Hebrews 13:13
Mar 10, 2013
In God's Hand
✟16,186.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
**Disclaimer; I do not have any rights to the characters or storyline of Stargate SG-1 TV series. My representation of said characters may not be in conformity to the actual characters in the series, but, oh well.**

"Interesting..." Teal'c replied.

"What's interesting?" came the sudden irritated reply of Colonel Jack O'Neal as he stood in the doorway from the hallway to Daniel's study at Stargate Headquarters. He was walking by when Teal'c had said that, but Jack did not like what he was seeing in the room.

In front of Daniel Jackson was an open Bible on his desk. With Daniel being an atheist, and Teal'c having a "quiet" bigotry towards all beings considered as "gods", he was not liking what he was seeing in the room.

Samantha Carter came up behind Jack to see what had set Jack off, and dreaded what was coming. "Hey, Colonel! I heard there may be some peach cobbler left in the Mess Hall! Let's go grab some before it's all gone!" Her announcement in her attempt to divert another argument between Jack & Daniel was futile as Jack answered her by ignoring what she had said and by stepping further into the room. She followed him in.

Teal'c knew full well the animosity that Jack has towards Daniel in regards to his atheism, and so he did not wish to answer the inquiry.

"Daniel?" Jack inquired. "What did you just shared with Teal'c from the Bible that he has found interesting?"

"Just another contradiction found in all the Bibles that are out there," Daniel replied plainly.

Jack nodded his head in irritation as he weighed whethor or not to engage further on with this inquiry or not. He knew that he would not get anywhere with Daniel, but he did not want his atheism to turn Teal'c into one. Granted, he was not a believer in any "god" at the moment, but he did not want Daniel to settle Teal'c's mind into not seeking God at all.

"There is no contradiction in the King James Bible, Daniel. If you want to know which one is the reliable Bible for the actual meaning of His words, then you best show that contradiction but only in the King James Bible," Jack stated plainly in return.

"How convenient..." Daniel retorted as he closed the Bible he was using on his desk and looked at the computer screen instead.

As Daniel typed on the keyboard and operated his mouse to initiate a transfer from web page to another, Jack inquired further, "What is the contradiction that Teal'c has found interesting?"

"Well, Jack," Daniel began,"I was addressing Romans 8:27 in how all the Bibles are NOT in agreement on what is being said there. Like in the NIV, it is the Spirit that intercedes for the saints in according to the will of God, and it says the same thing in the Message Bible, sort of, but the New Living Translation or the NLT says it is the Father that knows all things," Daniel pasued as he looked at the computer screen and replied, "I do not see any difference in the King James Version."

"I believe the KJV retains the pronoun "he" without switching it out to "the Spirit" in verse 27 as the NIV does," Jack recalled and pointed out.

Daniel nodded his head and agreed, "I see that. So what?"

"That "he" is referring to Jesus Christ, the Son of God, as being the One that intercedes for the saints in according to the will of God," Jack announced.

Daniel looked at the screen and was taken aback by this conclusion, "How do you figure? There is no reference to the Son of God in relations to the use of the pronoun "he" in that verse."

Jack took in a deep breath and let it out slowly as he replied patiently, "The reference has been given by identifying the pronoun "he" as being the One that searches our hearts which is the Word of God, Jesus Christ the Son of God. It is clarified and confirmed by scripture in Hebrews 4:12-16."

Daniel raised an eyebrow and then type in a search at Bible Gateway for Hebrews 4:12-16 in the KJV. "Okay....I see that. A bit of a stretch."

"No, it is not. It is confirmed just a few more verses down in Romans 8:34 that the "he" is referring to Jesus Christ the Son of God."

Daniel flipped back and clicked on the whole chapter, scrolling down past verses 27 to see that verse 34 was as Jack said. "Well, my whole point to Teal'c was that not only that all Bibles are not in agreement, but the NIV had a grammatical error by switching out the "he" in verse 27 with "the Spirit". Daniel started throwing his hands around, "I mean, come on! How can the "he" that is seperate from us in searching our hearts and separate from the Spirit in knowing the mind of, be the conclusion of the Spirit as the One that intercedes for the saints in according to the will of God" in that verse?" Daniel pulled up on his computer screen of Strong's Concordance showing the Greek texts mirroring the scripture in English, and pointed at the screen in motivating Jack to make his way around the deak to see, "And on top of that, the Greek text at the end of verse 26 which is "alaletos" means unspeakable! The absurdity is that the Holy Spirit cannot make or give His own intercessions is a conundrum in and of itself!"

Then Daniel saw Jack giving the facial expression that what Daniel had said still only proves Jack's point, and so he had thought about it and realized it too, "....which would be why Jesus is knowing the mind of the Spirit so the intercessions of the Spirit can be known to the Father."

Jack chimed in, "That is why "itself" was used in the KJV and not "Himself" as all other modern Bibles has it as. The Son of God knowing the mind of the Spirit is how the unspeakable intercessions of the Spirit's are made known to the Father in Heaven." Jack made his way back around to the front of Daniel's desk.

O'Neal," Teal'c addressed with his inquiry, "are you saying before I make a judgment about anything regarding christianity, I should check with this KJV?"

