Canada
✟19,625.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Having read Christian Forum's "Statement of Faith", let's see if I qualify or if I'm violating forum rules by posting my opinions and beliefs all over the place...
_______
CF Statement of Faith | Christian Forums

The Nicene Creed

We believe in (Romans 10:8-10; 1John 4:15)
ONE God, (Deuteronomy 6:4, Ephesians 4:6)
the Father (Matthew 6:9)
Almighty, (Exodus 6:3)
Maker of Heaven and Earth, (Genesis 1:1)
and of all things visible and invisible. (Colossians 1:15-16)
_______
Agreed
_______
And in ONE Lord Jesus Christ, (Acts 11:17)
the Son of God, (Mathew 14:33; 16:16)
the Only-Begotten, (John 1:18; 3:16)
Begotten of the Father before all ages. (John 1:2)
_______
Agreed.
_______
Light of Light; (Psalm 27:1; John 8:12; Matthew 17:2,5)
True God of True God; (John 17:1-5)
Begotten, not made; (John 1:18)
_______
Agreed
_______
of one essence with the Father (John 10:30)
_______
They are the same.
_______
by whom all things were made; (Hebrews 1:1-2)
_______
By Whome and THROUGH Whome.
_______
Who for us men and for our salvation (1Timothy 2:4-5)
came down from Heaven, (John 6:33,35)
_______
Agreed
_______
and was incarnate of the Holy Spirit and the Virgin Mary, (Luke 1:35)
_______
God's Word, Jesus Christ was born into the flesh of a man. The flesh was not God, yet Christ is God in the flesh of a man. Yes, His flesh was born of a virgin woman and her name was Mary.
_______
and became man. (John 1:14)
_______
God, The Father in Heaven remains God, though became also fully man, as His Word put on through birth the flesh of a man.
_______
And was crucified for us (Mark 15:25; 1Cointhians 15:3)
under Pontius Pilate, (John 19:6)
and suffered, (Mark 8:31)
and was buried. (Luke 23:53; 1Corinthians 15:4)
And the third day He rose again, according to the Scriptures. (Luke 24:1 1Corinthians 15:4)
_______
Agreed
_______
And ascended into Heaven, (Luke 24:51; Acts 1:10)
_______
Literally
_______
and sits at the right hand of the Father. (Mark 16:19; Acts 7:55)
_______
Figure of speech of sorts, referencing "authority" or "command" but agreed.
________
And He shall come again with glory (Matthew 24:27)
to judge the living and the dead; (Acts 10:42; 2Timothy 4:1)
whose Kingdom shall have no end. (2 Peter 1:11)
_______
Agreed
_______
And in the Holy Spirit, (John 14:26)
the Lord, (Acts 5:3-4)
the Giver of Life, (Genesis 1:2)
Who proceeds from the Father; (John 15:26)
Who with the Father and the Son together is worshipped and glorified; (Matthew 3:16-17)
_______
The Holy Spirit is God. Specially, God working in men. I'm not a Trinitarian. I do not believe God is three persons, however much unity one wishes to add to the concept. I have no denomination. I read scripture, and my opinions are irrelevant to what is written.
_______
Who spoke through the prophets. (1 Samuel 19:20 ; Ezekiel 11:5,13) In one, (Matthew 16: 18)
holy, (1 Peter 2:5,9)
catholic*, (Mark 16:15)
and apostolic Church. (Acts 2:42; Ephesians 2:19-22)
_______
Agreed
_______
I acknowledge one baptism for the remission of sins**. (Ephesians 4:5; Acts 2:38)
I look for the resurrection of the dead, (John 11:24; 1Corinthians 15:12-49; Hebrews 6:2; Revelation 20:5)
and the life of the world to come. (Mark 10:29-30)
AMEN
_______
Agreed. Amen!

Let's see, do I qualify to remain here? Am I here called a Christian?

Last edited:
  • Optimistic
Reactions: Halbhh

Tree of Life

Hide The Pain
Feb 15, 2013
✟48,077.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
If you are not a Trinitarian I do not believe it would be accurate to call yourself a Christian. Perhaps "seeker" would be a more appropriate label?

Also some of your affirmations seem to contradict themselves. You say that God became fully man but you deny that the flesh of Jesus was God. Orthodox Christianity (little "o") has always taught that the divine person Jesus Christ has two natures. His human nature is God. His blood is the blood of God (Acts 20:28). Mary is the mother of God. A denial of this would put you outside the bounds of Christian faith.

Welcome to CF!

