Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
State Department provided 'clearly false' statements to derail requests for Clinton docs, 'shocked' federal judge says

Hillary Clinton's top security clearance is withdrawn in wake of email investigation.

In a combative exchange at a hearing Friday in Washington, D.C., a federal judge unabashedly accused career State Department officials of lying and signing "clearly false" affidavits to derail a series of lawsuits seeking information about former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton's private email server and her handling of the 2012 terrorist attack on the U.S. Consulate in Benghazi, Libya.

Petros2015

Jun 23, 2016
undisclosed Bunker
✟289,635.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Hillary Clinton's top security clearance is withdrawn in wake of email investigation.

Bob, is that true? I am seeing other articles that say it was withdrawn at her request, somewhat in protest of Trump's withdrawing security clearences from others who he found to be politically problematic.

Side note - I'm not a Hillary fan, I just feel like "withdrawn in wake of email investigation" may be misleading.

Clinton's request came after retired Navy Adm. William McRaven, the man who oversaw the 2011 Navy SEAL raid that killed Osama bin Laden, wrote an op-ed in The Washington Post issuing a stunning rebuke of President Donald Trump's decision to revoke the security clearance of former CIA Director John Brennan, Clinton's spokesperson tweeted Friday night.

In the op-ed, published in August, McRaven defended the former spy chief as "one of the finest public servants I have ever known," and volunteered to have his own security clearance revoked in an act of solidarity.

"Secretary Clinton has great respect for Admiral McRaven," her spokesperson, Nick Merrill, tweeted Friday. "She read this message & decided to take the step of voluntarily withdrawing her security clearance, which she maintained after leaving her post as Secretary of State to write her book, customary for former Secretaries."

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,108,623.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
State Department provided 'clearly false' statements to derail requests for Clinton docs, 'shocked' federal judge says

In a combative exchange at a hearing Friday in Washington, D.C., a federal judge unabashedly accused career State Department officials of lying and signing "clearly false" affidavits to derail a series of lawsuits seeking information about former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton's private email server and her handling of the 2012 terrorist attack on the U.S. Consulate in Benghazi, Libya.
Where in this article does it mention Clinton's security clearance, I can't find it?

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,108,623.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I found that link somewhere in the article and it talks about it under Clinton's picture??
M-Bob
When following the link below the picture it is a news clip from FoxNews that says Clinton requested that her security clearance be terminated Aug. 31, 2018. It doesn't say why she made that request.
It would seem, according to FoxNews, that post #2 in this thread is accurate.

Upvote 0