✟14,756.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
GoSeminoles! said:
Blasphemy! DS9 was far and away the best of all the Star Trek series, including the original. ST: "Truckstop" is pretty funny, though.

Did you say that Star Trek's version of a space soap opera was "the best of al the ST series?"

I'm sure you meant to say, ST:TNG... and you were just confused????

Upvote 0
G

GoSeminoles!

Pats said:
Did you say that Star Trek's version of a space soap opera was "the best of al the ST series?"

I'm sure you meant to say, ST:TNG... and you were just confused????

Nope, DS9 it is. The first season was dull, as was the first season of every ST series. DS9 had 2 things going for it that the other ST series did not.

First, DS9 showed a dirty future. Although I loved TNG, it had a clean, shiny future. Blood was seldom spilled and it was easy to hold the moral high ground. That's not human reality and never will be. DS9 had terrorists, corrupt politicians, religious zealots, and comprimised morals.

Second, the entire 4-year storyline with the Dominion was brilliant. Life is not a series of stand-alone stories. In real life, events take years or centuries to unfold. You get this in DS9, but not so much (or not at all) with the other ST series.

Those are the objective things DS9 had going for it over the other ST series. Subjectively, I found the characters on the show collectively more interesting than on the other series.

Upvote 0