• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

Star Wars and creationists

Discussion in 'Creation & Evolution' started by GoSeminoles!, May 28, 2006.

1. Pats

Pats I'll take that comment with a grain of salt

+299
    Christian
    Married
    US-Libertarian
    Did you say that Star Trek's version of a space soap opera was "the best of al the ST series?"

I'm sure you meant to say, ST:TNG... and you were just confused????

2. GoSeminoles!

GoSeminoles! Guest

+0
    Nope, DS9 it is. The first season was dull, as was the first season of every ST series. DS9 had 2 things going for it that the other ST series did not.

First, DS9 showed a dirty future. Although I loved TNG, it had a clean, shiny future. Blood was seldom spilled and it was easy to hold the moral high ground. That's not human reality and never will be. DS9 had terrorists, corrupt politicians, religious zealots, and comprimised morals.

Second, the entire 4-year storyline with the Dominion was brilliant. Life is not a series of stand-alone stories. In real life, events take years or centuries to unfold. You get this in DS9, but not so much (or not at all) with the other ST series.

Those are the objective things DS9 had going for it over the other ST series. Subjectively, I found the characters on the show collectively more interesting than on the other series.