Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2005
Glasgow , Scotland
✟1,297,430.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Today, in the East, is known as Forgiveness Sunday .

Traditionally during Vespers the priest will ask forgiveness of his parishioners for any hurt , or offence he has caused them - they in their turn will say that God forgives as they do.

Then each person present also asks forgiveness of the others. Even the young people take part in this Service of Forgiveness Vespers. A Priest I know well, says it is a very humbling experience when he has to ask forgiveness of a young child and is then told by the child that he forgives him.

In that spirit .........

My brothers and sisters

If I have caused you hurt or offended you , by my words or implied words , or my deeds , I ask your pardon and forgiveness.

Please pray for me a sinner

Anhelyna

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,670,073.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Traditionally during Vespers the priest will ask forgiveness of his parishioners for any hurt , or offence he has caused them - they in their turn will say that God forgives as they do.

Then each person present also asks forgiveness of the others. Even the young people take part in this Service of Forgiveness Vespers. A Priest I know well, says it is a very humbling experience when he has to ask forgiveness of a young child and is then told by the child that he forgives him.

In that spirit .........

My brothers and sisters

If I have caused you hurt or offended you , by my words or implied words , or my deeds , I ask your pardon and forgiveness.

Anhelyna
Aw, I love this. :) I ask the same from any I have offended. And ask for prayers also. Lord knows I need them.

Reactions: pdudgeon
Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,670,073.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
God forgives as in my turn, I do also.
I as well. My issue is real life stuff. I mean, trying to make things right and constantly getting stomped on and rejected leaves one a bit befuddled. I think I need to talk to a priest.

Reactions: pdudgeon
Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,237,432.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity

In that spirit .........

My brothers and sisters

Anhelyna
You never have. But if you had I would forgive you anyhow. I will pray that you find forgiveness everywhere you need it. I ask pardon for my many bad habits of mind which cause me to be abrasive.

Upvote 0

pdudgeon

Traditional Catholic
Site Supporter
In Memory Of
Aug 4, 2005
South East Virginia, US
✟493,233.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican

In that spirit .........

My brothers and sisters

Anhelyna

what a nice tradition! thanks for telling us about this. (hug).

Upvote 0