Elisha
Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
✟19,375.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Gay marriage on the other hand is blatant and outright sin against God and an abomination.

Jesus said whoever looks upon a woman with lust has already committed adultery in his own heart, and whoever looks upon his brother with hatred has already committed murder. Those were extreme sayings, that carried a LOT of weight.

Interesting that in the Christian Marriage Movement's zeal and bluster that many of them are guilty of the first, and committing the second by condemning to hell the very people they should be MINISTERING to.

Interesting that even though a marriage between two members of the same sex will NEVER be recognized by God as a sacred covenant, Christians INSIST that by allowing it our government has issued a death warrant to the marriage institution.

Even more interesting that one can be on neither side of the issue and yet feel so strongly about it, me. I WANT TO GO BACK TO NORMAL CHRISTIAN LIFE, where people LOVED each other and didn't constantly INSPECT each other for faults.

Upvote 0

wordsoflife

Sep 18, 2012
✟2,417.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Jesus said whoever looks upon a woman with lust has already committed adultery in his own heart, and whoever looks upon his brother with hatred has already committed murder. Those were extreme sayings, that carried a LOT of weight.

So, what's your point? We shouldn't commit these sins either. That doesn't mean we should say gay marriage is okay.

Upvote 0

motherprayer

Elisha
Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
✟19,375.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So, what's your point? We shouldn't commit these sins either. That doesn't mean we should say gay marriage is okay.

My point is that we should stop being hypocrites. Saying one sin condemns a person to hell but the rest don't IS hypocrisy. Christisans should all stop acting like they are better than anyone else because they are not. We have all been cursed with a sinful nature, and all need to repent. There is not "worst" sin, there is just ungodliness, period. And it is in all of us.

Upvote 0

wordsoflife

Sep 18, 2012
✟2,417.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
My point is that we should stop being hypocrites. Saying one sin condemns a person to hell but the rest don't IS hypocrisy. Christisans should all stop acting like they are better than anyone else because they are not. We have all been cursed with a sinful nature, and all need to repent. There is not "worst" sin, there is just ungodliness, period. And it is in all of us.

I disagree somewhat. I agree that we shouldn't be hypocrites and say these sins are okay, but I said that in my last post. Where I disagree with you is that I believe some sins are worse than others and I believed we will be judged thus. Homosexuality I believe to be one of the worst sins.

Upvote 0

wordsoflife

Sep 18, 2012
✟2,417.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Scripture?

Romans 2:5-7
But because of your hard and impenitent heart you are storing up wrath for yourself on the day of wrath when God's righteous judgment will be revealed. He will render to each one according to his works: to those who by patience in well-doing seek for glory and honor and immortality, he will give eternal life;

Leviticus 20:13
If a man lies with a male as with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination; they shall surely be put to death; their blood is upon them.

Upvote 0

motherprayer

Elisha
Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
✟19,375.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Romans 2:5-7
But because of your hard and impenitent heart you are storing up wrath for yourself on the day of wrath when God's righteous judgment will be revealed. He will render to each one according to his works: to those who by patience in well-doing seek for glory and honor and immortality, he will give eternal life;

Leviticus 20:13
If a man lies with a male as with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination; they shall surely be put to death; their blood is upon them.

Romans says "because of your hard and impenitent heart." It doesn't give a name for any particular sin being above another.
And do we really want to get into all the things that could get a man put to death in Leviticus? Its semantics, really.

Homosexuality is sin. God created marriage. Married people who are of the same gender are in sin. So are married people who have divorced for any reason other than adultery, and adultery is mentioned quite a bit more than homosexuality in the Bible. A woman who divorces her husband because "he didn't make her happy anymore" is living in adultery should she find a new mate. Conversely, so is a woman living with another woman under the premise that they are married.

THEY ARE BOTH SIN.

To back up what you say Scripturally, you will have to find a verse (or verses) that EXPLICITLY states that some sins are worse than others and also that homosexuality is among those sins.

Here is an interesting perspective, God destroyed Sodom because of homosexuality, right? Well He destroyed nearly THE WHOLE HUMAN RACE because of the wicked things in their minds.

