Northern Illniois
✟39,310.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
...you think doing yard work on Saturday is worthy of being put to death? :scratch:
tulc(thinks that sounds a little...harsh) :sorry:

motherprayer thinks that sounds a little harsh too lol

Okay, lol, well it's just as much an "abomination" according to scripture as same sex marriage.

Upvote 0

Blackwater Babe

Jan 10, 2011
United States
✟8,940.00
Faith
Catholic
Politics
US-Libertarian
Blackwater, if you've got a problem with me please address me personally instead of not respoding to what I actually said about THIS issue.
Quoting the op, and quoting your response to the op, isn't good enough for you? :confused:

Upvote 0

wordsoflife

Sep 18, 2012
✟2,417.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Okay, lol, well it's just as much an "abomination" according to scripture as same sex marriage.

In the New Testament we are set free from the Sabbath law in Christ. However homosexuality is still condemned in the New Testament.

1 Timothy 1:9-10
Understanding this, that the law is not laid down for the just but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and sinners, for the unholy and profane, for those who strike their fathers and mothers, for murderers, the sexually immoral, men who practice homosexuality, enslavers, liars, perjurers, and whatever else is contrary to sound doctrine.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

motherprayer

Elisha
Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
✟19,375.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Wrong, in the New Testament we are set free from the Sabbath law in Christ. However homosexuality is still condemned in the New Testament.

1 Timothy 1:9-10
Understanding this, that the law is not laid down for the just but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and sinners, for the unholy and profane, for those who strike their fathers and mothers, for murderers, the sexually immoral, men who practice homosexuality, enslavers, liars, perjurers, and whatever else is contrary to sound doctrine.

Right smack in the middle of a bunch of other sins that Christians don't seem to give a lick about? What in that verse makes homosexuality even look more important than other sins?

Upvote 0

wordsoflife

Sep 18, 2012
✟2,417.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Right smack in the middle of a bunch of other sins that Christians don't seem to give a lick about? What in that verse makes homosexuality even look more important than other sins?

You're wrong Christians do "give a lick about" those other sins. We should not commit any of those sins. At my Church we are taught to keep the 10 Commandments. I don't understand what your problem is with people having a problem with homosexuality.

Upvote 0

motherprayer

Elisha
Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
✟19,375.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You're wrong Christians do "give a lick about" those other sins. We should not commit any of those sins. At my Church we are taught to keep the 10 Commandments. I don't understand what your problem is with people having a problem with homosexuality.

One of the ten commandments is keeping the sabbath...

I don't have a problem "with people having a problem with homosexuality." I have a problem with hypocrisy, with pastors who cast those who are suffering from more outward sins down as evil, while condoning and at times even encouraging sinful behavior within their own congregation.

I have a problem with the hypocrisy surrounding this issue especially as it relates to the everyday Christian, who goes to church on Sunday after going to the bar on Saturday, and heads to the beach to rock out in their bikini after church.

I have a problem with pastors who condone divorce, and don't offer enough premarital counselling.

I have a problem with Christians telling OTHER CHRISTIANS that there is something wrong with them if they are a virgin.

I have a problem with knowing JUST HOW THESE PEOPLE MAKE GOD LOOK when they spew hatred revolving around one sin, and then go right ahead and encourage a brother in Christ to divorce his wife because she doesn't please him sexually.

But no, I agree with "people having a problem with homosexuality." But you can't do anything about it as long as the Christian body looks, acts, dresses and talks like they are worse off than the gay couple looking to get married.

Upvote 0

wordsoflife

Sep 18, 2012
✟2,417.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
One of the ten commandments is keeping the sabbath...

I don't have a problem "with people having a problem with homosexuality." I have a problem with hypocrisy, with pastors who cast those who are suffering from more outward sins down as evil, while condoning and at times even encouraging sinful behavior within their own congregation.

I have a problem with the hypocrisy surrounding this issue especially as it relates to the everyday Christian, who goes to church on Sunday after going to the bar on Saturday, and heads to the beach to rock out in their bikini after church.

I have a problem with pastors who condone divorce, and don't offer enough premarital counselling.

I have a problem with Christians telling OTHER CHRISTIANS that there is something wrong with them if they are a virgin.

I have a problem with knowing JUST HOW THESE PEOPLE MAKE GOD LOOK when they spew hatred revolving around one sin, and then go right ahead and encourage a brother in Christ to divorce his wife because she doesn't please him sexually.

But no, I agree with "people having a problem with homosexuality." But you can't do anything about it as long as the Christian body looks, acts, dresses and talks like they are worse off than the gay couple looking to get married.

