ us/ ....
This is still very true today.
I use to think like you. With all the politics in church though, and with the religious factions too, its unavoidable for me. Im standing up for my rights like everyone else. They cant have my guns, its about keeping my rights.

• Winner
Upvote 0

Aryeh Jay

Gone and hopefully forgotten.
Site Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟498,114.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married

Also, the police don't have to protect anyone...

Justices Rule Police Do Not Have a Constitutional Duty to Protect Someone

https://scholar.google.com/scholar_...rren-v-district-of-columbia&hl=en&as_sdt=2006

http://decisions.courts.state.ny.us/fcas/fcas_docs/2013JUL/3001010882012002SCIV.pdf

Upvote 0

Need answers

Feb 8, 2020
Ohio
✟19,636.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Sorry to hear you abdicated to the flesh, because others did/do.
Not addicted, fed up. Let me ask you a question. If someone broke into your home, wanted to rape your wife and daughter, and kill them, would you shoot the guy or not?

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Not addicted, fed up. Let me ask you a question. If someone broke into your home, wanted to rape your wife and daughter, and kill them, would you shoot the guy or not?
I'm sorry for you, and think that is an invalid and loaded question with no good answer for you.
I did not say addicted, btw.
'Abdicated' to the flesh means gave in to the (sinful) flesh, instead of standing for the truth no matter the cost (as a martyr: see foxes book of martyrs, online, free for thousands of true examples/ lives devoted to Jesus, martyred) .

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Need answers

Feb 8, 2020
Ohio
✟19,636.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I'm sorry for you, and think that is an invalid and loaded question with no good answer for you.
I did not say addicted, btw.
'Abdicated' to the flesh means gave in to the (sinful) flesh, instead of standing for the truth.
Sorry, my eyes are not so good. My glasses were broken at work.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Sorry, my eyes are not so good. My glasses were broken at work.
I sat on my glasses about 6 years after I was given them to correct my vision.

I went to the eye guy (optometrist?) to receive a new pair of glasses, and he tested my eyes first.

He asked me WHY I wanted glasses and I told him - (to see signs far away, especially clearly , at night, and when driving) otherwise I didn't want to wear them...

Then I asked him WHY he asked me (what seemed like such a sillly question to me - why does anyone go to get glasses? ) ...

SURPRISE ! He told me - my eyes BOTH TESTED 20/20..... (turns out this happens enough it is called 'second vision', but he did not tell me that) .... I still got glasses, but rarely used them, and never any more.... so far.

He said he did not know why some people's vision improves.

I found out later William Bates showed why , to over 40,000 patients/ students/ people of all age groups.

So he was black listed. People can still get 20.20 though, the same way, if they want to, with no drugs and no surgery. (unless damaged)....
Everyone who went to him was helped.

Upvote 0

Need answers

Feb 8, 2020
Ohio
✟19,636.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
'Abdicated' to the flesh means gave in to the (sinful) flesh, instead of standing for the truth no matter the cost (as a martyr: see foxes book of martyrs, online, free for thousands of true examples/ lives devoted to Jesus, martyred) .
Part of me always wondered if we are not obligated to protect our families. If its ok for law enforcement to kill why is it not ok for citizens? Do you believe law enforcement can be christian?

• Winner
Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Part of me always wondered if we are not obligated to protect our families. If its ok for law enforcement to kill why is it not ok for citizens? Do you believe law enforcement can be christian?
It is difficult for anyone, family or law enforcement, to live as Jesus says. Impossible actually - Jesus told His disciples they could not be saved if they trusted in themselves to save themselves. ONLY if they trusted the heavenly Father for their salvation in this life, and in the life to come, could anyone be saved. (Jesus said (paraphrased but true to meaning in perfect harmony with all of God's Word and Plan and Purpose) .

• Agree
Upvote 0

Need answers

Feb 8, 2020
Ohio
✟19,636.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I sat on my glasses about 6 years after I was given them to correct my vision.

I went to the eye guy (optometrist?) to receive a new pair of glasses, and he tested my eyes first.

He asked me WHY I wanted glasses and I told him - (to see signs far away, especially clearly , at night, and when driving) otherwise I didn't want to wear them...

Then I asked him WHY he asked me (what seemed like such a sillly question to me - why does anyone go to get glasses? ) ...

SURPRISE ! He told me - my eyes BOTH TESTED 20/20..... (turns out this happens enough it is called 'second vision', but he did not tell me that) .... I still got glasses, but rarely used them, and never any more.... so far.

He said he did not know why some people's vision improves.

I found out later William Bates showed why , to over 40,000 patients/ students/ people of all age groups.

So he was black listed. People can still get 20.20 though, the same way, if they want to, with no drugs and no surgery. (unless damaged)....
Everyone who went to him was helped.
How?

Upvote 0