Upvote 0

wordsoflife

Sep 18, 2012
✟2,417.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
I already showed that we will be judged according to our works and also that homosexuality is considered to be an abomination. Some sins are considered worse than others as God will judge according to our works. There is no further proof needed.

There is however further proof. Read Romans 1:26-32: "those who practice such things deserve to die"

Also:
Revelation 22:12
And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

wordsoflife

Sep 18, 2012
✟2,417.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
To back up what you say Scripturally, you will have to find a verse (or verses) that EXPLICITLY states that some sins are worse than others and also that homosexuality is among those sins.

Homosexuality is an abomination deserving of death. What further proof is needed?

Upvote 0

motherprayer

Elisha
Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
✟19,375.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Homosexuality is an abomination deserving of death. What further proof is needed?

Read the full of Leviticus 18. It gives the commandments and then it ends like this:
26 Ye shall therefore keep my statutes and my judgments, and shall not commit any of these abominations; neither any of your own nation, nor any stranger that sojourneth among you:
27 (For all these abominations have the men of the land done, which were before you, and the land is defiled;)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

wordsoflife

Sep 18, 2012
✟2,417.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Read the full of Leviticus 18. It gives the commandments and then it ends like this:
26 Ye shall therefore keep my statutes and my judgments, and shall not commit any of these abominations; neither any of your own nation, nor any stranger that sojourneth among you:
27 (For all these abominations have the men of the land done, which were before you, and the land is defiled;)

Exactly, so what's your point? Homosexuality is an abomination deserving of death and will be judged more strictly than many other sins.

Upvote 0

motherprayer

Elisha
Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
✟19,375.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Exactly, so what's your point? Homosexuality is an abomination deserving of death and will be judged more strictly than many other sins.

There are a lot of sins worthy of death in the Bible:

Exodus 21:12 He that smiteth a man, so that he die, shall be surely put to death.
Exodus 21:15 And he that smiteth his father, or his mother, shall be surely put to death.
Exodus 21:16 And he that stealeth a man, and selleth him, or if he be found in his hand, he shall surely be put to death.
Exodus 21:17 And he that curseth his father, or his mother, shall surely be put to death.
Exodus 31:14-15 Ye shall keep the sabbath therefore; for it is holy unto you: every one that defileth it shall surely be put to death: for whosoever doeth any work therein, that soul shall be cut off from among his people. Six days may work be done; but in the seventh is the sabbath of rest, holy to the LORD: whosoever doeth any work in the sabbath day, he shall surely be put to death.
Leviticus 20:10 And the man that committeth adultery with another man's wife, even he that committeth adultery with his neighbour's wife, the adulterer and the adulteress shall surely be put to death.
Leviticus 24:16 And he that blasphemeth the name of the LORD, he shall surely be put to death, and all the congregation shall certainly stone him: as well the stranger, as he that is born in the land, when he blasphemeth the name of the Lord, shall be put to death.
Leviticus 24:17 And he that killeth any man shall surely be put to death.

Reactions: united4Peace
Upvote 0

wordsoflife

Sep 18, 2012
✟2,417.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
As I said, Im for banning SS marriage and protecting Christian marriage, only if we are fair and Ban any marriage that is not Christian based!! :D

Marriage is ordained of God one male and one female from the beginning. What you are suggesting is ridiculous. The only one that will be banned is SAME SEX couples for it is an abomination.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

motherprayer

Elisha
Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
✟19,375.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
As I said, Im for banning SS marriage and protecting Christian marriage, only if we are fair and Ban any marriage that is not Christian based!! :D

EXACTLY!!!!!

Haha I think you're the only one who agrees with me in the world.

Reactions: united4Peace
Upvote 0

motherprayer

Elisha
Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
✟19,375.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

There is however further proof. Read Romans 1:26-32: "those who practice such things deserve to die"
Romans 1:27-32

Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers; backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents, without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful: who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.

Okay so in Romans 1, ALL of these things are listed.

Upvote 0