Upvote 0

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,152,592.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Having read Christian Forum's "Statement of Faith", let's see if I qualify or if I'm violating forum rules by posting my opinions and beliefs all over the place...
_______
CF Statement of Faith | Christian Forums

The Nicene Creed

We believe in (Romans 10:8-10; 1John 4:15)
ONE God, (Deuteronomy 6:4, Ephesians 4:6)
the Father (Matthew 6:9)
Almighty, (Exodus 6:3)
Maker of Heaven and Earth, (Genesis 1:1)
and of all things visible and invisible. (Colossians 1:15-16)
_______
Agreed
_______
And in ONE Lord Jesus Christ, (Acts 11:17)
the Son of God, (Mathew 14:33; 16:16)
the Only-Begotten, (John 1:18; 3:16)
Begotten of the Father before all ages. (John 1:2)
_______
Agreed.
_______
Light of Light; (Psalm 27:1; John 8:12; Matthew 17:2,5)
True God of True God; (John 17:1-5)
Begotten, not made; (John 1:18)
_______
Agreed
_______
of one essence with the Father (John 10:30)
_______
They are the same.
_______
by whom all things were made; (Hebrews 1:1-2)
_______
By Whome and THROUGH Whome.
_______
Who for us men and for our salvation (1Timothy 2:4-5)
came down from Heaven, (John 6:33,35)
_______
Agreed
_______
and was incarnate of the Holy Spirit and the Virgin Mary, (Luke 1:35)
_______
God's Word, Jesus Christ was born into the flesh of a man. The flesh was not God, yet Christ is God in the flesh of a man. Yes, His flesh was born of a virgin woman and her name was Mary.
_______
and became man. (John 1:14)
_______
God, The Father in Heaven remains God, though became also fully man, as His Word put on through birth the flesh of a man.
_______
And was crucified for us (Mark 15:25; 1Cointhians 15:3)
under Pontius Pilate, (John 19:6)
and suffered, (Mark 8:31)
and was buried. (Luke 23:53; 1Corinthians 15:4)
And the third day He rose again, according to the Scriptures. (Luke 24:1 1Corinthians 15:4)
_______
Agreed
_______
And ascended into Heaven, (Luke 24:51; Acts 1:10)
_______
Literally
_______
and sits at the right hand of the Father. (Mark 16:19; Acts 7:55)
_______
Figure of speech of sorts, referencing "authority" or "command" but agreed.
________
And He shall come again with glory (Matthew 24:27)
to judge the living and the dead; (Acts 10:42; 2Timothy 4:1)
whose Kingdom shall have no end. (2 Peter 1:11)
_______
Agreed
_______
And in the Holy Spirit, (John 14:26)
the Lord, (Acts 5:3-4)
the Giver of Life, (Genesis 1:2)
Who proceeds from the Father; (John 15:26)
Who with the Father and the Son together is worshipped and glorified; (Matthew 3:16-17)
_______
The Holy Spirit is God. Specially, God working in men. I'm not a Trinitarian. I do not believe God is three persons, however much unity one wishes to add to the concept. I have no denomination. I read scripture, and my opinions are irrelevant to what is written.
_______
Who spoke through the prophets. (1 Samuel 19:20 ; Ezekiel 11:5,13) In one, (Matthew 16: 18)
holy, (1 Peter 2:5,9)
catholic*, (Mark 16:15)
and apostolic Church. (Acts 2:42; Ephesians 2:19-22)
_______
Agreed
_______
I acknowledge one baptism for the remission of sins**. (Ephesians 4:5; Acts 2:38)
I look for the resurrection of the dead, (John 11:24; 1Corinthians 15:12-49; Hebrews 6:2; Revelation 20:5)
and the life of the world to come. (Mark 10:29-30)
AMEN
_______
Agreed. Amen!

Let's see, do I qualify to remain here? Am I here called a Christian?

Welcome here, sister in Christ. Praise be to our Redeemer.

• Friendly
Reactions: Zetetica
Upvote 0

Zetetica

Jan 2, 2019
Canada
✟19,625.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If you are not a Trinitarian I do not believe it would be accurate to call yourself a Christian. Perhaps "seeker" would be a more appropriate label?

Also some of your affirmations seem to contradict themselves. You say that God became fully man but you deny that the flesh of Jesus was God. Orthodox Christianity (little "o") has always taught that the divine person Jesus Christ has two natures. His human nature is God. His blood is the blood of God (Acts 20:28). Mary is the mother of God. A denial of this would put you outside the bounds of Christian faith.

Welcome to CF!

His blood was what was offered in stead of our lives. Is His blood literally divine? His sacrifice was and is, which in turn makes His blood sacrifice divine as well. His flesh though? It was the flesh of a man, and while it was divinely born, it still is the flesh of a man, however perfect.

I'm not denying Christ's divinity at all here. I'm explaining how I view the matter.

Now, you have said that because I'm NOT Trinitarian, I'm not Christian? That's downright disturbing, since I did hold a Trinitarian view of God until it was revealed otherwise to me, and I do believe God orchestrated that revelation.

Reactions: RBPerry
Upvote 0

Royals IS

May 20, 2017
Western Michigan
✟28,256.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
His blood was what was offered in stead of our lives. Is His blood literally divine? His sacrifice was and is, which in turn makes His blood sacrifice divine as well. His flesh though? It was the flesh of a man, and while it was divinely born, it still is the flesh of a man, however perfect.

I'm not denying Christ's divinity at all here. I'm explaining how I view the matter.

Now, you have said that because I'm NOT Trinitarian, I'm not Christian? That's downright disturbing, since I did hold a Trinitarian view of God until it was revealed otherwise to me, and I do believe God orchestrated that revelation.
Hmmm...interesting point of view, I will have to look into that..

