Sunflower Jewel
Feb 10, 2017
The Netherlands
✟78,464.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I wrote this poem 10 years ago, this was about some earlier friends who weren't really "good friends" as they didn't listen to what I would share or would treat anything I shared as if it was nothing important to them, they could often come with hurtful statements just to make me seem silly or to put me down. Some years later I found out they had never really been my friends, for some reason they seemed to become more competitive and jealous. They were never supportive when I went through difficult times and really needed their support and understanding, one time they mentioned after another lady we know of shared something which was meant to be a prophetic encouragement to me as well as she shared about a part which indicated that I had been treated badly by others, that this is something I should share with them about my difficult times since they were my friends. And I thought to myself; "I already have, but you only made fun of it or saw it as something which wasn't that bad." Most likely they wanted to try seeming good back then, though they weren't of the very "loyal" type.

But I think this poem fits in general too, as in not depending too much on people. As people will fail and disappoint us, same can we do too, of course, but God will never fail nor disappoint us. We may perhaps feel disappointed sometimes in the way He corrects and answers to us, but those of us who loves Him will realize soon that He is right and that His truth should be obeyed. Depending fully on God will give you more peace of mind, and make you walk more in the plans He has in mind for you.

"Stand on my own"

How many times we loose focus
How many times we fall
'cause of what we hear
and what we get told.

Good friends can disappoint
Good friends can put you down
When we trust them too much
all critical words can make us bound.

Sometimes we might feel deceived
sometimes we might feel too hurt
Tired of this all,
and easily burned by one crushing word.

Anger toward friends
Anger when I get too easily hurt
I won't be sitting there all sad
I'll raise up myself and stand up
with new Godly pride.

Many times we have to stand up
Stand up on our own
With no one around
only God on our side.

We have to learn trusting God more
being dependant on only Him
Walking in His Word's path
ask Him to guide us everyday.

Good friends may hurt
Good friends may fail
We can never fully depend on them
but only God, He is the One.

No matter what friends say
I'll raise up my head to God and pray
No matter if friends doubt me
I'll stand firm and in Him be.

Only Him I can fully trust
He never fails
And He fully knows me
His plan and promises for me never fades.

By: Crowned Princess.

Martyr's Crown

Sunflower Jewel
Feb 10, 2017
The Netherlands
✟78,464.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thank you for this. It's a beautiful poem, and really true. I've been hurt by a lot of people, but Jesus is the one friend that has never let me down. :heartpulse:

Thank you for your comment and compliment. :)

True, Jesus Christ is the best friend one can have! :oldthumbsup:

Upvote 0