Rio Oso
✟27,367.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Separated
Great wines come from overstressing grapes, diamonds come from coal placed under enormous pressure, and a sword requires intense amounts of heat and a lot of forceful pounding before it becomes an elite weapon. This is how in the same way that warriors are born as the saying goes “You run the first half with your legs, the second half with your mind”. So I encourage anyone trying to get in shape to push yourself through the pain and discomfort. Self doubt is the only thing holding you back.

“When you are going through hell, keep going” - Winston Churchill

Study titled: this is how long it takes your body to fall out of shape when you stop exercising.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cn...xX8rZYtHwie78I-XrHFwwtXshfsqwyjJdcSnzVJYMAmuI

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,256,962.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Politics
US-Democrat
It's important not to overdo it... there are limits to how much hormetically controlled systems in the body can cope with stress.

Pain should not be part of normal, healthy exercise. If you are experiencing delayed-onset muscle soreness, that is a sign of an inflammatory condition in your body and it could be the sign of bigger underlying health problems. Stress doesn't have to mean "pain". I used to suffer from this problem myself, until I changed my diet to one that was less inflammatory.

I would not describe a marathon runner as necessarily being "in peak physical fitness", if by "fitness", you mean health. You can't outrun a heart attack, as they say. There have been several high-profile marathon runners that have died suddenly from heart attacks. Most people would be better served by walking and incorporated more non-exercises related movement in their lifestyles. Some of the longest-lived people in the world, such as the Nicoyans of Costa Rica, or the Ikarians of Greece, do not exercise at all. But they do stay physically active

Last edited:
Upvote 0