• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.

Statement by President George W. Bush

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by public hermit, Jun 3, 2020.

1. public hermit

public hermit social troglodyte Supporter

+3,415
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    US-Others
    "...Many doubt the justice of our country, and with good reason. Black people see the repeated violation of their rights without an urgent and adequate response from American institutions. We know that lasting justice will only come by peaceful means. Looting is not liberation, and destruction is not progress. But we also know that lasting peace in our communities requires truly equal justice. The rule of law ultimately depends on the fairness and legitimacy of the legal system. And achieving justice for all is the duty of all.

This will require a consistent, courageous, and creative effort. We serve our neighbors best when we try to understand their experience. We love our neighbors as ourselves when we treat them as equals, in both protection and compassion. There is a better way — the way of empathy, and shared commitment, and bold action, and a peace rooted in justice. I am confident that together, Americans will choose the better way."

Statement by President George W. Bush | Bush Center

I didn't think G.W. Bush was all that great a president. Now, he is a calm voice of wisdom and reason in a leadership vacuum. It's strange, but I miss him.

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. FireDragon76

FireDragon76 Well-Known Member Supporter

+11,595
    United States
    Other Religion
    Legal Union (Other)
    US-Democrat
    He had a flawed vision for the world, but neoliberals are still liberals, and hence, more progressive than fascism or nationalism.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  3. Desk trauma

Desk trauma Atheist Capitalist Supporter

+7,413
    United States
    Atheist
    Private
    US-Others
    There was a somewhat common bumpersticker during his administration that read "I never thought I would miss Nixon" I now understand and am right there with them.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  4. TLK Valentine

TLK Valentine You will be who you will be. We are our choices.

+21,499
    Agnostic
    Single
    Everything is relative -- he was certainly an improvement over what we're currently saddled with.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  5. Evan Jellicoe

Evan Jellicoe Well-Known Member

+827
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Democrat
    I voted for Bush, and McCain, and Romney. I didn't vote for the Democratic candidate until 2016. But one thing that was a special positive for Bush was that he said right out loud that he called himself a "compassionate conservative," which is how I describe myself in terms of my personal values and conduct. I believed, as Bush said he believed, that a conservative approach was actually the best way to help the poor.
    A large part of what convinced me to change my vote is that I slowly came to see that there seem to be way too many conservatives--including a lot of Bible-believing Christians--who actually have no compassion at all. They are all about law and money, and they have no use for "losers." They say that the poor are poor because they deserve it, and that if they would just come to Jesus and do what He says everything would be alright for them. When I finally realized that a rising tide does not lift all boats, that was when I decided to side with the party that values the welfare of all people above money and above the preservation of the "good ol' days" (which weren't really all that good).

Last edited: Jun 3, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List