• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.

Standing up for The Sanctity of Marriage

Discussion in 'Current News & Events' started by motherprayer, Dec 14, 2012.

1. GenetoJean

GenetoJean Veteran

+119
    Anglican
    Private
    US-Others
    Oops, I quoted the wrong post. I will have to fix that.

Kk, fixed. I was referring to the passages from Romans 1:18-32.

2. motherprayer

motherprayer Elisha

+491
    Christian
    Married
    My church doesn't even talk about homosexual marriage. We had one discussion about it, and the consensus among members was as long as the church isn't forced to perform homosexual marriages, then we had things to focus on that are more important than what our corrupted governmental officials are going to do.

3. Caesars Ghost

Caesars Ghost Guest

+0
    Maybe since Christians very often think marriage is strictly their institution and one between a man and a woman, it could be the Christian movement that directs itself toward abdicating State license unions.
    This way they'd not be in league with the government issue of a contract that binds the couple into a State sanctioned institution called marriage, wherein everyone but gay's are as the law permits able to sign and commit. And instead Christians could rescind those contracts, i.e. seek an abolition of the contract itself/i.e. divorce, which is rescind the State contract, and move to a ritual marriage through the church authority only.

Of course, that would not garner the exclusive union of a Christian straight newly church married couple the State and Federal rights the aforementioned State issued marriage license/contract would.
    However, it would give them the exclusive right to be joined in the eyes of God.

This way, as the nation appears to be more and more bound in the direction of Hell as gay's grow to achieve more and more opportunities to stand equal as citizens overall, Christians could insure their faithful covenant in a God anointed union of one man and one woman is sacrosanct.

After all, Mary and Joseph didn't have a marriage license.

4. 7he4uthor

7he4uthor 7he 7rue he4RT of 7he CRE4TOR

+7
    Private
    ---

Last edited: Dec 25, 2012
  5. Caesars Ghost

Caesars Ghost Guest

+0
    Oh, come now. ;)

The Inside Story of a Controversial New Text About Jesus

According to a top religion scholar, this 1,600-year-old text fragment suggests that some early Christians believed Jesus was married—possibly to Mary Magdalene

(Smithsonian.Com)[​IMG]

Genesis 34:11-12 Shechem also said to her father and to her brothers, “Let me find favor with you, and whatever you say to me I will give. 12 Put the marriage present and gift as high as you like, and I will give whatever you ask me; only give me the girl to be my wife.”

How long will you falter between two opinions? If the LORD is God follow Him...
    1 Kings 18:21

6. 7he4uthor

+7
    Private
    :eek:

7. 7he4uthor

+7
    Private
    something above got edited
    im not sure who made the natural presentation about animals
    its lost

8. Ave Maria

Ave Maria Ave Maria Gratia Plena

+1,615
    United States
    Catholic
    Engaged
    US-Republican
    I think that we should all be praying and praying hard for the protection of marriage. I strongly recommend the Rosary as well as the Divine Mercy Chaplet.

9. motherprayer

motherprayer Elisha

+491
    Christian
    Married
    Bless you Sister :)

10. Caesars Ghost

Caesars Ghost Guest

+0

Yes, it looks like your font got chopped very badly by the server or something. :confused:

And no, I am not the one that talked about homosexuality, nature, black widows murdering their mate, etc...
    Though it is true that homosexuality does exist in nature.

There's a book about the study entitled, Biological Exuberance.

11. Caesars Ghost

Caesars Ghost Guest

+0
    I wonder if the same prayers were made when the pursuit for the right to interracial marriage was an issue?

And what about atheists entering into marriage?

12. motherprayer

motherprayer Elisha

+491
    Christian
    Married
    I love when that's brought up, because the alleged "Biblical" issue with interracial marriage came from an inference, rather than direct Scripture, and anyway, Moses was married to an Ethipian woman.

13. 7he4uthor

+7
    Private
    ---

14. mandyangel

mandyangel Regular Member

+204
    Christian
    In Relationship
    US-Republican
    Amen.

15. Caesars Ghost

Caesars Ghost Guest

+0
    Actually there's controversy because Josephus claimed she was Cushite and that they were Ethiopians. Bible scholars tend to conflict on that issue.

But that is of no matter because Moses had nothing to do with the reality of 20th century America during the time when interracial marriage was illegal.

And forbidding gay American's the right to marry is inference as well.

However, in the case of racism and interracial marriages being forbidden, the Bible was still used as cause to oppose the legality of those unions. And yet it was considered "Christian" to do so in many religious circles.

Of course, the laws may change but the mind's seldom follow.

USA Today) Ky. church revisits ban on interracial couples

December 3,2011

[​IMG] Stella Harville's childhood church in Pike County, Ky., voted to ban interracial couples from becoming church members after she and her fiance, Ticha Chikuni, sang a song during a visit to the church over the summer. The pastor at the church now says that the decision is unlikely to stand.

16. wordsoflife

wordsoflife Well-Known Member

+38
    Lutheran
    Single
    Why do you make the comparison? Homosexual is SAME SEX and not comparable in my mind.

17. united4Peace

united4Peace Contributor

+630
    Protestant
    Private
    Because if one wants to protect a Christian Marriage, which is what some people are saying then why allow any type of NON Christian marriage.

18. wordsoflife

wordsoflife Well-Known Member

+38
    Lutheran
    Single
    The reason they are being stopped from getting married is not because they are non-Christian it is because they are SAME-SEX.

19. 7he4uthor

+7
    Private
    ---

20. Skarl

Skarl Guest

+0
    You do know the reason Moses was forbidden to enter the Holy Land was explicitly explained by God in the Bible, right? It had nothing to do with genetic purity.