Jack nodded, "Yes, Teal'c. The KJV which is the King James Version is the reliable Bible if you want the actual meaning of His words in getting to know my God."

As Teal'c pondered that for his own personal assessment, Daniel protested, "Jack. I fail to see how you can rely on any Bible when His own words promised that they would be preserved for His followers."

"Daniel," Jack sighed before continuing, "Jesus testified in John 14:23 that those that loved Him would keep His words. Then Jesus prophesied in John 14:24 that the Father forewarned that those that did not love Him will not keep His words. In John 15:20, Jesus even prophesied that just as He has been persecuted, so will His disciples by not keeping their sayings either. So yes, God promised to preserve His words for His followers, but He also prophesied the need for discernment because there will be those that did not love Him, and they will not have kept His words. That means there will be at least One Bible keeping His words whereas other Bibles will not be. His followers shall be able to trust the Lord Jesus Christ as their Good Shepherd to discern and know which Bible is keeping His words as proof of loving Him and His words as any disciple of Him would."

"Still..." Daniel reflected on a previous revelation by Jack, "why can't the Holy Spirit give His own intercessions? Isn't He God?"

"Yes, the Holy Spirit is God, but no, He cannot give His own intercessions for two reasons. There can be only One Mediator between God and man, specified as the man Christ Jesus in 1 Timothy 2:5. That means it is His job to always make intercessions for us as testified in Hebrews 7:25. The reason why only He can give ours intercessions and the Spirit's intercessions to the Father is because when the Father says "Yes", to any one of our intercessions, the Son answers our prayers so that the Father may be glorified in the Son as testified in John 14:13-14."

That's one reason, "Daniel was acting smug, "what's the other reason?"

"In John 16:13-15," Jack referenced as Daniel pulls it up on his computer screen, "the Holy Spirit cannot speak of Himself, because whatever He hears, that is what He speaks. The Spirit of Christ will always relay the words of Christ to us because the Son of God is our Good Shepherd in leading us through the Holy Spirit in us. He cannot speak on His own accord or have His own words apart from the Son or the Father to speak. That means he cannot pray either."

"So all of these believers speaking in tongues as a prayer language..." Daniel asked as if to stop Jack in his track.

"....are not testing the spirits as all believers were warned about in 1 John 4:1 nor are they testing the tongues they bring as not being of Him, but found in the world as testified in 1 John 4:5-6. There are familiar spirits in the world that brings supernatural tongues that are just babbling nonsense as testified in Isaiah 8:19." It is because of that, believers can know for sure God's gift of tongues are only of other men's lips to speak unto the people as explained by Paul in 1 Corinthians 14:21."

"But that is not the majority of opinions out there, Jack," Daniel replied, "surely all of these modern Bibles cannot be wrong."

"Are we forgetting who it was that was knocking all the Bibles as not saying the same thing?" Jack pointed out.

That got Daniel mad and blurted out, "Jack! How can you believe in God after what had happened to your son!"

The silence in the room was dreadful. Jack saw the look of horror on Daniel's face as he could see that he had wished he had taken that back, but it was too late. The discussion had turned not only ugly but seething rage was spilling out of Jack's heart for that cut to his soul.

Then a small still voice spoke to Jack, reminding him, "...be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:"

"Thank you, Jesus, but please help me," Jack gave a silent prayer of thanks as the rage subsided with His help.

Sam was covering her mouth at what Daniel had said. Tears was swelling up in her eyes as she could see this moment as a defining turning point where Daniel will no longer be a part of the team. Indeed, she feared that Jack may haul off and put Daniel in the infirmary, putting his own career at Stargate in jeopardy, but she was too terrified as to what to say or do to avert any coming repercussions. As Teal'c moved in front of Jack to serve as a deterrant between the two of getting in a physical fight, Sam was relieved to see Jack regaining his composure to lean on the Lord for discernment as to why Daniel would resort to such a personal attack.

"Is this about Carter and I having been missing for awhile?" Jack inquired, referring to their recent rescue from being transported to another stargate by happenstance which was discovered to be also on earth, "Is that really what this was all about?" Jack could see the fear in Daniel's eyes as Daniel turned away to hid the tears swelling up in them. Jack mulled it over while Daniel's back was turned to him before replying, "I admit that I was angry with God, Daniel, but God did exist to me for me to be angry at. I live in a sin fallen world where bad things will happen because of sin. It was my responsibility and because of my sin.."

It was then that Daniel turned to interrupt him from blaming himself by saying, "Jack, I did not mean to..." but his emotions choked his words from finishing, and so he turned his back to Jack again as Jack continued for him.

"I know you didn't mean to, Daniel, but I am acknowledging in according to my faith in Jesus Christ that mistakes will be made by me, and I will continue to have my shortcomings and oversight until He brings me Home," Jack paused before finishing, "Jesus is helping me to walk through this valley of death. I know I will see my son someday because he was a believer too. I just pray that someday you may personally know the hope that I have in Jesus Christ," Daniel's back was still towards him and so he began to leave the room, "don't hold it against me just because I want to see you & Teal'c & Sam in Heaven too."

Jack was about fifty yards down the corridor from Daniel's study with Sam trailing beside him before he said quietly, "Carter. Let's go see if there's any of that peach cobbler left."