Sounds like you go to the wrong Church. I don't see my Church or the other Christians there like that at all. They would definitely have a problem with those things you listed such as Divorce. Isn't it okay to have a problem with those things and to also have a problem with homosexuality. That isn't hypocrisy. I have said all along that those other sins are wrong as well.

Upvote 0

Kristos

Servant
Aug 30, 2006
Minnesota
✟37,552.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married

I would have to disagree with that - I think there are a lot Christians who do recognize all these things as sin, and might even struggle with some of them, but they never give up and they never give in to the temptation of rationalization. As soon as you stop seeing sin as sin, then you cease to be the chief of all sinners, which is a dangerous place to be.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
C

Caesars Ghost

1 Timothy 9:10 is part of what many refer to as "Clobber Passages". i.e Biblical passages used to clobber or condemn gays.

"Homosexual" "Homosexuals" "Homosexuality" , were not terms used in the age of Paul's writings or in that of the Timothy verse. What originally appeared was the Greek word, arsenokoitai.Which actually would have described shrine prostitutes.
Arsenokoitai" is made up of two parts: "arsen" means "man"; "koitai" means "beds."

The word "arsenokoitai" in 1 Corinthians and 1 Timothy:
"Arsenokoitai"is a Greek word that appears to have been created by Paul when he was writing 1 Corinthians 6:9-10. No record remains of any writer having using the term before Paul. It has been translated as "abusers of themselves with mankind" in the King James Version (KJV):
"Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God." (Emphasis ours)
The KJV was finished 1611 CE when there was no single word in the English language that referred to homosexuals or homosexuality. The translators were forced to use this awkward phrase. The term "homosexual" was only created in the late 19th century. More recent versions of the Bible translate arsenokoitai here as:

• "homosexuals," (NASB);
  • "homosexual perversion," (NEB);
  • "homosexual offenders," (NIV).
In doing this, they appear to have little respect or attention to the actual meaning of the original Greek verse. By using the term "homosexual" the translators changed the scope of the verse. The original Greek refers to men only; the English translation refers to both males and females; i.e. to gays and lesbians. We suspect that the temptation to attack lesbians overcame the translators' desire to be accurate.
The author of 1 Timothy also used "arsenokoitai." The KJV translated it similarly:
"Knowing this, that the law is not made for a righteous man, but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and for sinners, for unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers, For whoremongers, for them that defile themselves with mankind, for menstealers, for liars, for perjured persons, and if there be any other thing that is contrary to sound doctrine." (Emphasis ours)

Upvote 0

7he4uthor

7he 7rue he4RT of 7he CRE4TOR
Mar 16, 2011
7he he4RT of GOD
Visit site
✟16,942.00
Faith
Marital Status
Private
Romans 1:18-32 said:

29 Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,
30 Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,
31 Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:

32 Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.
1 Corinthians 6:9-10); 4 are nonspecific (Leviticus 18:21-22, Leviticus 20:13, Romans 1:26-27, 1 Timothy 1:8-10

Last edited:
Upvote 0

GenetoJean

Veteran
Jun 25, 2012
Delaware
Visit site
✟18,940.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
the 6reeks were liberal sexually, they lived as modern americans, false democracy etc.
0lder men often initiated young boys [pedophelia] before they married
both homosex and pedophilia were accepted then in that society.

Originally Posted by Romans 1:18-32

26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:
27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.
28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;

29 Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,
30 Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,
31 Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:

32 Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.
1 Corinthians 6:9-10); 4 are nonspecific (Leviticus 18:21-22, Leviticus 20:13, Romans 1:26-27, 1 Timothy 1:8-10

the anti homosex texts go back far past paul
https://www.google.com/#hl=en&tbo=d&sclient=psy-ab&q=bible+book+of+romans+8+on++homosexuals+hate+parents+and+god+&oq=bible+book+of+romans+8+on++homosexuals+hate+parents+and+god+&gs_l=serp.3...34526.35487.6.36433.2.2.0.0.0.0.206.392.0j1j1.2.0.les%3B..0.0...1c.1.f3yL8-4KhQc&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.&fp=4ea41b01c49aa2fa&bpcl=40096503&biw=1366&bih=650

my post was about not marrying.
the above post was interesting but doesnt address older texts and like all who use script
avoids the harder paul text in red

But that is a punishment, if they didnt want to be that way and God made them that way it is a punishment. It also would stop them from multiplying and make their civilization fall apart.

Last edited:
Upvote 0