Kansas
✟14,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
In my experience, all this question has ever garnered is arguments.

I am a die hard Star Wars fan though through and through, I've read a ton of the novels and I wear all kinds of apparel. I get a lot deeper into it than a lot of people I know though, like knowing all the lore and everything, especially from a dark side point of view.

I even play some of the older video games like the classic Battlefront II and Empire at War, I don't really prefer the newer stuff.

Upvote 0

Joshua S

Nov 23, 2018
Dunedin
✟14,039.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Tough question. I mean I was introduced to Star Wars first but when I started watching the newer Star Treks I liked it. I liked the Star Trek movie with Benedict Cumberbatch. I haven't really watched any of the older Star Treks and I'm not really into the old Sci-Fi movies except from the Star Wars ones. I'm not really a fan of Rogue One or Han Solo: The Movie either.

Upvote 0
Feb 11, 2019
Texas
✟46,915.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Star Trek is rooted in science fiction of the 1950s and 1960s. Thematically, it's concerned with intergalactic exploration and social issues. It has long-form arcs, but it's still a TV series. It's better off being compared with other sci-fi TV series, like Babylon 5.
Star Wars, on the other hand, is rooted in mythic works—Arthurian legend, heroic quests, sagas, and the like. It's in space, but there's a fantasy element too. Arguably, the Force could be seen as a system of magic. It's more comparable to Dune than Star Trek.
TL;DR, I don't feel like the two can be properly compared because they're too different.

Upvote 0

markbrewer

Mar 29, 2019
kentucky
✟24,423.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Star Trek for me. I was a kid when it was first on tv. it was really impressive back then.

i'm pretty burnt out on it now, but I still love it's basic themes, the basic idea of the show. I don't know why I didn't get into Star Wars very much. I was older when it came along, I guess.

Upvote 0

Ttalkkugjil

Social Pastor
Mar 6, 2019
Suwon
✟34,572.00
Country
Korea, Republic Of
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
Well personally I'm a Star Wars person. Our entire family has grown up with it! Hee hee. So here's the big question "Star Wars Or Star Trek?" If you want to put why, that would be super too. (also my favorite dude, and movie is : The forth one (So the first one that came out) and then the Storm Troopers!)

C-3P0 rocks my socks too

Quantum Leap.

• Haha
Reactions: Sam91
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Tom 1

Optimistic sceptic
Site Supporter
Nov 13, 2017
Tarnaveni
✟818,769.00
Country
Romania
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well personally I'm a Star Wars person. Our entire family has grown up with it! Hee hee. So here's the big question "Star Wars Or Star Trek?" If you want to put why, that would be super too. (also my favorite dude, and movie is : The forth one (So the first one that came out) and then the Storm Troopers!)

C-3P0 rocks my socks too

Star Wars overall, for sure. The storylines run deep. Prefer the original 3 to the later ones, although Rogue was good I thought. I quite liked the original Star Trek series, but I find many of characters in all of the later iterations unbearably smug. Quite liked the most recent Star Trek movies though.

• Agree
Reactions: RDKirk
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

thecolorsblend

If God is your Father, who is your Mother?
Site Supporter
Jul 1, 2013
Gotham City, New Jersey
✟308,231.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Political agendas like having women in hero roles of power?
A year and two days late, it seems.

But really, this is my objection to all this woke culture we're seeing lately. It's like these franchises didn't exist before 2014 or something. So characters like Ahsoka Tano, Captain Catherine Janeway, Laurie Strode, Princess Leia, Sarah Connor and so forth seemingly either never existed or else their pre-2014 incarnations don't count or something.

And, of course, anybody who questions why everything has to be so woke all of a sudden is implicitly accused of [insert ism or phobia here]. Not because the person making the accusation sincerely believes that but because that's the only way to shut the discussion down. Although, for everything else, I guess there's always banning.

It's all so tiresome.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,450,439.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
A year and two days late, it seems.

But really, this is my objection to all this woke culture we're seeing lately. It's like these franchises didn't exist before 2014 or something. So characters like Ahsoka Tano, Captain Catherine Janeway, Laurie Strode, Princess Leia, Sarah Connor and so forth seemingly either never existed or else their pre-2014 incarnations don't count or something.

And, of course, anybody who questions why everything has to be so woke all of a sudden is implicitly accused of [insert ism or phobia here]. Not because the person making the accusation sincerely believes that but because that's the only way to shut the discussion down. Although, for everything else, I guess there's always banning.

It's all so tiresome.

Hey, you know the character Ahsoka Tano!

Here is the thing: Fourth Wave feminism is a different concept from the first three waves. The first wave was for political equality. The second wave was for economic equality. There is some debate about the Third Wave--most generally it's considered the spreading of the First and Second Waves beyond Western nations.

But the Fourth Wave is the "a woman needs a man like a fish needs a bicycle" wave. And this is where Fourth Wave feminism differs from the racial Civil Rights movement or the earlier feminist waves, or even LGBT... civil rights: The intent is not equality or getting a piece of the pie, the intent is to take the whole pie.

The enemy is the Patriarchy, which must be demolished. All territory held by the Patriarchy must be conquered. All towers built by the Patriarchy must be occupied or toppled. All males are enemy, therefore all males must be eliminated or emasculated.

And that is what you see in feminist media. You won't see strong women and equally strong men, you will see strong women and men who are either villainous or feckless. If there are stories with both heroic women and heroic men, Fourth Wave feminists will simply ignore them because those stories don't dismantle the Patriarchy.

Males in a Fourth Wave feminist story are portrayed as over-the-top stereotypes like blacks in racist productions from the early 20th century. I see very clearly what they're doing, because I've seen it before.

Paradoxically, Fourth Wave feminist's idea of the proper "strong, independent women" is actually a mirror of toxic male behavior. If you take, for instance, Marvel's Captain Marvel, the character is actually a 14-year-old boy's concept of a "super hero." She's an overpowered jerk displaying all the characteristics that First- and Second-Wave feminists said women should not represent.

They will say, "Turnabout is fair play" when you call them on it. However, that proves the point: Turnabout is never fair play, turnabout is just taking revenge by knowingly committing the same wrongs.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Lazarus Short
Upvote 0

thecolorsblend

If God is your Father, who is your Mother?
Site Supporter
Jul 1, 2013
Gotham City, New Jersey
✟308,231.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
The enemy is the Patriarchy, which must be demolished. All territory held by the Patriarchy must be conquered. All towers built by the Patriarchy must be occupied or toppled. All males are enemy, therefore all males must be eliminated or emasculated.
Heh, so true. In a lot of the comics coming out these days, the male characters who are "good men" are either gay or submissive.

There's a racial component too. In a lot of stories these days, you can figure out who the villain probably is before he or she is officially revealed by finding the whitest character in the cast. It's a safe bet that the whitest person will usually turn out to be the bad guy.

Tiresome. It's so tiresome.

• Agree
Reactions: Lazarus Short
Upvote 0

FloralDance

May 1, 2020
Michigan
✟7,724.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I grew up watching both. Personally I love Star Wars, it's more interesting and deeper to me. Star Trek kind of bored me after awhile...I specifically only like the original stuff. And now I have the Star Trek fight music in my head..
PS Team Spok!

Upvote 0