Florida
✟17,043.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The best place to start your discipleship, subsequent to being born again, is to do 3 things.

1. Keep your mind on Christ, and learn to praise God and study Paul's epistles.

Start your morning prayers like this........and do this every day.

"Good morning Father, Good morning Jesus, Good morning Holy Spirit, you are welcome here".
Start like that, and remember, .. prayer is just talking to Daddy. God is your Father.

Paul told you something very important in every verse He ever wrote, and one is..>"come boldly to the throne of Grace and find HELP".......and that means to understand that God is always happy to hear from you.
He is never angry with you. He is only wanting one main thing from you....Reader.
God just wants you to love Him back. Just love Him Back, and that is PRAYER and PRAISE when it is ALIVE and REAL.

Also, God is pleased by our faith, much much much more than by our trying to be good.
'"without FAITH it is impossible to please God."".
Faith is developed by praise and keeping expectations in your heart of God's resolutions = as your faith, vs......asking Him to answer the same prayer, 234 times.
Trust me, He knew what you were going to ask for, everytime you do, before you were born.
No need to keep asking...... Just ask BELIEVING, and then give it to Him, step away, and stay in expectation of the solution, as that is real faith.
The prayer of Faith is perfected expectation... Its the knowing that God will do it not based on you, but based on God's Goodness. See, its God's own will that He answer your prayers.
No begging required. Just BELIEVE.
-------------------------------------------------------------------

2.) Live each day knowing you are going to eventually meet Jesus, and Jesus is going to ask you....>"What have you done in my Body". What did you do for me, after you were saved, and from that day till NOW. ?????
See that?
That is your discipleship being examined by Jesus THE Christ.
Discipleship....is what you do for God and Christ, not to be saved, not to stay saved.... but because you are saved.

3.) Find a good New Testament Teacher.

What does "good" mean?
It means to understand who isn't.
See, it like this..

The only real NT Teacher is a servant of Jesus and a disciple of Paul.
Paul said.>"be a follower of ME, as i follow Christ".
He is the "apostle to the gentiles". He wrote most of the NT. We are currently in the "time of the Gentiles".
You want revelation, you go to Paul.
You want your doctrine straight, you go to Paul.
You want this and it not take a long time? Then you find a good NT Teacher.
If you find a bad one, and they lead you into the ever deepening waters of self deception, then it can be very difficult for even a experienced teacher to get you back into the Light.
You would have to leave your church, and stay away from all that, to even begin to find your way back to the Light being led there by a good teacher.
That's difficult, as people are extremely devoted to their denomination , most of the time.
Reader, did you ever realize that there are no denominations in Heaven?
So, find a good Teacher, and get your Pauline Theology together, and then the heretics can't ruin your faith on a Forum, or from a Pulpit, which can literally ruin your life if they deceive you.

Real Teachers, give The Cross all the Credit.
Listen for this....and when you are hearing....."do this, do that", keep this, keep that law, commandments, self effort, God only saves some..... self effort, self effort, self effort"""" you are not listening to a person who God called to Teach, Preach, Evangelize, Pastor, or be a Missionary.
God does not call Cross Rejectors into His service.
Believe it.

A real Teacher is Paul....who said..."i do all things through CHRIST", as that is the only way to do it perfectly.

A false Teacher says..>"Yes, Christ started my salvation, but now i have to finish it....i have to do, and do, and do, and law, and law, and commandments, and SELF SELF SELF SELF RIGHTEOUSNESS".

Learn to HEAR this, Reader..... and then you'll never become the wrong person in this verse.... Hebrews 13:9

Notice this verse carefully.

• Informative
Reactions: mikeforjesus

mikeforjesus

Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2004
✟577,484.00
Faith
Christian
I believe you are right I need to submit myself to Christ so that I can receive Him in my heart and for Him to dwell in my heart that I may know Him better that I may be able to be a more helpful disciple but I don’t think I need to leave attending a church but make sure I have a relationship with God myself and seek the support of other believers to ensure I am following and to grow as a disciple. I do not agree that believers who were saved can never lose their salvation one is required to endure to end and if one is not following Christ and keeping His commandments now one could miss opportunity to be saved as it is not promised a person will live to repent

Upvote 0

Sidon

May 13, 2021
Florida
✟17,043.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I believe you are right I need to submit myself to Christ so that I can receive Him in my heart and for Him to dwell in my heart that I may know Him better that I may be able to be a more helpful disciple but I don’t think I need to leave attending a church but make sure I have a relationship with God myself and seek the support of other believers to ensure I am following and to grow as a disciple. I do not agree that believers who were saved can never lose their salvation one is required to endure to end and if one is not following Christ and keeping His commandments now one could miss opportunity to be saved as it is not promised a person will live to repent

Its interesting that you say that you are not submitted, and you understand you need Jesus to dwell in your heart.
Yet, you are certain that you can lose your salvation.