Upvote 0

Zetetica

Jan 2, 2019
Canada
✟19,625.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hmmm...interesting point of view, I will have to look into that..

After Adam and Eve sinned, God sacrificed two animals and made skins for them. This sacrifice was surely for their sin, else they would have died then and there. Blood atonement for the sins of men and women has been practiced since then, continuing with Abel. It ended or should have ended with Christ's blood sacrifice. There should now be no more sacrifices of flesh and blood for sin.

Upvote 0

Tutorman

Charismatic Episcopalian
Jun 20, 2017
california
✟103,246.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Welcome to the forum

As far as CF you can not post in the Christian section and on a personal note God did not reveal that but Satan did. God is three in one

Upvote 0

Zetetica

Jan 2, 2019
Canada
✟19,625.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Welcome to the forum

As far as CF you can not post in the Christian section and on a personal note God did not reveal that but Satan did. God is three in one

:worried: Why should I even be here then?

You claim Satan has done this thing? Did Satan also take me out of over a decade of bondage to him as a Satanist and turn me to Christ? Was that Satan's work?

Because I don't follow a man made doctrine (Trinitarian) or any other, and trust only scripture, I'm not Christian? Even though I fully confess Jesus Christ to be Lord? To be my saviour? To be God? Really?! :sweat:

Upvote 0

Tutorman

Charismatic Episcopalian
Jun 20, 2017
california
✟103,246.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
:worried: Why should I even be here then?

Shrug, don't know

You claim Satan has done this thing? Did Satan also take me out of over a decade of bondage to him as a Satanist and turn me to Christ? Was that Satan's work?

Because I don't follow a man made doctrine (Trinitarian) or any other, and trust only scripture, I'm not Christian? Even though I fully confess Jesus Christ to be Lord? To be my savior? To be God? Really?! :sweat:

The Holy Trinity is not man made, the idea of non trinity is. That is the problem when one uses Sola Scriptura they become their own authority and wonder easily into heresy like non trinity and Satan loves lies like non trinity

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Zetetica

Jan 2, 2019
Canada
✟19,625.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Shrug, don't know

The Holy Trinity is not man made, the idea of non trinity is. That is the problem when one uses Sola Scriptura they become their own authority and wonder easily into heresy like non trinity and Satan loves lies like non trinity

I don't dare believe what traditions of men say about scripture. I read it for myself, I research, I check translations, I compare Bible versions and verses. I seek God's guidance when I'm confused.

Do you know how confusing the Trinity was for me, even when I believed it? God doesn't author confusion. I sought understanding and God lead me right. He has done this with many matters now. First, leading me away from being obsessed with "red pills" and keeping my eyes on Christ, to instilling in me a gentle spirit, rather than the spirit of anger and condemnation I had before. He's guided me and has changed me and my life; the evidence for me is undeniable.

Am I Christian? YES! I am! I believe the Bible is God's perfectly inspired word, preserved in the Authorized King James Bible for all men and through time.

Who in the world are you to declare I'm not Christian and that it's Satan who moves and guides me, rather than God?

• Agree
Reactions: MatthewG27
Upvote 0

Tutorman

Charismatic Episcopalian
Jun 20, 2017
california
✟103,246.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Who in the world are you to declare I'm not Christian and that it's Satan who moves and guides me, rather than God?

Never said you were not a Christian, as far as CF goes you may not be considered such because of your heretical non trinitarian belief but you need to check with a mod to make sure. On a personal level yes I do believe Satan guided you into such a heretical belief.

Upvote 0

Zetetica

Jan 2, 2019
Canada
✟19,625.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Never said you were not a Christian, as far as CF goes you may not be considered such because of your heretical non trinitarian belief. On a personal level yes I do believe Satan guided you into such a heretical belief.

So, CF is a Trinitarian only forum?

Upvote 0

Tutorman

Charismatic Episcopalian
Jun 20, 2017
california
✟103,246.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Zetetica

Jan 2, 2019
Canada
✟19,625.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Most likely here I believe Questions about CF also if you go to the front page and you are on a computer the side bar has the mods online and you can private message them
Thank you for your hospitality. I have decided I am making a ticket to close my account and delete my content. There is no point in me being here, since I'm not considered Christian to CF and can't freely post where I wish to because of this fact.

I wish you well, all of you. Let us part on good terms and carry on with the Great Commission.

Farewell.

Upvote 0

Radagast

comes and goes
Supporter
Dec 10, 2003
✟312,047.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm not a Trinitarian.

Welcome to CF. :wave:

However, as a non-Trinitarian, you should take note of this part of the rules: "Faith groups and individuals that deny the full, eternal deity of Jesus Christ or His incarnation whereby He, as God, took on human flesh (becoming fully God and fully man in one person), are considered non-Christians at CF. Posts that deny the full, eternal deity of Jesus Christ or His incarnation are considered non-Christian theology and are not allowed in "Christians Only" forums. Discussions in all "Christians Only" forums must be in alignment with Trinitarian beliefs."

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.