My point is....you've been taught to believe this, and its not true.
You're the victim of someone who believes what you have been taught.
And this explains why its so very very important to read this verse, and not become one of those its warning you against.
Hebrews 13:9.
The verse teaches you how to NOT become on of those.

So, a good teacher can protect you from people who will try to deceive you, using a bible verse, or a pulpit.

Satan is real.
His ministers sound like, real christians, and you have to be able to discern them, or they will ruin your faith.

Upvote 0

mikeforjesus

Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2004
✟577,484.00
Faith
Christian
I think a person can lose his salvation because he can choose to walk away or not wish to carry his cross but I have heard it would be very hard because I have heard Christ would keep you persevering and if you have been saved God would ensure if you get lost you would always know the way back but I think the verse He who began a good work in you will complete it to day of Jesus Christ means Christ will not leave person without guidance if he continues in Him and one still has to choose to follow Christ so if one is not he risks not being saved I believe people have to choose to abide in Christ to ensure they have chance to be saved for Christ to help them to His will He will complete it if you abide in Him one must not allow the good seed to be choked by world

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Sidon

May 13, 2021
Florida
✟17,043.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think a person can lose his salvation because he can choose to walk away

Can you stop being born?
So, thats the final answer.

Imagine telling your mother, " i dont want to be born"....... So, does that change it?

Now say the same thing to God regarding being BORN again.

In both cases, the Mother, and God, will just look at you as if you have lost your mind.

Think on that.

See, once you are born again, you are always born again.
You can't stop being BORN.

Upvote 0

mikeforjesus

Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2004
✟577,484.00
Faith
Christian
Yes you maintain your free will to choose whether you will remain a child of God you choose whether you will be adopted by God He accepts you as His child He makes you one because you are seeking to accept Him as your God and Father to live a life that shows you really are His child that you love Him by seeking to do His will. All those who were once children grafted in have to persevere and do His will otherwise they can be cut off the danger is only for those who fall away who live in sin who are purposely not seeking to do His will if they are living in sin they may be punished without opportunity to repent whoever has opportunity can be a child of God if he accepts God but it is not guaranteed one will have opportunity if one delays one may not deserve opportunity

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Sidon

May 13, 2021
Florida
✟17,043.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes you maintain your free will to choose whether you will remain a child of God you choose whether you will be adopted by God He accepts you as His child He makes you one because you are seeking to accept Him as your God and Father to live a life that shows you really are His child that you love Him by seeking to do His will. All those who were once children grafted in have to persevere and do His will otherwise they can be cut off the danger is only for those who fall away who live in sin who are purposely not seeking to do His will if they are living in sin they may be punished without opportunity to repent whoever has opportunity can be a child of God if he accepts God but it is not guaranteed one will have opportunity if one delays one may not deserve opportunity

Salvation is God saving you.

Discipleship is you living your life for God because He did.

Upvote 0

mikeforjesus

Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2004
✟577,484.00
Faith
Christian
God saves you initially when you come to faith in Christ to know why He came He makes you alive when you were dead in your trespasses and sins and puts Holy Spirit in you to understand the bible which you need to read to have understanding of His will. If a person knew the truth and did not carry his cross it means he did not care for his salvation we can not judge the sinners who are not punished but if they don’t repent today many of them may not be given opportunity God is able to do what He wants with His own things if He thinks person did not get all his chances if person turns while he has opportunity he can be saved.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mikeforjesus

Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2004
✟577,484.00
Faith
Christian
All who are followers of Christ are disciples if you are not disciples now then you are not repenting and you may not be given opportunity to repent later so you should be one now

The Way of Sanctification | From the MLJ Archive with Dr. Martyn Lloyd-Jones

Martin loyd Jones believes that you don’t work to earn salvation but if you have been saved works should be the evidence you are saved that one fruit is you will continue to work to progress to sanctification but I don’t believe salvation is automatic but you must work out your salvation

Last edited:
Upvote 0